Good day,

I wondering if you guys thought about dual monitor supported? It would be amazing to play on one screen and the other one having your map or inventory.

Anybody know if obsidian thinking to implement this option?

Cheers

Edited by 8bitsouls

Unity isn't great with multi monitor support. The solution is kind of hacky, although it should be easy enough to allow players to position the UI and render the scene on a user specified part of the virtual screen, allowing people to then span the whole thing across monitors. Basically it should be a command line option overriding Unity resolution selection, a ini user specified resolution, a user specified scene render resolution and position, and moveable UI. It's an minority use case, but I wish Obsidian would just dedicate a tiny slice of time to seeing if they could leave in a hidden experimental mode that's not supported or guaranteed to work at all.

Saying that I plan to ditch my multi display setup and go with a 1440p ultrawide or large 4K when I can afford to, after having multi display for 19 years.

Unity isn't great with multi monitor support. The solution is kind of hacky, although it should be easy enough to allow players to position the UI and render the scene on a user specified part of the virtual screen, allowing people to then span the whole thing across monitors. Basically it should be a command line option overriding Unity resolution selection, a ini user specified resolution, a user specified scene render resolution and position, and moveable UI. It's an minority use case, but I wish Obsidian would just dedicate a tiny slice of time to seeing if they could leave in a hidden experimental mode that's not supported or guaranteed to work at all.

Saying that I plan to ditch my multi display setup and go with a 1440p ultrawide or large 4K when I can afford to, after having multi display for 19 years.

It's Good to know that it might have a possibility. I know what you mean, I cannot go back on single monitor. I have two 4K 28inch monitor and Pillars of eternity look amazing in 4K. Hopefully they will improve resolution texture in DeadFire.

You can still play Eternity in 4k on one monitor, and honestly, it doesn't look that much better at 4k than it does at 1080.  It isn't a graphical powerhouse.

I agree, not much difference but a better look at the overall map when zoom out.

• 2 weeks later...

More importantly, how much dps do I get for dual wielding monitors?

I'll get me coat.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man