Aloth, you magnificent son of a whore!

So anyway, there I was, having finally got to the end of the game for the first time in ages (chronic restarting and real life getting in the way).  I had really ****ed it up, as while my party had managed to take down the Judge and the Headsman I had my main, Eder, Kana, and Pallegina all out for the count.  Sagani was still up but was dominated, and was currently chasing the only member of my party still up and under my control with a knife: Aloth.  Sagani really wanted to plunge that Drawn in Spring into Aloth, and then there was Thaos.  So Aloth does what any mage would do in this situation: he Benny Hill's it around the temple, trying to buy time to wait out the Dominate on Sagani, stopping only to drop the occasional Minelotta on Thaos.

Finally Sagani regains control, and I immediately command her to Wounding Shot Thaos, only to realise too late that I had forgotten to switch her back to Stormcaller, and Thaos bashes her down again.  In desperation, Aloth fires off one last Minelotta... only to have Thaos drop like Durance drops a used whore!  Game won.  The last thing Thaos sees is an Elven mage teabagging him.

Aloth, you magnificent coxfither!

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

The LLENGRATH encounter.

You know, the second Archmage and her two bog dragons: TURISULFUS and GAFONERCOS

So in my first playthrough there was a fight, and with the archmage down, my party almost wiped, when all hope seemed lost, there was still HIRAVIAS standing vs two worn bog dragons. A little bennyhilling was the least I could do at the moment, the cold feel of death/reload on my back. But Lady Luck (praise Tymora) was on my side that very moment, because running away and throwing firebugs weakened the wyrms enough for my last resort: spiritshift into stealgear. Slice n dice, dragons defeated.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

The LLENGRATH encounter.

You know, the second Archmage and her two bog dragons: TURISULFUS and GAFONERCOS

So in my first playthrough there was a fight, and with the archmage down, my party almost wiped, when all hope seemed lost, there was still HIRAVIAS standing vs two worn bog dragons. A little bennyhilling was the least I could do at the moment, the cold feel of death/reload on my back. But Lady Luck (praise Tymora) was on my side that very moment, because running away and throwing firebugs weakened the wyrms enough for my last resort: spiritshift into stealgear. Slice n dice, dragons defeated.

I hereby declare that Hiravias, too, is bestowed the title, Magnificent Coxfither! 

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

I would ask that you bestow that title unto Sagani if you would.

The darn eyeless encounter at the fortress, which is actually easy if you expect it.... but I had just fought my way through the entire... fort. When I finished speaking to the crazy readceran I thought the quest was over, so I exited. With no spells left, and all the front liners in really, really bad shape. Eder, Meneha, Zahua, and my chanter dropped like sacks of potatoes leaving Sagani and Hiravious who despite having small legs can actually run quite quickly with suitable motivation. Still, he couldn't do much, could only plink away with a crossbow. And he eventually got caught. But Sagani with stormcaller pretty much won the fight single handedly, in spite of eventually losing her pet. It was a looooooooong fight though. I first thought that I really didn't want to do the entire map again, (the last save I could use) but about a third of the way through the fight I realized that it would be quicker to do the last 5 maps again.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I would ask that you bestow that title unto Sagani if you would.

The darn eyeless encounter at the fortress, which is actually easy if you expect it.... but I had just fought my way through the entire... fort. When I finished speaking to the crazy readceran I thought the quest was over, so I exited. With no spells left, and all the front liners in really, really bad shape. Eder, Meneha, Zahua, and my chanter dropped like sacks of potatoes leaving Sagani and Hiravious who despite having small legs can actually run quite quickly with suitable motivation. Still, he couldn't do much, could only plink away with a crossbow. And he eventually got caught. But Sagani with stormcaller pretty much won the fight single handedly, in spite of eventually losing her pet. It was a looooooooong fight though. I first thought that I really didn't want to do the entire map again, (the last save I could use) but about a third of the way through the fight I realized that it would be quicker to do the last 5 maps again.

Hmm, I initially thought the slow plinking death you describe lacked the magnificence required, but then I realised: that is so Sagani.  She is the steady and calm but also relentless sort, her fighting isn't showy but does that mean she cannot be magnificent?  Is it just showiness that makes something magnificent?  So I decided that yes, she does deserve it, for being a Magnificent Coxfither the Sagani way and bestow said title upon her!

• Like 1

Fantastic! Is there a medal to go with the title? Or maybe some sort of financial reward? Money or propert perhaps?

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

Fantastic! Is there a medal to go with the title? Or maybe some sort of financial reward? Money or propert perhaps?

230114_908223010.jpg

• Like 2

Love Tommy Lee Jones! Showing my age a tad, but I remember him from "lonesome dove" a fantastic mini series.

• Like 1

Lord of Light

He is awesome, always liked ol' Tommy.  Must admit though, I don't actually recognise the film he's in there, I just like using it for my "Really?" responses. ;)

• Like 1