Politics Episode 8: WWF Edition

Gorth

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm pretty sure I reported Sharp_One for the trans comment. Although I believe I wasn't the only one. Honestly it is hard of keep track.

Typical leftist libtard fascist beta cuck, running to authority.

:lol:

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm pretty sure I reported Sharp_One for the trans comment. Although I believe I wasn't the only one. Honestly it is hard of keep track.

Typical leftist libtard fascist beta cuck, running to authority.

:lol:

Reported!

wants to implement a law that would make it a felony for Americans to support the international boycott against Israel, which was launched in protest of that country’s decades-old occupation of Palestine.

Unless 'support' is replaced with 'participate in' then there is a zero percent chance this is constitutional and so I'll assume the article meant participate in. As for the underlying idea: Totally indefensible. No one should be obligated to involve their private business with any party or party's against their will. Considering my previous argument regarding the civil rights act I'm nearly alone in this sentiment on this board though. I'm with you on this KP. Boycotts are freedom of association and in the case of business a matter property rights besides.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

wants to implement a law that would make it a felony for Americans to support the international boycott against Israel, which was launched in protest of that country’s decades-old occupation of Palestine.

Unless 'support' is replaced with 'participate in' then there is a zero percent chance this is constitutional and so I'll assume the article meant participate in. As for the underlying idea: Totally indefensible. No one should be obligated to involve their private business with any party or party's against their will. Considering my previous argument regarding the civil rights act I'm nearly alone in this sentiment on this board though. I'm with you on this KP. Boycotts are freedom of association and in the case of business a matter property rights besides.

Tell that to the Zionists overlords.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Excerpt from WaPo piece detailing Trump's legal travails:

DFORQmyW0AE1HxP.jpg

I suppose his lashing out at Mueller of late is an indication that he knows he's in deep doodoo.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

DFORQmyW0AE1HxP.jpg

I suppose his lashing out at Mueller of late is an indication that he knows he's in deep doodoo.

Prepare for disappointment.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

Spicer's out.

He must be so relieved

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

DFORQmyW0AE1HxP.jpg

Prepare for disappointment.

Disappointment that a new low has been reached by the man? I somehow doubt that. Everything that has happened thus far is consistent to the opinion of the man my family and I have developed over the ~30 years we had to hear about him in the news.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

And he was kinda terrible at it. I mean, it can't really have passed everyone at the whitehouse by either. 

Not a job anyone could have done well in the circumstances. Trump cannot keep a position straight from day to day and while Spicer occasionally poured oil on PR fires most of those fires were started by Trump first and foremost and Trump hasn't exactly been reticent about stoking them either. There's not much you can do if your boss keeps insisting that his inauguration crowd was the biggest- almost as big as his hands, and let me tell you they're yuge hands and I know hands- of all time despite all evidence to the contrary.

His replacement/ boss looks just terrible though. Stereotypical plastic banker PR person who you'd expect to melt if put near an open flame or turn to dust in sunlight.

When people ask me why I refuse to vote Republican anymore this is #2 on the growing list of reasons I give. Civil Asset forfeiture. Why are we not fighting a civil war over this despicable practice right this moment?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Isn't freezing assets already a thing? Nothing should be seized without conviction.

The definition of Civil Asset Forfeiture from Wikipedia:

Civil forfeiture in the United States, also called civil asset forfeiture or civil judicial forfeiture[1] or occasionally civil seizure, is a controversial legal process in which law enforcement officers take assets from persons suspected of involvement with crime or illegal activity without necessarily charging the owners with wrongdoing. While civil procedure, as opposed to criminal procedure, generally involves a dispute between two private citizens, civil forfeiture involves a dispute between law enforcement and property such as a pile of cash or a house or a boat, such that the thing is suspected of being involved in a crime. To get back the seized property, owners must prove it was not involved in criminal activity.

In all other aspects of our jurisprudence the citizen is innocent until proven guilty. Until  it comes to that one thing the goddamned government loves above all other things: money. So they just made themselves this little exception to the 4th Amendment and told us to go f--k ourselves if we don't like it. Both the Democrats AND the Republicans love this. In fact only one political party in all the land of the free has fought against this legalized thefthttp://www.lp.org

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's the type of law that you see why it was created, but it feels rather it requires those involved to walk the correct utilitarian path when invoking it. In other words baked into it is the potential for abuse.

To me, it is  an evil Nazi law right on the premise. There is no defense of this. if you can't prove someone is a criminal in a court of law  you shouldn't be allowed to steal their money.  PERIOD. Kanada has the same the kind of asanine law as well. So bad that a couple that owned apartments that happened  to house drug users (and supposedly drug sellers)  were basically ruined and lost everything and are still in court battles. Funny thing is that they were following the law of not discriminating against people with records plus the goal was to help those most poor and needing a home. LMAO

EVIL.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When people ask me why I refuse to vote Republican anymore this is #2 on the growing list of reasons I give. Civil Asset forfeiture. Why are we not fighting a civil war over this despicable practice right this moment?

Because almost no one gives a crap about property rights anymore.

Im glad Spicer is gone but he had an almost insurmountable task trying to decipher and ameliorate the mercurial and confusing tweets and comments of Trump...no one would get that one right as White House Press Secretary for Trump, especially in the beginning of his presidency    :teehee:    

I like Anthony Scaramucci, he seems to understand and respect normal engagement and interaction with institutions like the Media, it will be great to start to move away from the world of " alternative facts "  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela