Game unplayable on mobile after Ambassador Download

Pediatron

Question

I bought the basic set on steam a few days ago, then updated with Ambassador code this am. Took a bit, but all the new Obsidian content finally showed up on mobile. Problem is when I go to start a new party, the game freezes and takes me back to the main IPAD homepage. I have no current parties to play (had deleted the one I last played, hoping to start fresh). Of note, the Steam version worked fine to add a new party and play (I tried just a couple turns to test). I can then find the party on mobile after opening it on Steam.

Problem is, I am really a mobile player who bought the Steam version mostly to support the game. I really need the mobile version to work on its own (am traveling in a few days and won't have access to steam)

I am playing on an Ipad air. My PFID is: 48D391306AE41F63

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hmmm... maybe the same game running out of memory as has been mentioned in other threats. New features like stash, unclaimed cards and so on eats a lot of memory that is not normally problem in tabletop PC but can be problem in the mobile devices. You can contact support@obsidian.net with your User ID (username #xxxx), but I supose that you have to wait for the next update that should contain some memory usage optimization according to the developers.

i'm not so sure the memory thing makes sense. I still have a third of the available memory unused on my Ipad (over 12 GB). It reminds me a lot of the problem I used to have when trying to add dice to characters -- when I click on "create new" on the create party screen, it pauses, goes to a quick pic of the front page of the game, then closes the game completely and puts me back on the Ipad homepage. I think last time it was some sort of progression break. 

I suppose the good thing is that I could create parties on Steam, then be able to use them on the Ipad, but this just seems kinda silly and particularly annoying since I really am not a Steam fan and tend to only play when I am away from my PC on vacation. 

iPad Air 2 only has 2 GB system memory. iPad air only has 1 Gb system memory... and that is very Little. The storage usage is not the problem, it is the system memory. Some devices have 512 My or even less and those devices have really bad problems at this moment. They were in trouble even before the newest upgrades.

When normal PC has 4-32Gb system memory and Also can use hard disc as a extra memory it is no strange that PC version does not have samekind of problems.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV