Is sci fi too liberal for the average American?

Spectre1

The NYT ran an article about how TV viewers reflect our cultural differences. Urban viewers preferred Modern Family while rural people preferred Duck Dynasty and The Walking Dead. NCIS is also big among conservatives.

A TV genre that is dead is space opera! You probably don't remember Babylon 5 or BSG!

What would the liberals and conservatives think about a show with about a badass All American military spaceship commander with a cool looking military spaceship with all sorts of cool weapons and his badass crew. All of humanity is united under freedom, democracy, and human rights! Cool technology would revolutionize entertainment and sports. There is still religion but they are far less dogmatic, misogynistic, and anti intellectual. There are cool looking aliens! The Human Alliance military acts as the galaxy's police force. In one episode the military commander stops a group of alien terrorists from ramming an asteroid into a human colony.

scott_ryder-mass_effect_andromeda-%28147

Would liberals think it is imperialist propaganda?

Would conservatives think that since Jesus would come back to bring God's Kingdom before such a future can be achieved make them think such a future is ridiculous?

Are the sci fi fans in your life liberal or conservative?

Edited by Spectre1
  • Like 1

I'm a bit surprised he is even allowed to start topics anymore, given that he just spams some random subject matter across dozens of forums and then disappears. He isn't engaging in a conversation or anything.

For example: https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/is-sci-fi-too-liberal-or-too-warlike-for-the-avera-1811623/

This is cross-posting, I believe. I also noticed a very similar topic across multiple forums over a year ago, which means the OP is either recycling content or lazily copying other topics.

Edited by Hurlshot

He isn't engaging in a conversation or anything.

That's a requirement for this forum ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Please stop posting

Fixed.

"To be fair, if I was married to Milla Jovovich, I would also be happy just making movies that show off her butt." - Hurlsnot

"I originally just wanted to ignore this, but I can't sleep, so why not." - majestic

"I murdered my entire family as well as the police and priests investigating me for murdering my entire family in the name of Satan. Good times." - Bartimaeus

"I will undoubtedly cave and buy this since Nintendo has me by the balls with Shin Megami Tensei V." - Keyrock

He isn't engaging in a conversation or anything.

That's a requirement for this forum ?

I would think just spamming topics and never actually interacting in them would be discouraged. It's probably a bit more acceptable if the poster keeps all of his odd conversation starters in one thread.

This is what the guidelines say:

Spam: Posting frequent, annoying, and/or nonsensical posts are not tolerated in these forums. Posting the same message to multiple forums (also known as cross-posting) is also not permitted. The 'Ban Me Game' or any such variations will result in the member being placed into moderated status until such determination can be made whether this form of SPAM will result in the removal of posting privileges

Going back a bit, it looks like this Spectre guy was actually pretty involved in conversations back in November 2015, but since then he has only started topics and then ghosts. Interesting.

More interesting than the topic, at least.