That's strange.

Before uploading, I have briefly tested it.

Had a cipher with Soul Shock and Amplified Wave already learned. And both powers could be cast on self without problems (examples: one, two, three).

I have compared the size of backup and modded assets, and they are exactly equal. If they wouldn't that at least could point us why the 'effect texture/vfx' cannot be found / is misspointed.

P.S. What's your OS, platform (Steam/GoG) and game version?

P.P.S. Out of curiosity, set the language to english, and relaunch the game -> reload the save.

Edited by MaxQuest

O_o

Btw what's your OS/DistributionPlatform?

Your backup files caused issues as well. I can try post an alternate version in a bit

That would be nice.

Otherwise Dr <3 would have to repair PoE installation (link).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaq8l7yhpm0klla/CipherQuickDirtEdits.rar?dl=0

I didn't bother with the cipherabilityprogressiontable, at least not until we decide the edits work and can be shared this way. :p

Edit: that's same exact modded powers dr <3 asked earlier for, plus my backup files to dump into objectbundle directory.

Moar Edits: Win10/GoG, fyi

Edited by AlexKidd

No idea what could have gone wrong with your stuff, tbh it was easier for me to re-edit than trying to find the issue, but I guess a bad upload?

You think zipping or uploading to Google Drive could corrupt the assets?

I'll check the uploaded versions later, when I'll come home.

I have a feeling that Dr <3 is on GoG as well.

Quick googling for "pillars pink textures" returns quite a lot of results, and most are GoG related.

Edited by MaxQuest

You think zipping or uploading to Google Drive could corrupt the assets?

Ah I'm a bit clueless on the matter, but that sort of stuff tends to happen. I downloaded and extracted my own .zip and works like a charm, at least on my install. I'm not liking these edits at all though :p

Edited by AlexKidd

Sorry for the lateness, was at work.

I have win 10 + steam, not gog.

Thks for your (both of you of course) help anyway, i'll try the alexkidd files too and see what will happen sometime this night i hope.

I'll report after.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaq8l7yhpm0klla/CipherQuickDirtEdits.rar?dl=0

I didn't bother with the cipherabilityprogressiontable, at least not until we decide the edits work and can be shared this way. :p

Edit: that's same exact modded powers dr <3 asked earlier for, plus my backup files to dump into objectbundle directory.

Ok for unknown reasons Alexkidd's modded abilities are working fine and without any kind of visual glich.

Thks again to both for support and the time dedicated

Strange, I have tried Alex's soul_shock.unity3d and get that pink-texture-glitch with both versions (modded and backup).

Also I have downloaded the assets that I have previously uploaded, in order to check if they got corrupted on zip/upload. And nope, they were intact.

Here are the md5/filesize comparisson for soul_shock.unity3d:

My local backup:      1c9f06d28935d8ee7d7075484da868e8 - 184,724 bytes

My local modded:      a89c1129977d0860072df273497dadde - 184,724 bytes

My downloaded backup: 1c9f06d28935d8ee7d7075484da868e8 - 184,724 bytes

My downloaded modded: a89c1129977d0860072df273497dadde - 184,724 bytes

Alex backup:          38b1b4dd09efe3009623a9038bb67756 - 184,724 bytes

Alex modded:          1b07cc95083599ac4a931c5f0a7269da - 184,732 bytes

What I've found interesting is:

- even our original files are different, despite of the same filesize | (and I have PoE v3.06.1254 for CIS region + WM1 + WM2, on Win8.1/Steam, with beta opt-in currently unchecked)

- your modded file has different filesize. Shouldn't it remain of the same size, because just a single int value was changed?

Edited by MaxQuest

- your modded file has different filesize. Shouldn't it remain of the same size, because just a single int value was changed?

I have not done any Unity modding, but I did work on .NET assembly code (automatic modification of compiled code to inject administrative functions).

.NET has optimized integer constants for small values, so for small integers (range 8/4/2) the code may become smaller.

I don't know if it applies here though.

Edited by Lotti Fuehrscheim

Hi, MaxQuest!

Not a technical bug, but i just noticed wrong effect duration description of an Eyestrike Power (Cipher)

IN GAME EFFECTS DESCRIPTION:

Target:

Dazed for 10 sec (base), Blinded for 10 sec (base).

Foe AoE:

Blinded for 10 sec (base). In fact, base duration for AoE targets is ONLY 4 seconds.

Soo... Cipher's Eyestrike much less effective in comparison with other blinding spells, and it seems to be not intended - it's a mistake. Can you do something with this?

P.S. I doublechecked this spell with 10 INT Cipher - 4 seconds everytime (2 on graze, 6 on crit).

Edited by Phenomenum

• 3 weeks later...

