RPG Codex: The Truly Final Review

About animancy hearings:

The main character gets a chance to argue her case based on past decisions at the final animancy hearings. Too bad none of it matters in the slightest.

Not right away, but it matters in the ending slides. Be reliable.

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

About animancy hearings:

The main character gets a chance to argue her case based on past decisions at the final animancy hearings. Too bad none of it matters in the slightest.

Not right away, but it matters in the ending slides. Be reliable.

Yeah that complaint bugged me as well.  

Also, though it may be a small consequence, you can convince a Dozens member at the hearing that animancy isn't so bad and he will be trying to help animancers escape the riots.

• Like 1

Not a bad review though my major criticism would be it's length, it took me almost as long to read as a play though takes. I'd also take a bit of issue though, I thought he was a bit harsh on the base game without the White March expansion, but clearly he put in a substantial amount of time and thought into it.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I thought he did good job articulating the improvements made in White March. The improvements happened over  12 patches and such a long time, it became hard to distinguish all the new features I appreciated over time. 

I hope they never do a mid game expansion again. The Ambiguous starting level and lack of good narrative break in which to explore what is essentially a side quest in terms of presented motivations for the Watcher drove me as crazy as a Watcher. A great deal of improvements were introduced but mixing it in with the main content leaves a lot of annoying conditionals. 

"I should wait to start White March because my Watcher is slowly going mad if I dont figure out what Thaos did."

"I should start the White March after act 2 because it kinda works for the narrative. Oh wait, I have completed MOST of the game without getting to use all those cool White March items"

"I should start White March early to enjoy all the new items, oh wait the most engaging combat of the game was lower level than it would have been and now when I go back to finish act 2 and 3 they are to easy because I leveled in White March. Also causes a dichotomous narrative. "

Edited by boffmoffet
  • Like 3

I can't stand that place.

Or let's say I can't stand the whole vitriolic atmosphere.

It seems to be full of self-aggrandizing, impudent and ostensibly omniscient wisenheimers with beastly manners who obviously suffer from bad breeding and a lack of marshall-slaps and rabbit punches.

It's sad because I think most of them are also quite smart.

But maybe I'm just too old, humorless and grumpy and smell like mould cheese, who knows...

Sorry for the rant - I'm sure there are also supernice people there, so please don't feel offended if you are a member (or even a mod like Infinitron). :)

This place feels like heaven compared to that.

PS: I don't agree with some things in the review, but very thoroughly done. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 7

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yup, the codex is pretty darn noxious, though to be fair they are hardly the only unpleasant gaming forum. Bad manners and ill breeding seem to be a mainstay in gaming forums... or maybe that's just the internet in general.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light