Ooops I guess? :lol:

I guess that's a yes since Jerek answered :D

Also.. there's another question about survival bonus.

1) Let's say i have level 2 survival and resting you can only choose one bonus right? Either DR or Healing bonus. Or actually which one you choose doesn't matter? You'll get both?

2) So let's say i have 7 level of survival bonus, my DR becomes twice better during rest?

Thanks!

Edited by Archaven

Ooops I guess? :lol:

I guess that's a yes since Jerek answered :D

Also.. there's another question about survival bonus.

1) Let's say i have level 2 survival and resting you can only choose one bonus right? Either DR or Healing bonus. Or actually which one you choose doesn't matter? You'll get both?

2) So let's say i have 7 level of survival bonus, my DR becomes twice better during rest?

Thanks!

You can only choose one at a time.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

And yes, if you have survival 7 then you will get +2 DR instead of +1 (if you choose that option while camping). You would get +40% healing if you'd have survival 8 (and choose this bonus while camping). However, the ACC-bonus doesn't scale like this: you'll get +10 with survial 4, +15 with survival 10 (so, only 5 more) and +18 at survival 16 (only +3).

A good value for survial can be 4 (for +10 ACC against certain enemy types), 8 (in order to get +40% healing) or 10 (+15 ACC). 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

@Boeroer

Hats off to you bro. I saw your chillfog build. Feeling an urge to use your build. and currently thinking about my next character. maybe i'll try out a monk, barbarian (as those 2 i have not played before) or even back to DW Cipher. let's not be greedy. i'm still level 5 with my Chanter in POTD  :biggrin: 

• Like 1

:)

Thanks a lot.

Monks are awesome. But you have to understand how they work. My first monk was a disappointment because I couldn't figure out his strengths in the early game. But once I got it right it was so much fun. Lots of micromanagement though. The total opposite of a chanter. ;)

Barbs start relatively weak (drop down quickly, miss a lot). But they have a steep power curve compared to other martial classes. A fun approach that works very well in the early to late mid game is to use Novice's Suffering (aka fists).

Edited by Boeroer

heya. sorry for so many basic questions. i googled and it seems many replies were back then at 2015. so i'm not sure if not, there's many things changed with WM2 and 3.0. so are there any drawbacks in enchanting? i have saint's war armor and have anvil of 2/14. is the anvil the enchantment limit? should i enchant with Fine immediately when i'm able to? are they cumulative?

mean to say.. upgrading them in order:

Fine - 2 anvil

Exceptional - 4 anvil

Superb - 6 anvil

Exceptional - 8 anvil

are they cumulative? if so it means there's a drawback for enchantment. if so it means, i can't enchant it to exceptional if i were to enchant it from Fine->Exceptional->Superb. All of them will cost 12 anvil.

also holy crap.. i just notice most of my characters they are still naked at level 5 lol (don't have much good gear) and they are still surviving

Edited by Archaven

Exceptional replaces Fine, Superb replaces Exceptional, etc.  They don't stack.  This goes for the enchantment slots as well.  Therefore upgrading from Fine to Exceptional will only cost 2 extra slots.

I try to get everything up to Fine and Exceptional quality ASAP.  The materials for doing so aren't that rare if you know where to look, and the cost isn't an issue by mid-game and later.  Superb and beyond is very limited because the enchanting components for them so are limited.  Therefore you will have to choose carefully.

Note however that you can't replace attribute bonuses with their higher quality versions.  So Might 1 can't be replaced with Might 2; you'll always be stuck with Might 1.

Edited by Flix
  • Like 1

Also put on an elemental lash as soon as possible. That is the best enchantment for damage you can apply yourself and it's available pretty early.

Normal damage mods only buff the weapon's base damage (so the damage a plain weapon would do without any enchantments and without MIG bonus and so on).

Lashes however are calculated based on the damage you actually score in combat - with ALL the damage mods included BEFORE DR gets substracted. So, +25% from a lash can be a higher damage boost than let's say +50% from Sneak Attack. Of course it's best if you have both. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Hey all thanks for all the help. Much appreciated. And back with more basic questions.

White Worm Writhed in the bellies of the Dead:

-Causes nearby downed enemy to explode.. for this invocation to work, there must be dead enemy bodies or the description is not important? 

Come, come soft wind of Death:

-2.6 Endurance per 3.0 secs. Is the 2.6 some sort of multiplier? If not.. this must be the most useless chant for the game?

Elemental Lash:

- If i enchant a Fine Mace which deals no basic fire damage. Does the +25% Burn Damage add +Fire damage to my weapon?

Two Weapon Style:

- So now default dual wielding has no penalty? In older BG title i remember there's penalty to rolls. So +20% to Attack Speed when DW. Is that even good? Might as well i get something else like Aspirant Mark that debuffs enemy and it's per encounter?

Rapid Recovery:

- Should i get Rapid Recovery for Eder or Aspirant Mark/Bonus knockdown is a much better decision?

Aspirant Mark:

- If have 2-3 characters having this abiility. Do they stack?

Thanks!

Edited by Archaven

Rapid Recovery - it's ok. Not necessary though, depends on how you build Eder or any fighter for that matter. If you are making him a tank then not necessary. If he is Off-Tanking only then maybe. I would take something else.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

White Worms needs corpses, yes. If one wants to use it regularly I would turn off exploding body effects in the game options (that effect is stupid anyhow) because it leaves. Corpses don't get consumed by it. So you can use the same corpse multiple times with White Worms. Spirits and some other enemies (oozes and such) don't leave corpses!

