I find it kind of humorous how each run-through has a different wave of magic items. I remember my first run I kept coming across Troll belts, minor ring of protection, and minor cape of protection. And that trader guy tried to sell me three Rimecutters.

Then my next run I couldn't come up with any of those (except maybe where sold) but I couldn't sneeze without coming across those Constitution +3 belts and the ring that add +10% area of effect.

Another game was all about the amulet of health.

My latest run seems to be all about Shimmering capes and Belts of Mortal Protection. Right now I've got four of each in my stash and using one of the belts. This time I never found a ring of minor deflection before I found a ring of deflection.

Joe

• Like 2

I find it kind of humorous how each run-through has a different wave of magic items. I remember my first run I kept coming across Troll belts, minor ring of protection, and minor cape of protection. And that trader guy tried to sell me three Rimecutters.

Then my next run I couldn't come up with any of those (except maybe where sold) but I couldn't sneeze without coming across those Constitution +3 belts and the ring that add +10% area of effect.

Another game was all about the amulet of health.

My latest run seems to be all about Shimmering capes and Belts of Mortal Protection. Right now I've got four of each in my stash and using one of the belts. This time I never found a ring of minor deflection before I found a ring of deflection.

Joe

I swear there is something to this. One play through I ended up with some like 6+ bracers of deflection, another I got a bunch of torcs of perception. I think there is something going on where you are very likely to get the same random loot item in a given play through.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wish there were more reliable ways to increase Mechanics. Have barely put points into anything else for Hiravias, and he still can't deal with all traps. Wish it was possible to guy gear that increased it, or make scrolls. I found 2 of the scroll that increases it (and used one without knowing how rare it was). Have never got gear that increases it. Looks like it's possible to get something on a Stronghold quest, but obviously that requires some luck.

Yeah, I could 'buy' a rogue that put all points into it, but don't want to metagame like that.

Don't forget the bonus from resting at Caed Nua with the appropriate upgrade. With all points in mechanics + that resting bonus my mechanics NPC could open any lock/disarm any trap/detect any hidden whatevers short of a few very specific ones in PotD White March (because I tend to do the first half of WM early).

Edited by scythesong