Finally have found time to test UPMod with the new Definitive Edition.

DE didn't incorporate any fixes from UPMod, nor changed the affected classes, so UPMod v1.01.306 works fine, but it no longer displays it's version on the Start Screen. Reason being that PoE has migrated to different versioning and has modified the UIVersionNumber class.

You can continue using UPMod v1.01.306, or you can download the new v1.01.370. It's the same thing, but incorporates the fix for version display, so it will become visible and you would know that it is installed, like this:

oIyCWvn.png

Have updated the post with downloads: here

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anybody by chance has a compiled assembly dll for OS X with the UPMod and IEMod incorporated? Since the upgrade to Catalina I've lost the opportunity to do this myself, not being able to run a 32-bit version of Mono.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

One question, isn't it possible to fix the cipher bug with Psychic Backlash and Brutal Backlash? I think everyone knows what I mean by that bug.

Which bug? That it procs unlimited times? That's intended and was done in one of the last patches because players complained that it's so bad if it's only 1/encounter. Obviously they didn't think about any auras that target Will (dragons, Threatening Presence, Redfield's Harbinger and so on) and which you can't turn off.  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Which bug? That it procs unlimited times? That's intended and was done in one of the last patches because players complained that it's so bad if it's only 1/encounter. Obviously they didn't think about any auras that target Will (dragons, Threatening Presence, Redfield's Harbinger and so on) and which you can't turn off.  

Well, that's exactly why I consider it a bug, it may seem funny to see a stunned dragon all the time, but it takes away from the challenge of the game on any difficulty, personally I would leave it as it was before to avoid that, or fix it in another way, if I knew hehe.

• Like 1

Or... wild idea: don't pick it.
tenor.gif

That's easy imo. The bad part is when you are a Barb, picked THreatening Presence and then meet an enemy Cipher... 😄 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

19 hours ago, davoker said:

One question, isn't it possible to fix the cipher bug with Psychic Backlash and Brutal Backlash? I think everyone knows what I mean by that bug.

It's not a bug since Obsidian explicitly made it that way; but I do agree that it's OP after the rework.

Keeping Adra Dragon perma-stunned due to her fear aura that 'ticks' every 3s, makes the encounter too easy. And counters enemies with hostile auras.

In my opinion Backlash needs some sort of cooldown; but I don't know how to implement it in PoE1, nor time to investigate/mod it.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Or... wild idea: don't pick it.
tenor.gif

That's easy imo. The bad part is when you are a Barb, picked THreatening Presence and then meet an enemy Cipher... 😄 

I hadn't thought of that, in a SOLO that has to be death assured no? stunned permanent 🤣

4 hours ago, MaxQuest said:

It's not a bug since Obsidian explicitly made it that way; but I do agree that it's OP after the rework.

Keeping Adra Dragon perma-stunned due to her fear aura that 'ticks' every 3s, makes the encounter too easy. And counters enemies with hostile auras.

In my opinion Backlash needs some sort of cooldown; but I don't know how to implement it in PoE1, nor time to investigate/mod it.

Obsidian also left some bugs that you yourself have fixed in this patch, it is something that I will never understand and it seems to be common in many companies, they are aware of the bugs but do not fix them 😅

• 11 months later...
On 6/26/2017 at 4:49 PM, MaxQuest said:

What do you think if we could fix a few bugs ourselves, test them, and offer Obsidian the solution; or as a backup plan make a mod (compliant with IEMod's Patchwork)?

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously stuff like stuttering or shaking popups is out of our reach, but a few in-code changes probably could be done.

I have in mind the following list:

Bugs:

1. DoT damage is not being registered in party member stats

2. DoTs do not benefit from elemental talents

3. DoTs do not benefit from slaying talents (like Beast Slayer, Ghost Hunter, etc)

4. Charm occasionally ending prematurely

5. Powder Burns is hitting allies standing in FoE (yellow) zone. (screenshot)

6. Charmed enemies quickly regenerate a portion (10-25%) of hp/endurance when switching alliance with pluto tv para pc.

Balance suggestions:

1. Make Deep Wounds stack

2. Duration of "fixed" DoTs (Wounding Shot, Wounding, Enduring Flames) should no longer be affected by INT (since their total damage is not affected by INT neither).

At the moment, I know how to fix the first bug, and partially the second. What do you think of p3, and of the whole idea?

EDIT: UPMod.1.01.306 is ready. Go to this post for download and installation notes.

You must update the last version, I have the last version and dont have problems

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 6:03 PM, Bestezzibbar said:

Hello! As I understand it, the mod is not working at the moment? I followed the installation instructions, but in game the damage from The Dragon Thrashed still does not increase Scion of Flame -(

Maybe this problem is related to the game update?