Beyond Good & Evil 2

Katphood

And just like with No Man's Sky pre-release information, I still have no idea what the hell is it.

An MMO without s subscription fee with a focus on single-player and co-op? Could be something like Destiny or WoW. I wouldn't mind that if they make something similar to The Secret World but with better combat(obviously). Imagine a big world where you can tackle quests alone or with a friend. That's what my inner guts tell me when I watch those videos and they usually don't lie...usually.  :cat: 

It's interesting but I don't know how they are going to achieve something like that without procedural generation and washed up fetch quests. Maybe they can, the writing in The Secret World was pretty good but the combat was awful...that and you didn't have spaceships that could fly from one fully explorable planet to the next.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Yes, especially since 99% of 'gaming' is already SJW satire...

That and memes!
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 2 weeks later...

It will be amazing, as long as people care about the story, gameplay and not the graphics/aesthetics :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 4 months later...

Ships and jet-packs are cool. But you need some honest gameplay to really merit those sorts of features. I just don't think Airships and Jetpacks are interesting if they are primarily a way to navigate the world. Even if it is a multi-planetary open world game.

If I don't get Ratchet & Clank styled arcade space shooter sequences, or sky racing. Then basically all that technology infrastructure will be for naught in my opinion.

I hope they go more R&C with this game, as in bespoke levels and sequences with a partially ordered game progression. Less Star Citizen, No Man's Sky.

Ships and jet-packs are cool. But you need some honest gameplay to really merit those sorts of features. I just don't think Airships and Jetpacks are interesting if they are primarily a way to navigate the world. Even if it is a multi-planetary open world game.

Well, in the original Beyond Good & Evil you would...

...build a spaceship gradually and every time you would upgrade that thing it was satisfying because you would use those upgrades to make progress within the game. The final upgrade would take you out of the planet and even though that certain part was only a short segment of the game, it was still very enjoyable.

With all that said, I think the ships in BG&E2 mostly serve as a base/home for the player.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.