My basic question here is whether a stat spread of 16, 8, 12, 16, 16, 10 is good for a Wizard that can deal damage or use CC as necessary, and will generally stay at range with light armor.

I've been debating about Dexterity vs. Perception.

On the one hand, accuracy is great, especially for getting those status effects to hit- Gaze of the Adragon is worthless if it can't hit, and I'd like to be able to reliably lock down the endgame bosses like the dragons. Plus, my last character had low Perception and I missed a lot of dialogue options because of it, so it might be interesting to see those this time around.

Action Speed is paramount, however, and I worry how much having Dex at only 12 will hurt. 6% doesn't seem like a whole lot, so is 12 really much better than 10? Is 16 or so worth it? Would my two points in Dex be better spent back in Con, or put into Might or Int?

16 Might and Int is a little on the low side, I think, but I figure it's not hard to raise those with items. I know there is a +3 might belt, and a +4 intellect item as well. I like dealing damage, but I also want access to conversation options, and might rarely shows up, and when it does it's usually for a threat I don't want to make.

What are people's thoughts?

Lastly, from an RP perspective, is a Mystic Wizard Pale Elf from The White That Wends a good fit? We seem to know so little about TWTW so it's hard to tell. Do Wizards make sense for such a nomadic society? Is Mystic the best Background for it?

You will have Alacrity - cast that first and don'r care about DEX too much then. It won't shorten the casting animation, but the recovery time will be very short.

It all depends on your party composition though: if you have a priest with Inspiring Liberation and a Paladin with Zealous Focus for example (and you don't care about causing interrupts) you can easily get away with lower PER and put more points into DEX or whatever suits you.

You can meet a large group of pale elf wizards from the White that Wends in the (late) game. They have another name (forgot the exact denomination), but they are wizards. there are also paladins and priests, barbarians and all kinds of classes. And there's another group of them in the White March - don't know exactly if those are from the White that Wends though.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods