Marijuana [Hallucinogens] Agenda Deception

Tiamin

You might have noticed that lately some parties have been heavily pushing for marijuana legalization. That includes various news networks, even the so-called "independent" ones, film and television actors, music videos, sports, video games and so on.

Even the recent Mass Effect: Andromeda includes a "medicinal" marijuana mission:

EDIT: Here are a few examples from a popular franchise called Star Trek that was referenced in the Fallout series to further illustrate the agenda:

---

Read the article titled "Medical Marijuana is a Big Lie":

[L]et’s get one thing straight. Medical marijuana is a big lie. Even the name implies something that is not true.

Hillary Clinton has praised medical marijuana, suggested rescheduling the drug; and the Democratic Party platform calls for the eventual legalization of pot. Even Donald Trump has suggested medical marijuana might be all right, although he favors keeping pot illegal. [. . .] States are voting to either permit medical marijuana to be sold or to take the more extreme step of “legalizing” the recreational use of marijuana.

Unfortunately, everyone is being duped.

The legalization of marijuana for medical dispensation or general recreational use is a public health catastrophe happening in slow motion across our country. While marijuana use and possession remains illegal under federal law regardless of changes in state law, the Obama administration’s decision not to enforce federal law in those states that vote to legalize the drug under state law has effectively gutted the federal prohibition against marijuana use and possession in many parts of the country.

The concept of medical marijuana has allowed those who favor marijuana’s ultimate legalization to cloak the drug in a mantle of legitimacy. This is a trick that was tried by tobacco companies two generations ago. The myth of medical marijuana — that it somehow benefits people who smoke it — actually hides the truth that it is a dangerous, highly addictive drug with no known medical benefits that can seriously damage a smoker’s physical and mental health.

There are several things the pot lobby won’t tell you, but a read of the medical science is clear.

Marijuana is harmful to people in so many different ways it is truly astounding. Like cigarettes, smoked marijuana contains numerous known carcinogens. While lung cancer rates among marijuana smokers are hard to track, cancer and carcinogens go hand-in-hand.

Marijuana has been shown to increase substantially the rate of mental illness in regular users. The incidences of psychotic episodes or schizophrenia is about six times greater among regular marijuana users.

Suicide is another side effect of marijuana use. One recent study, published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal in 2014, showed a seven-fold increase in the likelihood of suicide among regular teenage marijuana users as compared to the general population. Further, it is well established in the medical literature that marijuana use is associated with higher rates of suicide in the general population.

But even setting aside these dramatic existential threats to people's physical and mental health, marijuana has been shown to make people stupider, permanently. The average drop in IQ suffered by regular marijuana users is something like eight points. This is roughly equivalent to the IQ drop caused by being exposed to lead paint chips as a child. And lead paint has been outlawed!

Beyond IQ, simple memory is damaged by regularly smoking pot. The most recent studies show permanent memory loss is the end result of regular pot use.

More generally, have you ever met anyone who is truly better off from using marijuana regularly? Pothead is a word in our modern lexicon for a reason. The lack of motivation engendered by regularly ingesting THC is also well documented and clearly apparent to any person who has seen a close friend or relative go down this path.

The advocates for medical marijuana would prefer to ignore all of these adverse health effects. They would prefer to focus our attention instead on the oil derived from cannabinoids in the pot plant that may treat certain rare forms of epilepsy or the anecdotal evidence of the calming effect of pot smoking on elderly people with cancer.

[. . .]

Then why have 23 legislatures passed some form of medical marijuana law? The short answer in many cases is because they have been duped. A more sinister and equally likely explanation is that they have been bribed. The legislators see the money pushing for the ultimate legalization of marijuana and they decide to get behind it to help their cronies rather than fight the good fight for the public health.

Schizophrenic pot smokers are not very able to defend themselves and explain their story. Instead, people like former congressmen push their buddies in the state legislature to legalize medical marijuana so a company they are affiliated with can be awarded one of the few licenses to dispense pot legally.

Of course, the game is not really about medical marijuana. People following the issue have known for years that the "medical" part of the equation was always a big lie — meant to act as a stepping stone to full legalization and commercialization of pot for any use. The acceptability of marijuana, brought on first by appealing to our common compassion, is a public health disaster. And it's being pushed by a small group of people who want to get rich — very rich — off pot use by others. Meet the new big tobacco, ladies and gentlemen.

Greed is driving the new industry. Big Pot is looking to replace Big Tobacco as the new, new thing for young people. And just as Big Tobacco tried to wrap itself in the aura of the medical industry by hiring doctors to endorse its products, Big Pot is selling its bogus story of the safety and "benefits" of pot by pushing for medical marijuana. Don't be fooled again.

Jonathan Talcott is a Washington, D.C.-based attorney and the chairman of Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM), Inc., a nonprofit dedicated to educating people about the dangers of using marijuana.

The same agenda is being heavily pushed worldwide.

[be careful if there are new "scientific discoveries" about marijuana's "benefits" or "safety". The medical field could potentially be infiltrated by frauds, considering how much money could be made in this "business".]

Notice how the so-called "Weed Day" is on April 20ththe same date as Hitler's birthday.

Consider that people are being massively lied to.

EDIT: It looks like they are pushing hallucinogens in general.

Fallout Wiki: Arroyo Elder

Two years later, she took her mystic test, a key ingredient of which is several pots worth of hallucinogenic plants from Hakunin's garden.​

Notice the bong to the side of the Arroyo elder, the leader of Arroyo, the daughter of the Vault Dweller and the mother of the Chosen One from Fallout 2:

fallout_2_bong.jpg

At some point, Hakunin, the Arroyo shaman, gives you the "powders of healing" that "hog the mind as they cleanse the body."

That would make Caesar's Legion's use of the healing powder in Fallout: New Vegas especially puzzling, considering their dislike of narcotics.

Even the New Vegas version of stimpaks uses the same ingredients, plus a syringe.

California Proposal Seeks to Legalize Magic Mushrooms

According to The Sacramento Bee, Saunders views the legalization of psilocybin, the hallucinogenic compound that puts the magic in magic mushrooms, as "a natural step after voters’ legalization of pot."​

The Fallout franchise might be just one among others pushing the agenda.

Edited by Tiamin
  • Like 3

Notice how the so-called "Weed Day" is on April 20th—the same date as Hitler's birthday.

I thought it was because of 420.

also, Hitler was very anti drugs. Emphasised health a lot.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Well most of the people I know , including myself, smoke weed because it feels goooooooooooooooood   :thumbsup:  So the debate around positive medicinal evidence   is moot 

But I have  watched documentaries  of numerous success stories or improved  health lifestyle outcomes when people use weed. So I reject the suggestion  that weed has no therapeutic qualities  :geek:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You shouldn't smoke it though, it's carcinogenic. It should be vaped or ingested in oil form. That's difficult for the layman though. Now if it were legal cannabis oil could be mass produced. 

Yeah, indeed. The article focuses on the most basic and most readily available form of consuming cannabis, and of course smoking weed has the same issues that smoking regular cancer sticks has. Well, duh. As for its medical properties I always thought it would be prescribed in lieu of other medication for the same purpose that is potentially even more harmful, like morphine for pain.

But good to know that BioWare has another agenda, besides enforcing social justice by making all women look like men.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

This forum certainly is weirder each week

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Three words: Reefer Madness

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I never touch the stuff. I wouldn't even if it was legal. Which it should be. I really don't get why rolling a dried plant in a piece of paper, burning it, and inhaling the smoke is such a god awful crime as to deserve a punishment of years in prison. That makes no sense. Yes it's bad for you. Everyone knows that and if they want to do it anyway then that's their call. Telling people they can't eat/drink/smoke/f--k/or snort what they please with their own body alone or in the company of consenting adults is nothing but big government nannyisim. The government is not your goddamned mother. And you do NOT want ti to be.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I never touch the stuff. I wouldn't even if it was legal. Which it should be. I really don't get why rolling a dried plant in a piece of paper, burning it, and inhaling the smoke is such a god awful crime as to deserve a punishment of years in prison. That makes no sense. Yes it's bad for you. Everyone knows that and if they want to do it anyway then that's their call. Telling people they can't eat/drink/smoke/f--k/or snort what they please with their own body alone or in the company of consenting adults is nothing but big government nannyisim. The government is not your goddamned mother. And you do NOT want ti to be.

The way I see it legalizing drugs would have a host of positive effects. Enforced quality standards, new sources of taxable income and hey, the DEA could stop spending all your money on an unwinnable War on Drugs . The police would no longer have to deal with small time drug runners and the courts would have much less work and could focus on more pressing issues. Even the cartels would profit, assuming that the taxation doesn't exceed the current money spent on palm greasing. *shrug*

Sure its not healthy, but neither are cancer sticks or drinking yourself to death - and people who really want to do drugs get them anyway. People drink perfume and die if they have no other access to alcohol, so really, any point by the "pro-control" faction about the dangers of drugs seems... ridiculous.

The same applies to prostitution. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, what's the harm?

Disclaimer: Obviously even legal drugs have smuggling problems, there is a lot of sub-par alcohol floating around and I've seen people buy cheap cigarettes from shady people just because they're half as much as regular ones, but the dimension of the problem is not nearly the same.

• Like 1

I believe the argument used against is that it's a "gateway drug". I don't know if that's true, but if it is I'd say it's probably because getting the illegal stuff puts you in easy contact with those who deal with illegal drugs.

Well that didn't happen in the Netherlands, at least not from an outside point of view. Do you have many heroin or coke addled junkies in the streets that started out with a hash brown from one of your shops*?

*The question is, of course, half facetious and half rhetorical. ;)

I grew up in a hash culture. Every adult smoked weed, it was not frowned on. As for heavy drugs we were told those were the ones that could ruin lives, and we had all seen enough evidence in the form of real life junkies not to question that assumption. 

Free parenting tip. If you want your kids to not do heavy drugs, drag them out to the ****ty part of town and show them how junkies live. 

• Like 2

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Amphetamines as well actually. The uppers and downers combo. Special brew cooked up by his doctor. We should probably be thankful as they made him paranoid and megalomaniacal questioning his generals and making terrible decisions. Huge boon to the allied war effort.

Imagine Nazi Germany with inspired leadership. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I believe the argument used against is that it's a "gateway drug". I don't know if that's true, but if it is I'd say it's probably because getting the illegal stuff puts you in easy contact with those who deal with illegal drugs.

My argument against it is that potheads won't shut the hell up and keep talking about weed.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Telling people they can't eat/drink/smoke/f--k/or snort what they please with their own body alone or in the company of consenting adults is nothing but big government nannyisim. The government is not your goddamned mother. And you do NOT want ti to be.

So you want to be able to buy crack, meth, speed, heroin etc. in any store? Anything else is government nannyism?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I kind of think the market would not support the super bad drugs, because there would be so many forces against them. I mean, geez, just look at what happened when McDonalds served coffee too hot. What company is going to risk peddling that stuff? Just a hunch, I'm not exactly against regulation, since I trust major corporations as little as I do the government.

• Like 1

Telling people they can't eat/drink/smoke/f--k/or snort what they please with their own body alone or in the company of consenting adults is nothing but big government nannyisim. The government is not your goddamned mother. And you do NOT want ti to be.

So you want to be able to buy crack, meth, speed, heroin etc. in any store? Anything else is government nannyism?

I could make some money establishing clinics,recovery homes and non profit organizations to help addicts. Pharmaceuticals could make more money selling drug treatments and drug dealers will get money when the addicts relapse. The only reason that it isn't allowed is because people will die from it and governments don't like to lose their property.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif