Expansion Hopes: Sequential, not Parallel (for the Most Part)

Well, I for one didn't enjoy Endless Paths that much. The idea was cool, the story of the place was cool but gameplay wise it felt like a filler. I expected it to pose unique challenges, maybe pushing specific game mechanics to their limit (scripted interactions, combat, stealth/traps, dialogue etc.) what we got was a lengthy dungeon which seemed to do completely run out of steam (the final levels are so small I imagine they just run out of ideas or time) filled with trash mob from the surface. It is something which to me was a fulfilment of kickstarter promise, but otherwise should have been scrapped (with entire caed nua) and resources relocated elsewhere.

I am looking forward to Fulvano's Voyage though and I hope for a more involving experience.

(the final levels are so small I imagine they just run out of ideas or time)

Ditto.

Endless Paths did nothing to get me more interested while descending. I'm somewhat a completionist, so I clear that dungeon anyway, but the whole thing is a place that got its lore and story made up quick and very late in the development.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Endless Paths did nothing to get me more interested while descending. I'm somewhat a completionist, so I clear that dungeon anyway, but the whole thing is a place that got its lore and story made up quick and very late in the development.

That's my feeling as well. Had they made the whole thing five or six floors deep I suspect it would have been a better dungeon overall. I think the route they took with Fulvano's Journey will result in better (less filler) content.

Endless Paths was good. Some floors were more interesting than others. On the other hand, you had Redric's Hold, a masterpiece in dungeon design, so after you've completed that one everything else felt kinda less impressive that it would have been if RH was not there, imo.

White March dungeons were all great though.

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

I think going with the Fulvano's Voyage idea was and is better because then they can devote an entire island as one 'level' and not a small dungeon for each level, and they seem to have devoted one large island to at least four parts of it.

The only "problem" with Fulvano's Voyage is that it's not as aw inspiring as the Endless Paths was. I mean it's kinda lame when you look at it, going back and forth, "discovering" inns and tavers in main islands and all that. It's like Obsidian is trolling us lol. Of course at the end they might all be great locations/dungeons, better that the Endless Paths. I hope so!