This invocation is best when you combine it with pulling enemies to a chokepoint. You can clear whole maps this way, including one-shotting whole bounty groups.

Come Soft Winds of Death is good in the early game. It deals raw damage, which means that enemies DR is ignored. And don't forget that it works in a huge AoE. It' great against numerous but weak enemies (wichts) or numerous enemies with very high DR (beetles and such). Although maybe one can only appreciate it on PotD difficulty because there are simply more enemies per encounter. I like it on an otherwise very tanky chanter because it's a way to contribute to the party's dps without actually doing anything while you build phrases quickly.

Lashes are independent from enchantments like fine, exceptional and so on. Lashes have to overcome 1/4 of the corresponding DR (burning lash has to overcome 1/4 or the enemy's burn DR).

If you enchant any weapon with a burning lash then it deals additional burn damage, yes. It works like this (example mace, exemplary numbers, enemy's DR 0):

You roll an attack with a mace that has a burning lash. You hit. The roll for the crush damage is 20. Additional burn damage gets calculated: 20 * 0.25 = 5.

All in all you will deal 25 damage: 20 crush + 5 burn.

Now against 10 DR (crush DR 1, burn DR also 10):

Crush damage roll again is 20. DR is 7 (10-3 from mace's DR bypass). You'll deal 13 crush damage. 20 * 0.25 is still 5. But 5 has to overcome 10/4 = 2.5 burn DR. Therefore you deal 2.5 = (rounded) 3 burn damage.

All in all you deal 16 damage.

Now the same with a lot of damage modifiers (imagine high MIG, Sneak Attack, fine enchantment or whatever, examplary numbers):

Crush damage roll is 40. 40 - 7 is 33.

Burn is 40 * 0.25 = 10 - 2.5 = (rounded) 8.

All in all you deal 41 damage. 

Dual Wielding will reduce your recvery phase by +50% (so to speak) without any accuracy drawbacks or anything. That means - only by taking two weaoons into your hands you already gain a lot of attack speed without spending any talent points. This only works for attacks with those weapons of course. Other actions won't have reduced recovery. Two Weapon Style reduces the recovery time further by 20%.

Rapid Recovery/Bonus Knockdown are both good. Aspirant's Mark is a bit wasted on Edér because he only has 10 INT and so its radius would be rather small. It's much better on characters with high INT. But it would be good enough nevertheless because Edér has good accuracy. I think I would pick Bonus Knockdown first.   

Aspirant's Mark doesn't stack! 

Edit: Ooops, took too ling to type this so I got stabbed by a ninja. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Aspirant's Mark doesn't stack!

And not only with itself. I had a playthrough, were a wizard would start with it, but ciphers would throw charm, stuck, prone, stun, paralyze.

Only on level 9, I've realized that the mark does nothing for me, and re-speced the wizard.

Edited by MaxQuest

Yes, that's true. It doesn't stack with several debuffs which lower deflection and/or reflex and gets suppressed. However, it's a good AoE debuff 1/encounter that covers a big area and has a long duration. At the beginning to the mid game there's nothing comparable. That's why I recommended it (amongst others) for the early to mid game and then retrain.

Same with Prestidigitator's Missiles. Unless you haven't something like Deathblows or Driving Flight in your later level progression it gets pretty weak after the mid game. In the beginning however it is a very powerful, 1/encounter burst attack. For a ranger with Vicious Aim it's great. the ACC buff of Vicious Aim works with it. And since it has +10 ACC on it's own said ranger will have +20 ACC for that missile attack which leads to crits very often. Even later on with Driving Flight and Penetrating Shot it's worth it. 

Wow then i must say PoE tooltip/description is doing very poorly. It should write in the description to state it's not stacking. Plus i only find out that the burn damage is in the description of the Crush Damage. Previously i thought there is no additional burn damage if i craft elemental lash. Also, it seems i accidentally triggered the Bounty and they basically can wipe me. Definitely no fight at level 5. Gotta avoid it for now. What are the earliest level that the bounty can be done?

Edited by Archaven

Also, it seems i accidentally triggered the Bounty and they basically can wipe me. Definitely no fight at level 5. Gotta avoid it for now. What are the earliest level that the bounty can be done?

You can't imagine how many save-reloads I've done, on my first play-through, when trying to kill Warchief Iklak with a level 4 party... (yeah I've built Warden's Lodge one of the first)

Killed him on lvl 5 through.

I would say go for Iklak and Sly Cyrdel on level 7 because you get hefty items. And than come at level 9 (or 11 if you were busy in WM) and storm all Fyrgen's bounties.

It's also a good idea, to check what items you need apriori. Let's say your MC would make great use of The Rain of Godagh Field. Then you go for Foemyna earier, because getting a superb warbow before level 12 is a good boost.

Edited by MaxQuest

• 2 months later...

Ancient Memory is really confusing to me.

First, it's not clear to me whether it is working or not in my games. The whole thing is passive, and I do not have to do anything to activate it, right? It's not on the list of Phrases or Invocations; and I see no modal icon for it.

Second, I have now read a bunch of old threads about how it is bugged. In particular, some claim it turns off if you use Invocations. Is this still the case? If it is, then is it worth taking it at all - unless you will never use Invocations?