Politics Episode 8: WWF Edition

Gorth

Weren't there videos of this nature showing various people/celebs beating up Trump?

Also, the same people who whine about Trump's 'sexism (ignmoring the fact the guy  acts like a douche to anyone be they male or female who opposes him) are also often the same ones who have no problem calling the  Trump women a whole host of nasty  sexist things from **** to prostitute, et al.  Hypocrites. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Weren't there videos of this nature showing various people/celebs beating up Trump?

Also, the same people who whine about Trump's 'sexism (ignmoring the fact the guy  acts like a douche to anyone be they male or female who opposes him) are also often the same ones who have no problem calling the  Trump women a whole host of nasty  sexist things from **** to prostitute, et al.  Hypocrites. L0L

Vol, you have complained enough about gender disparity to know that affronts against women are considered particularly heinous for obvious non patriarchal reasons (feminists aren't going to ruin a good thing...a good thing for them that is.)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't represent my country. I'm not asking you to take responsibility for all the illegal Poles causing problems in my country either, I know that's not you.

Do you?

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't represent my country. I'm not asking you to take responsibility for all the illegal Poles causing problems in my country either, I know that's not you.

Do you?

True, there's no way of knowing, and he did say he had his own company. Who's not to say that he exports workers?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

20 pages isn't 'extremely long', 100 pages would be, but okay.

It normally happens between 20-40 pages. Depending on just how busy things get and how vitriolic the posts are being.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I keep hearing things about the Poles that make me think they're the Mexicans of Europe.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

While I don't use it, Mexico of Europe is a nickname I've heard. I doubt that's accurate, people like their hyperbole.

20 pages isn't 'extremely long', 100 pages would be, but okay.

It normally happens between 20-40 pages. Depending on just how busy things get and how vitriolic the posts are being.

Yeah, technically our point is 25 pages. It makes things more manageble and can calm heated arguments or flame wars, but also prevents the forum code from going haywire. It's not as bad as it used to be but 30-40 page threads still have the tendency to **** up the formatting.

Oh my God. I have something positive to say about Lyndon Johnson now. Well, actually there were a few positive things about him. Not many, but a few.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Oh my God. I have something positive to say about Lyndon Johnson now. Well, actually there were a few positive things about him. Not many, but a few.

There's one gigantically positive thing, though, and I'm not talking about his manhood.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

There's one gigantically positive thing, though, and I'm not talking about his manhood.

I presume you are referring to the Civil  Rights Act. I'd  agree with you there. You know the ironic thing? That was Kennedy's baby, but he did not have the influence with Congress to push it through. Johnson did. The combination of Johnson's pushing and sympathy for Kennedy made all the difference. Had Kennedy not died it may never have passed. Or might not have been as far reaching if it did.

Every cloud does have a silver lining.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Justice Departments corporate crime watchdog resigns saying Trump makes it impossible to do the job

One of the Justice Department’s top corporate crime watchdogs has resigned, declaring that she cannot enforce ethics laws against companies while, she asserts, her own bosses in the Trump administration have been engaging in conduct that she said she would never tolerate in corporations.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I keep hearing things about the Poles that make me think they're the Mexicans of Europe.

They've got hot women and drink a lot?

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The number of Polish immigrants (700000+) was a contributing factor behind the UK's wish for a Brexit (i.e. stop the immigrants!). Indians are the only immigrant group that is more numerous in the UK now and India has some historical ties with the UK from colonial times, being part of the Commonwealth etc. But, I don't live in the UK anymore, so my interest in immigration politics there is mostly just curiosity now. Most likely outcome is, those who have been living there for a while as part of the EU free movement of work force agreements will get some special status allowing them to remain.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I presume you are referring to the Civil  Rights Act. I'd  agree with you there. You know the ironic thing? That was Kennedy's baby, but he did not have the influence with Congress to push it through. Johnson did. The combination of Johnson's pushing and sympathy for Kennedy made all the difference. Had Kennedy not died it may never have passed. Or might not have been as far reaching if it did.

The 'Civil rights Act' is an abomination to anyone who truly appreciates freedom.

I realize that you and pretty much every American, and possibly even those overseas were taught it's an amazing thing, but did you ever actually read it and objectively think about it for yourself?

It's got some really good things in it, I'll say that. But it's also got some downright evil things, packaged in seemingly well intentions and certainly advertised as such.

Some of the major problems our nation is currently facing have their origins in this legislation, and the rot is only going to go deeper until the problem is recognized.

Tip: If something is downright taboo to question, if some of the masses kneejerk flipout at the questioning of it as they've been conditioned to do, you should seriously take a deep look at it. And from experience, chances are high that if you do, things are not as they are going to be as you were told they were, and probably even believed they were: at least in part, but possibly even in whole.

Primary sources are an amazing thing. The truth to a lot of things are out there if one bothers to look. And the truth isn't always pretty.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

The 'Civil rights Act' is an abomination to anyone who truly appreciates freedom.

I realize that you and pretty much every American, and possibly even those overseas were taught it's an amazing thing, but did you ever actually read it and objectively think about it for yourself?

It's got some really good things in it, I'll say that. But it's also got some downright evil things, packaged in seemingly well intentions and certainly advertised as such.

Some of the major problems our nation is currently facing have their origins in this legislation, and the rot is only going to go deeper until the problem is recognized.

Tip: If something is downright taboo to question, if some of the masses kneejerk flipout at the questioning of it as they've been conditioned to do, you should seriously take a deep look at it. And from experience, chances are high that if you do, things are not as they are going to be as you were told they were, and probably even believed they were: at least in part, but possibly even in whole.

Primary sources are an amazing thing. The truth to a lot of things are out there if one bothers to look. And the truth isn't always pretty.

I assume you are referring to the expanded powers granted to the Civil Rights Commission in Title 5? Seeing as how it is a government bureaucracy that does whatever the hell it pleases with a lot of authority and minimal oversight  you do have a point. As for the rest of it, it does not restrict freedom. Quite the opposite actually in most cases. It's not OK for a city or State to tell certain people they may not enjoy the public spaces their taxes are paying for. Or that restaurants and other public business could restrict their customers. If it's open to the public it has to be open to all the public. Also desegregating schools was not a bad thing. 

Thomas Sowell