Politics Episode 8: WWF Edition

Gorth

Leftists are supposed to want a nanny state with safe spaces. How is anti-establishment leftist? :lol:

Anarchism is considered left wing. I think that's pretty much what you're looking for.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Leftists are supposed to want a nanny state with safe spaces. How is anti-establishment leftist? :lol:

Since when leftists made any sense?

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Supporters of the king are in the right and those who oppose the king are in the left. That is how it was until somebody decided otherwise, because they wanted to be in left or right but they didn't have a king to oppose or they wanted just to make everything more confusing.

So technically if you go with original left/right divination then political left is original anti-establishment and political right is original pro-establishment.

And so if political establishment is against nanny state with safe spaces then those who oppose them (by demanding nanny state with safe spaces) are anti-establishment and therefore political left. But if political establishment supports nanny state with safe spaces then those who support them (by supporting existence of nanny state with safe spaces) are in political right.

:dancing:  :devil:  :dancing:

• Like 1

Well, in my opinion when the government's boot in on your neck does it really matter if it's the left boot or the right one?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, in my opinion when the government's boot in on your neck does it really matter if it's the left boot or the right one?

Some people prefer to identify with the foot. I guess it's like sports when you see out of shape proles talk about "we" or "us" winning.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That's more exciting than the games themselves.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The G20 is a massive embarrassment to America. My god it hasn't even been a full 6 months with trump...

His stance on climate change was to be expected .....I don't follow the debate but it is incongruous to be the only member country that has a leader who disputes the science 

However some of his supporters do indeed dismiss the reasons for global warming so you could see this as Trump sticking to a campaign promise?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/08/europe/g20-merkel-trump-communique/index.html

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The G20 is a massive embarrassment to America. My god it hasn't even been a full 6 months with trump...

His stance on climate change was to be expected .....I don't follow the debate but it is incongruous to be the only member country that has a leader who disputes the science 

However some of his supporters do indeed dismiss the reasons for global warming so you could see this as Trump sticking to a campaign promise?

He's referring to the whole capitulating to Putin and not standing up to Putin over the election meddling. Trump is an embarrassment to America in general :p

• Like 1

He's referring to the whole capitulating to Putin and not standing up to Putin over the election meddling. Trump is an embarrassment to America in general :p

I have always been very critical of Putin's belligerence and interference in numerous Democracies over the last decade ,  I am not defending him or denying the Russian unacceptable hubris around there hacking in the USA  election  but Russia has some important vested interests with the USA in countries like Syria

So now is not the time to discuss the hacking....anyway its obvious this is something Trump has always tried to avoid and dismiss 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It wouldn't be the best place or time to discuss the meddling in full, true, since it'd be a more drawn out discussion and it's the first face to face meeting, but Trump appears to have straight up accepted Putins denial (and of course they're going to deny).

• Like 1

War is still a good business I guess...

War is still a good business I guess...

Yep and good to know our media isn't a tool for the govt to misdirect/lie too

Oh my hat, this has got to be one of the most inaccurate and uninformed videos around the Syrian conflict I have ever seen. I cannot believe people from the UN can be so ignorant about events in the ME, did you guys actually listen to what the commentators are saying?

Lets summarize it, according to them

• There is no Shia\Sunni conflict in the ME....really? So there are no proxy wars or historical tension between Saudi Arabia or Iran? Its the USA  who has created this Kurd\Sunni\Shia divide ...wow the USA  is so powerful it actually can cause millions of Arabs who normally dislike the USA to create these false sectarian groups and then fight each other for years 
  • They deny the Arab Spring occurred and the Syrian civil war is the fault of the USA\Isreal\ Sunni countries
  • Assad is a good leader who actually has the whole country supporting him ....so what the destruction of Aleppo was because of ...
  • The USA  must be complicate because they killed Gaddafi so quickly yet Assad lives. Again this is another example of a lazy, spurious assessment of the Arab Spring. Gaddafi was killed by his own people, the USA did not attack Syria in the beginning because of the Russia and China veto...so obviously Assad was not killed 
  • They openly claim the war in Syria is about the USA trying to destroy a Arab, secular state.....like Libya. Yes clearly the USA  destroyed Libya ...very true and accurate 
  • The " media " is to blame for this false narrative, so all the independent Arab media houses that filmed numerous aspects of the war are actually one big company like CNN, Sky and Al-Jazeera. Amazing how people dismiss facts
  • The open support and bombing campaign of Russia is not recognized
  • There is no conflict against extremism in the ME and its all the Saudi\USA fault.....not sure who has been fighting ISIS in Mosul for the last 9 months?

This entire video is one series of excuses and false justifications for  a real conflict, anyone who seriously believes this may as well also believe that Peter Pan is real

Why would anyone take this video as real ?

John Milton 

I think katphood and redneckdevil were being facetus/sarcastic there.

Also, when I saw the bit about 'it's not a civil war, it's all of Syria against outsider mercenaries and terrorists', I thought "does that make most of Aleppo and it's citizens outsider mercenaries and terrorists too?"

I saw it as BS right from the start. Also, go to youtube and look at the source, they have stuff like "Hillary Helps Trump To Hunt Down Obama Over Drug Bust As He Goes Into Hiding ".

• Like 2

I think katphood and redneckdevil were being facetus/sarcastic there.

Also, when I saw the bit about 'it's not a civil war, it's all of Syria against outsider mercenaries and terrorists', I thought "does that make most of Aleppo and it's citizens outsider mercenaries and terrorists too?"

I saw it as BS right from the start. Also, go to youtube and look at the source, they have stuff like "Hillary Helps Trump To Hunt Down Obama Over Drug Bust As He Goes Into Hiding ".

I am still shocked the likes of the UN could be so disingenuous around events in the ME that are known and accepted by most countries 

But to play the old " the USA is causing all this conflict  " card is beyond my realm of understanding 

All this type of propaganda does is encourage countries in the ME to not take responsibility for addressing extremism which is not the case ....unbelievable  :shrugz:

John Milton 

If that truly is from the UN, it's not good for the UN. However, the video doesn't even show the names of the people speaking OR source where the video is from, so, it's either not from the UN or it's heavily edited a la o'keefe.

• Like 1

If that truly is from the UN, it's not good for the UN. However, the video doesn't even show the names of the people speaking OR source where the video is from, so, it's either not from the UN or it's heavily edited a la o'keefe.

Yes, you must be right

There is no way the UN could be so completely wrong in such a well known civil war, I am much more  likely to now believe your view on the whole validity of this video 

John Milton