Hehe, I wanted to see how good is Dragon Trashed chant 'in the wild' for awhile now (i.e. track it's damage). Aaand it's gonna happen :)

Have build a pw.dll for the IEMod's patchwork. You can download it here:

- v1.00.306. (30/06/2017)

- v1.01.306(09/07/2017)

What it does:

v1.00.306:

1. Fixed inflicted DoT damage not being tracked/registered in "Total Damage Done".

2. Fixed an issue with DoTs not benefiting from Elemental talents (Scion of Flame, Heart of the Storm, Secrets of Rime, Spirit of Decay).

3. Fixed an issue with DoTs not benefiting from Race Slayer talents (Beast Slayer, Primal Bane, Ghost Hunter, Sanctifier, Wilder Hunter).

4. Fighter's ability Take the Hit will no longer protect non party characters (there was a problem where it would affect charmed enemies).

5. Fixed an issue where charm and dominate effects could unexpectedly break if affected character had no target despite enemies being in range.

5.b. Last enemy will no longer break charm and dominate effects immediately. These effects will last at least 5s, and player will be notified with "<Creature> has broken free!" message.

v1.01.306: (update)

6. Consume potions duration reduced from 2.33s to 1s

7. Going invisible (Shadowing Beyond, Withdraw) will no longer end combat if there are enemies in range (12 range, 3s linger).

How to install:

V1. If you have ever used IEMod:

- download the zipped UPMod.pw.dll (linked above)

- drop the dll into /IEMod/mods/ folder

- remove the Assembly-CSharp.dll.pw.modified from PoE <Installation folder>/PillarsOfEternity_Data/Managed/ (it will be regenerated)

- launch the PatchworkLauncher.exe from /IEMod/ folder

- indicate the PoE install folder if prompted

- click on "Active Mods" and add/tick UPMod (example)

- click on "Test Run" and check the log for errors (there should be none)

- click on "Launch with Mods" and voila, you should see this (in the bottom-left corner of main screen):

i7CWTt6.png

note: UPMod does not conflict with IEMod, i.e. if you want you can check both. But only the bottom mod will edit the version string.

V2. If you have not used IEMod.

- download it anyway (link)

- unzip anywhere you want

- follow V1

P.S. I have tested it and it's completely stable for me. If you try it, please report how it goes for you ;)

P.P.S. Project source code: zip

Instructions are a little confusing.  There are two links for downloads at the top of your post.  It looks like the first (v1.00.306) is the actual UP Mod and the second (v1.01.306) is an update for the UP Mod (or possibly an updated version of the UP Mod) since v1.01.306 was posted nine days later.  But the instructions for "if you've ever installed the IE Mod" don't mention the second link at all, so is v1.01.306 not necessary?  Or if I have IE Mod installed, should I follow instructions for "How to install" twice (once for v1.00.306 and a second time for v1.01.306) ?

"Hey, hey, hey — don't be mean. We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are."

Instructions are a little confusing.  There are two links for downloads at the top of your post.  It looks like the first (v1.00.306) is the actual UP Mod and the second (v1.01.306) is an update for the UP Mod (or possibly an updated version of the UP Mod) since v1.01.306 was posted nine days later.  But the instructions for "if you've ever installed the IE Mod" don't mention the second link at all, so is v1.01.306 not necessary?  Or if I have IE Mod installed, should I follow instructions for "How to install" twice (once for v1.00.306 and a second time for v1.01.306)?

v1.00.306 - includes points (bug-fixes) #1-#5, and

v1.01.306 - includes points #1-#7

They are completely standalone (not cumulative), so just select the (only) one you want to use :)

I will think how to make installation guide more intuitive.

This looks awesome. Is there a way to get it up and running on OS X?

Thanks)

Tbh I am not sure. If you can use IEMod, than you should be able to use UPMod as well. But if you can't run the patchwork executable... you are out of luck.

Well, I'm happy to report this was a success. No compiler ninja skills required. Mono runs the patchwork perfectly, the only gotcha is to use --arch=32 flag because the 64 bit version has no decent support for WinForms. The other nuance is to symlink the data folder into the folder where the binary resides (in case of a Steam version).

Smooth sailing from there on. Both IEMod and UPMod load up properly. I haven't tested UPMod in depth yet but it gives no errors, appears on the label and so on.

Good stuff. I love many ease-of-use things like faster speed and so on. I can finally re-spec stats for in-game companions (I hate playing with custom adventurers), although haven't tested it yet. UPMod should be fun too with DoT fixes and improved potion drinking animation.

What's the opinion on "all spells per encounter" option? Cheat or ease-of-use to rest less often for veteran players? I am very tempted.

I did have one problem with IEMod. When the game loads an error message appears stating that one of the files inside the names folder is missing (fantasy names for backer dialogues). Anybody had an issue with that? I've checked they seem to be all there.

EDIT: fixed that, had an incorrect folder symlinked. Now all is good, backer names and custom stats for companions are loading up properly.

Edited by r2d23

Instructions are a little confusing.  There are two links for downloads at the top of your post.  It looks like the first (v1.00.306) is the actual UP Mod and the second (v1.01.306) is an update for the UP Mod (or possibly an updated version of the UP Mod) since v1.01.306 was posted nine days later.  But the instructions for "if you've ever installed the IE Mod" don't mention the second link at all, so is v1.01.306 not necessary?  Or if I have IE Mod installed, should I follow instructions for "How to install" twice (once for v1.00.306 and a second time for v1.01.306)?

v1.00.306 - includes points (bug-fixes) #1-#5, and

v1.01.306 - includes points #1-#7

They are completely standalone (not cumulative), so just select the (only) one you want to use :)

I will think how to make installation guide more intuitive.

Thanks, that clears it up completely!

"Hey, hey, hey — don't be mean. We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are."

Have build a pw.dll for the IEMod's patchwork. You can download it here:

- v1.00.306. (30/06/2017)

- v1.01.306(09/07/2017)

I installed the UPMod and I did get an error message when I did a Test Run.  I'm posting the first few lines of the Log here:

2017-10-28 01:21:17.874 -04:00 [information] Created patcher for assembly: Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2017-10-28 01:21:18.306 -04:00 [information] Implicitly creating type for: <PrivateImplementationDetails>.
2017-10-28 01:21:18.306 -04:00 [Warning] Conflict between types: <PrivateImplementationDetails>, and <PrivateImplementationDetails>.
2017-10-28 01:21:18.307 -04:00 [Warning] The type called <PrivateImplementationDetails> was to be introduced under the name <PrivateImplementationDetails> but will be introduced under the name <PrivateImplementationDetails>_$pw$_0KVxs

I'm fairly sure I followed the installation instructions correctly: 

1. Downloaded UPMod v1.01.306.
2. Extracted the UPMod.pw.dll file and pasted it in the /IEMod/mods/ folder.

3. Removed the Assembly-CSharp.dll.pw.modified from PoE <Installation folder>/PillarsOfEternity_Data/Managed/. **

4. Launched the PatchworkLauncher.exe from /IEMod/ folder.  

(I actually had created a shortcut for the PatchworkLauncher on my desktop so I didn't launch it from the /IEMod/ folder, but I've run the PatchworkLauncher using the shortcut before many times and had no issues).

5. Clicked on "Active Mods" and added the UPMod.

6. Clicked on "Test Run" and checked the log for errors.

** Instead of deleting Assembly-CSharp.dll.pw.modified , I Cut it from the /Managed/ folder and pasted it on my desktop, then renamed it "BackupAssembly-CSharp.dll.pw.modified", just in case I needed to put it back later.

I'm going to hold off on enabling the UPMod until I hear back from you, just to be safe.

Edited by DragoDarkstorm

Well, I'm happy to report this was a success. No compiler ninja skills required.

Splendid  :grin: 

What's the opinion on "all spells per encounter" option? Cheat or ease-of-use to rest less often for veteran players? I am very tempted.

Gonna be OP :)

I did have one problem with IEMod. When the game loads an error message appears stating that one of the files inside the names folder is missing (fantasy names for backer dialogues). Anybody had an issue with that? I've checked they seem to be all there.

Didn't have such an issue. Could it be related to this?

@DragoDarkstorm, I haven't encountered such a warning.

From what I understood after a quick googlefoo, PrivateImplementationDetails could be potentially inserted on compilation, presumably by IE Patchwork.

So my guess is that it tries to patch the already patched Assembly dll. So let's try to do a clean mod install:

- go to PillarsOfEternity_Data/Managed/ folder

- make sure again that there is no Assembly-CSharp.dll.pw.modified file

- overwrite back the original Assembly-CSharp.dll, if you have it

- run the PatchworkLauncher.exe again

- go to active mods, and make sure that there is only UPMod in the list (in order to narrow the problem), and that it is checked.

- Test Run -> check the log

If the problem persists, move settings.pw.xml from IEMod folder, and repeat the steps.

If everything is fine and you also want IEMod, repeat the steps, with UPMod and IEMod both enabled.

Edited by MaxQuest

@DragoDarkstorm, I haven't encountered such a warning.

From what I understood after a quick googlefoo, PrivateImplementationDetails could be potentially inserted on compilation, presumably by IE Patchwork.

So my guess is that it tries to patch the already patched Assembly dll. So let's try to do a clean mod install:

Interesting: I quit the Patchwork Launcher and then relaunched it, selected both IEMod and UPMod and then ran another Test Run.  This time the log came back clean with no issues whatsoever.  I've done another dozen or so launches and so far the issue has never come back.  Odd, considering I haven't changed any game files or done anything differently, but good news in that the UPMod seems to be working just fine for me as well :)

• 3 weeks later...

It is kind of funny how I asked this and modded my game only for the deadfire dlc to come out less than 24h later.  :facepalm:

Anyhow, seems like Alakabon is working on updating IE Mod, so that will hopefully come out soon.

He did a quick test saying most things still seem to work: https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/7dc6ry/ie_mod_and_the_new_dlc/

Hopefully nothing changes in IE Mods API so I can try out your mod as soon as possible. :)

(I understand that it probably works as is, but I'll wait for official support.)

Edited by AnorZaken