Cape of the Mystic Master, Invisibility and Frenzy, bug?

I'm posting this here and not in technical support because I don't know if this is a bug. I have a PC barbarian that wears the Cape of the Mystic Master, which besides granting arcane minor arcane reflection and +12 deflection also grants invisibility when hit by a critical hit for 6.0 seconds.

The only problem with this is that when it procs my barbarian can't enter into his frenzy state. I can click on the button and it briefly shows in the little circle that shows your next action but then it immediately disappears from that circle.

Is that intended behavior?

Yes, you can only use attacks and attack-like abilites properly. For example as a wizard you can cast a Fireball from that special invisibility, but you cannot cast Alacrity.

It seems to be a bug.  

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yes, you can only use attacks and attack-like abilites properly. For example as a wizard you can cast a Fireball from that special invisibility, but you cannot cast Alacrity.

It seems to be a bug.  

Thanks for the info.

I was a reading another thread you posted in maybe a year or so ago about novice's suffering and the might bonus only being applied to the base fist damage, not the total with novice's suffering. If that is how it was working back then it isn't working that way now, your might bonus gets applied to base damage +novice's suffering additional damage.

I'm trying out a bare fist brawler barbarian and so far it's working surprisingly well, at least in the early game.

No, the bonus from MIG works with the base damage and also Novice's Suffering's bonus damage - but EVERY other damage modifier doesn't. So things like Savage Attack or Apprentice's Sneak Attack are bad with this. Also crits only do marginal more damage.

At the same time grazes do nearly the same amount of damage as hits and crits.

So this has pros and cons.

For a barb for example it's quite cool because the 34% damage malus for carnage doesn't matter as well as the acc malus.

So, if you have tremendous MIG and want to do consistent damage even with lowish accuracy then Novice's Suffering is good.

I did a monkish wizard with Citzal's Martial Power which worked quite nicely.

I also did a monkish druid (boar) with high MIG and it was also good.

Jojobobo did a barb and was pleased.

Even a priest with Champions Boon should be viable.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods