Marijuana [Hallucinogens] Agenda Deception

Tiamin

Telling people they can't eat/drink/smoke/f--k/or snort what they please with their own body alone or in the company of consenting adults is nothing but big government nannyisim. The government is not your goddamned mother. And you do NOT want ti to be.

So you want to be able to buy crack, meth, speed, heroin etc. in any store? Anything else is government nannyism?

Liberalism I'd say. If I'm not hurting anyone then society has no right to tell me what to do. A reappraisal is needed and it needs to be free of moralizing. Only truly harmful substances should be banned from the general public. As it stands what is legal and what is not is mostly a product of historical accident. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

All of that is already happening. It would be a better argument if the government was actually succeeding in regulating drugs.

It is, I mean the CIA did smuggle drugs.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"also, Hitler was very anti drugs. Emphasised health a lot."

he was a morphine addict

Just within the last years of his life

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

In a free nation the only thing that would be illegal to possess is stolen property.

That is too simple. What about people, can I posses that? What about land? If buy land, that land was (in all likelihood) at some point in history taken by force; so can I own land? And what is even "mine"? Is "mine" whatever I put work into? So if I make a shoe it's automatically mine? Then why would a boss be able to own what their workers produce; wouldn't that mean capitalism should be outlawed in your country? Furthermore, what about public property? If I irreversibly damage a river through pollution, I made the river unusable. But the river was never mine; so did I steal from the public?

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Telling people they can't eat/drink/smoke/f--k/or snort what they please with their own body alone or in the company of consenting adults is nothing but big government nannyisim. The government is not your goddamned mother. And you do NOT want ti to be.

So you want to be able to buy crack, meth, speed, heroin etc. in any store? Anything else is government nannyism?

vB9B5.gif

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I kind of think the market would not support the super bad drugs, because there would be so many forces against them. I mean, geez, just look at what happened when McDonalds served coffee too hot. What company is going to risk peddling that stuff? Just a hunch, I'm not exactly against regulation, since I trust major corporations as little as I do the government.

I trust corporations more than any government because the fear of liability is an excellent check on their behavior. One the government does not have.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I know a heavy toker who has delusions that it will protect him from cancer and various other illness.  This kind of self deception does annoy me, more so because he's a good mate who I care about and I have to watch his mental and physical health decline year after year.  I don't doubt that cannabis has several potential benefits, but the method of ingestion and quantity involved is a huge factor.

All things in moderation is a good philosophy.  I smoked weed heavily for 15 years before I finally faced up to the damages.  For me there was truly no better accompaniment to an all night gaming binge than a tub of stinky buds.

These days I occasionally use a vaporiser and my tolerance is so low that I can get blasted on what I would have considered a laughable dose, yet I'm still wary of the risks.

As for the OP.  Several good points are raised, but life is full of risks.  There are countless (perfectly legal) methods of destroying your sanity and health.  Considering the extreme penalties for possession in some areas, full decriminalisation is the only sensible and compassionate way to go.

Edited by WDeranged

Man, I wish I could just own a bunch of vials of Ebola without the nanny government butting in too. I should be able to get my delirious high on without trouble or having to care how it affects the rest of society.

Right... because that is totally the same thing.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I kind of think the market would not support the super bad drugs, because there would be so many forces against them. I mean, geez, just look at what happened when McDonalds served coffee too hot. What company is going to risk peddling that stuff? Just a hunch, I'm not exactly against regulation, since I trust major corporations as little as I do the government.

I trust corporations more than any government because the fear of liability is an excellent check on their behavior. One the government does not have.

State is a much better opponent than one person to stick it to a corporation though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Man, I wish I could just own a bunch of vials of Ebola without the nanny government butting in too. I should be able to get my delirious high on without trouble or having to care how it affects the rest of society.

To be clear, that was in response to this:

In a free nation the only thing that would be illegal to possess is stolen property.

Make weed legal all you want. Hasn't caused any problems here as far as I know. But that hyperbolic statement was ridiculous and I responded to it in kind.

Well the voting process is supposed to be a check on government behavior. Of course, when everyone blindly votes for their team and the corporations buy the politicians, it makes a bit of a mess of things.

Speaking of which, I drove to Vegas last week and they have finally finished the road that goes around Hinkley. Some of you may remember Hinkley as the town from the Erin Brockovich movie. Because of PG&E, it pretty much became a ghost town. Traffic still passed right through the middle of it until very recently, when they built a very beautiful highway to bypass it completely. I'm guessing PG&E paid for that new road. They even installed this beautiful stone sign for the freeway exit to Hinkley, in sharp contrast to the decrepit ruin the town is today.

• Like 1

That is too simple. What about people, can I posses that? What about land? If buy land, that land was (in all likelihood) at some point in history taken by force; so can I own land? And what is even "mine"? Is "mine" whatever I put work into? So if I make a shoe it's automatically mine? Then why would a boss be able to own what their workers produce; wouldn't that mean capitalism should be outlawed in your country? Furthermore, what about public property? If I irreversibly damage a river through pollution, I made the river unusable. But the river was never mine; so did I steal from the public?

It's not too simple.

I wasn't drafting a law, I was putting forth an idea. Though one that with a little tweakage to the verbiage would indeed fit in well in the 'Bill of Rights'.

Key words bolded and underlined that make most of what you say irrelevant to the argument. A notable exception would be 'people'. For most folks 'people' are not 'things', but we could clarify that somewhere if necessary for the devious and daft.

Edited by Valsuelm

To be clear, that was in response to this:

Make weed legal all you want. Hasn't caused any problems here as far as I know. But that hyperbolic statement was ridiculous and I responded to it in kind.

Nothing hyperbolic or ridiculous in what I stated at all.

Not sure one can get high on Ebola, but if you think you can get your kicks, enjoy your Ebola high all you want as far as I'm concerned. Might one describe it as intense and short lived? Let us know.

• 2 months later...

Here are a few examples from a popular franchise called Star Trek that was referenced in the Fallout series to further illustrate the agenda:

Be careful if there are new "scientific discoveries" about marijuana's "benefits" or "safety". The medical field could potentially be infiltrated by frauds, considering how much money could be made in this "business".

Yeah. Definitely a pet peeve of mine when marijuana users speak out against other drugs, as if appealing to the lowest common denominator makes the use of their preferred drug more justified, ESPECIALLY when they never have to deal with the type chronic pain or issues people go though to be on prescribed medication. Makes me sick to my stomach to think about.

I also love weed and haven't smoked it for years., but no because I think it will cure anything. I mean, it did help me immeasurably as a young man when I had epilepsy and it would lessen my chances of having seizures and generally just soothe things out enough to become bearable.  Doctors are great at what they know but they don't know everything.

I haven't had a seizure in years, knock on wood. Disclaimer though : I also believe that 99% of 'alternative medicine' is just horse**** that they sell to dying people to give them false hope.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Glad you're doing better. Yeah, people are believers. Want to believe there are easy cures and also love feeling like they know some life secret that would change the world if only given the chance and that the current system is just so wrong. Well, bullcrap. Life is ruthless and short. Even more so for diseased people. Should be free to take whatever you want in order to make things just a little more bearable.

• 1 month later...

It looks like they are pushing hallucinogens in general.

Fallout Wiki: Arroyo Elder

Two years later, she took her mystic test, a key ingredient of which is several pots worth of hallucinogenic plants from Hakunin's garden.​

Notice the bong to the side of the Arroyo elder, the leader of Arroyo, the daughter of the Vault Dweller and the mother of the Chosen One from Fallout 2:

fallout_2_bong.jpg

At some point, Hakunin, the Arroyo shaman, gives you the "powders of healing" that "hog the mind as they cleanse the body."

That would make Caesar's Legion's use of the healing powder in Fallout: New Vegas especially puzzling, considering their dislike of narcotics.

Even the New Vegas version of stimpaks uses the same ingredients, plus a syringe.

California Proposal Seeks to Legalize Magic Mushrooms

According to The Sacramento Bee, Saunders views the legalization of psilocybin, the hallucinogenic compound that puts the magic in magic mushrooms, as "a natural step after voters’ legalization of pot."​

The Fallout franchise might be just one among others pushing the agenda.

• Like 2