Can't Save My Game

Arndush

Question

8 answers to this question

Cloud or local storage?

Which operating system and version?

Does the F5 Quicksave feature work? If it doesn't work either, you're probably facing some permission issues the game doesn't handle.

I'm on Steam, but it still is downloaded so should be local. 

Windows 7 64 bit  6.1 build 7601

I don't know, I'll try the F5 option. Thanks!

Cloud or local storage?

Which operating system and version?

Does the F5 Quicksave feature work? If it doesn't work either, you're probably facing some permission issues the game doesn't handle.

New wrinkle, I can't get past the first cut-scene. After I get back to camp and we flee into the runs, the loading screen comes up, but never progresses to the next quest. 

Windows 7 64 bit  6.1 build 7601

New wrinkle, I can't get past the first cut-scene. After I get back to camp and we flee into the runs, the loading screen comes up, but never progresses to the next quest. 

As far as I've experienced it myself, the game works fine on Win 7 64-bit.

Anyway, have you used the Steam app to verify the installation yet? Games library > Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify ...

Also, please be a little more explicit when describing your problems. What do you mean with "but never progresses to the next quest"? What exactly happens when the loading screen is shown? Does it stop loading? How long did you wait? Does the program terminate abnormally? Does it freeze?

Yes, I have verified the files through Steam. Nothing was found to be amiss. 

After you enter the cave, the loading screen comes up. I waited for several minutes, not sure on how long exactly, but it stayed stuck on the loading screen. The game appeared to freeze. The program did not terminate. I had to  bring up the task manager to close the program out. 

I have this identical issue, right down to being unable to progress to the cave area. 

To trouble shoot I first determined that the game is UNABLE to create the standard default save directory username/saved games/pillars of eterinity. It simply does not exist. This could be a write issue as suggested so I manually created the directory path and enabled writing. However, it still does not work.

Additionally, in the game itself under save option it states : 'tPlaythrough game'

The small t before playthrough is not a typo. I think the game is attempting to exception handle in whatever language it was written. I do wonder if it's possible to change the default directory. 

I have a windows 10 machine, new system etc. I performed a manual instal via GOG (the initial poster installed via steam).

This is a game-breaking bug so I hope someone can help.