The Crucible Knights won't give me quests

If I had to choose between the Dozens and the Knights, I'd help out the Knights.  Clyster (or whatever his name is) won't give me any further orders after finishing the forge knight schematics mission, and he says he won't do so because I'm an "ally of the Dozens".  To be fair, I did accept a quest from those guys, but I didn't actually go out and start on it.  Hell, I actually killed members of the Dozens, and I would think that carried more say regarding my loyalties.

Am I forever fated to work for the Dozens now, to the complete exclusion of the Knights?  This is really not what I wanted at all, and the opposite of what I would have chosen. 

Edited by jermungand

If I had to choose between the Dozens and the Knights, I'd help out the Knights.  Clyster (or whatever his name is) won't give me any further orders after finishing the forge knight schematics mission, and he says he won't do so because I'm an "ally of the Dozens".  To be fair, I did accept a quest from those guys, but I didn't actually go out and start on it.  Hell, I actually killed members of the Dozens, and I would think that carried more say regarding my loyalties.

Am I forever fated to work for the Dozens now, to the complete exclusion of the Knights?  This is really not what I wanted at all, and the opposite of what I would have chosen. 

If you accepted to do the quest "Bronze beneath the lake" then you're fixed with the Dozens. Finishing it doesn't matter. Sorry, mate.

EDIT: And for the record, the other quests that fix you with a faction are as follows:

"The changing of the guard" for House Doemenel

"Winds of steel" for the Crucible Knights

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

So it seems.

Quite a lot of people got in Your situation fresh upon release.

The 'point of no return' is not visible enough, and I think that Adam Brennecke is the one to blame.

To be fair, I did accept a quest from those guys, but I didn't actually go out and start on it.

That can't be the full story - before that you must have completed another quest for them. Precisely: Osric's family breastplate quest involving Penhelm and Kurren.

To be fair, I did accept a quest from those guys, but I didn't actually go out and start on it.

That can't be the full story - before that you must have completed another quest for them. Precisely: Osric's family breastplate quest involving Penhelm and Kurren.

I did point out in my previous post which quest must be given to the player ("The bronze beneath the lake"). Since there was no denying from the OP I assume he knows that already.