What attribute helps detect traps? I have my dynamic duo with 18+ perception and 15 mechanics. But, where I know there is a trap and have always found it before, I can't "find" it this time. Just curious why that might be.

Joe

Afaik it's only [mechanics]. Plus if you are in [scouting/stealth] mode, you get a bonus. And the last factor is [distance] to the trap.

Haven't checked the code through.

Edited by MaxQuest

I don't know if this technically counts as a spoiler, but

the traps on the door to Concelhaut's treasure room and the two on the chests inside

I've always been able to find before. I haven't always been able to to disarm them, but I've always found them and at lower level than I am now (16). I pumped my thief up to 17 mechanics and 20 perception, stealth mode, and as close to the door as I can get, and still no joy.

Not the end of the world, or even the end of this suburb. But with just my party of two, I do make as much use of traps as I can (every little bit helps and is that much more damage than I would have done otherwise). Just odd. One of which is one of my favorite traps, Storm of Fire I think it is called.

Ah, well.

Joe

Afaik scaling content increase trap detection, trap disarm and skill check thresholds by 25%.

DetectableDifficultyMult = 1.250000

DisarmDifficultyMult = 1.250000

TrapAccuracyBonus = 20

TrapEffectMult = 1.330000

TrapDamageMult = 1.330000

SkillCheckMult = 1.250000

I hope DisarmDifficultyMult and SkillCheckMult are not applied at the same time...

• Like 1

Afaik scaling content increase trap detection, trap disarm and skill check thresholds by 25%.

DetectableDifficultyMult = 1.250000

DisarmDifficultyMult = 1.250000

TrapAccuracyBonus = 20

TrapEffectMult = 1.330000

TrapDamageMult = 1.330000

SkillCheckMult = 1.250000

I hope DisarmDifficultyMult and SkillCheckMult are not applied at the same time...

It should be easy to test because you can toggle the scaling via the console... I remember also the trap inside the hidden chamber of Galvino's basement, which was also nearly impossible to detect/disarm with scaled content.

If I remember well, the deadliest trap in the game deals 300 raw dmg (upscaled) and can OS you (but when you use it yourself it deals something like 100dmg...)

Have you tried to have the trap go off?

Well, that was how I remembered the door being trapped. ;-)

Reloaded a couple of times trying to detect it to no avail. Of course ,what's a little trap when there is booty on the other side?

Joe

I could be wrong (I deleted all my past games in hopes of speeding up load-times, which this does, BTW), but I don't remember having a mechanics of 17 by the time I got here in the past, and I've always played it upscaled.

I do wonder if this area was made more difficult for detecting with the most recent patch. I don't think I've hit this area since then before now. I mean, it is an arch mage's treasure. Makes sense it would be the most difficult traps to detect.

There's a trap I can put down that does 100 dam?! Where do I get my hands on that? I feel so cheated. Not only can my rogue/mechanics guy only put down one trap at a time, but they are gimped to near uselessness. Pick one or the other for balance, but not both. I mean, I'm a rogue for goodness' sake! That's my jam!

Joe

Edited by JFutral

The traps on the chests in the room are at level 14 and 10 with upscaled content.  That's disarming level, detecting level was lower.  No trouble there.

I couldn't detect the door trap even at Mechanics 15.

v 3.04