I am going through the campaign with a 6-man crew (Ezren, Seelah, Harsk, Lini, Amiri,Merisiel). I am up to 6.1 but I am interested in trying a 2 man crew of the left-over characters. What's a good 2 man crew and how does playing 2-man work, does the duo stay together most of the time? I was interested in perhaps Valeros and Lem since they they had at location buffs. Another though was Seoni and alternate Kyra (Sunwrought?) to cover wis/cha with some melee from kyra and divine/arcane casting

With two characters it should have some means to heal, because each characters has a lot of turns so you burn through your deck multible time during one scenario. Either spells or items. Also a wide variety of skills to close down locations can be usefull. Who has wisdom, dexterity and strength, who has intelligence, charisma and constitution.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Valeros and Lem have great synergy when they stick together. Valeros' ability can help Lem with tough combat checks (which he can struggle a bit with on his own) while Lems inspiration ability can help Valeros succeeding at checks for closing locations or acquiring boons.

I prefer a 2-women than a 2-man by far: Seelah + Kyra. Seelah can work either base or Alt. For Kyra I prefer the alt version (Sunwrought).

Seelah can spec whatever you want but for Kyra you ahould go Exorcist. Focus both on STR first, then add CHA for Seelah and WIS for Kyra.

As for playstyle... full Iomedae blessngs on Seelah, Full Sarenrae blessings on Kyra, split them on separate locations and use their blessings to explore multiple times per round and help each other in case of need. Kyra is specially powerful while Exorcist, since she'll essentially recover all used Sarenrae's at the end of every turn unless something makes her suffle her deck.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going through the campaign with a 6-man crew (Ezren, Seelah, Harsk, Lini, Amiri,Merisiel). I am up to 6.1 but I am interested in trying a 2 man crew of the left-over characters. What's a good 2 man crew and how does playing 2-man work, does the duo stay together most of the time? I was interested in perhaps Valeros and Lem since they they had at location buffs. Another though was Seoni and alternate Kyra (Sunwrought?) to cover wis/cha with some melee from kyra and divine/arcane casting

I just completed a playthrough with alternate Kyra and Seoni, and have also finished all AD 6 scenarios on legendary (and am fishing the rest of the heroic and legendary scenarios in reverse order).

I keep them apart almost all of the time.  Between the two of them they can do a good job of covering all checks while being somewhat weak at intelligence checks, but that's ok since intelligence checks are probably the 2nd least important.  Like Hannibal said, you're going to want some healing and my duo runs with a Major Cure on Kyra and the healing ally on Seoni.  That's pretty much enough since Kyra has built in healing powers to take care of herself.