Workaround for losing characters with a Nickname

StormbringerGT

Question

Hello!

We have found an issue where if you give a character a nickname and then remove them from your party right after they could be flagged for deletion and then deleted next time the game saved.

The fix for this is going out in the next patch however there is a workaround you can do:

For the time being do not give out nicknames AFTER you have created a character. During character creation you can change their name. For now avoid giving existing characters nicknames.

We apologize for any issues this has caused. If you have been affected by this please reach out to support@Obsidian.net!

• Like 1

22 answers to this question

I have noticed ~3 of my characters were deleted when I changed to playing a different party. Fortuitously they are still in my main party so I think I can swap back and play them without issue. Still worrisome to know that if I remove them from the party then they are gone for good. I noticed that this post is from ~1 1/2 months ago. Did the fix for this ship with the goblin patch or is it coming at a later date?

Hello, I just recently purchased Pathfinder and it looks like my character was deleted today. I have her a nickname and I think I took her out of the Party. (Seelah) She had all quests completed until Jorgenfist. Any help with retrieving her would be appreciated. I sent an e-mail to support.

I'm hoping this will be resolved soon, as I was having a great time playing Pathfinder and having one of my characters deleted has put a damper on my experience with Asmodee, Obsidian and Pathfinder in general.

Thank you. Please PM me for additional info. (If needed).

It appears I'm a victim of this issue as well.  I completed adventure 3-5 and assigned all of my skill points and what not.  I then went through and got rid of some older characters and moving around cards for my decks before logging out for the evening.

Today I open the game and my skill points are gone for 4 of my 6 characters.  All of my Seoni characters are now completely gone.  My quest completion list is now saying that 4 of my charcters havent completed all 5 of the quests for Adventure 3.  Yet, the map is clearly showing that all 5 quests have been completed...

I have emailed Obsidian asking for help.

The nickname bug was solved in the last update (or at least that is the information). So most likely some other bug is behind that what happened to you. Normally disappeared characters Are because of corrupted save file. But support can check it out in anyway.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I lost 3 characters to this bug on Android (even with the latest update).  A week ago, I removed 3 renamed characters from my party in order to complete a daily challenge to complete Local Heroes using just Lem.  When I went to add them back after completing the scenario, they were completely gone.  Kyra, Merisiel, and Ezren were all mid-adventure 3; there was no confirmation prompt or anything.  I emailed support shortly after it happened, but never received a response.  I have the log file from that day showing the characters pre-loss (with decks & feat counts) that I can send to support if that would help get things restored.

We have fixed the nickname bug awhile ago, but not this new deletion bug people are experiencing.

We're trying to reproduce this bug, but we have not reliably found a way to do so.. If you have logs or anything that could help, please send it our way :D

Sent log via PM to MrBishop (since not sure if it has any account specific keys in it).  Sequence of events:

- Previously, had given all 4 characters nicknames with the device ID (N7 = Nexus 7)

- Loaded game with 4 characters (party I'd been playing with up through mid adventure 3)

- Managed party & removed 3 characters from the party (all but Lem); no prompts

- Played Local Heroes with just Lem (to complete a daily challenge)

- Attempted to add characters back to party, but had no existing characters to add

- Quit & tried a couple of times, but they were gone

Thanks.

We have fixed the nickname bug awhile ago, but not this new deletion bug people are experiencing.

We're trying to reproduce this bug, but we have not reliably found a way to do so.. If you have logs or anything that could help, please send it our way :D

How do you find the log on a Mac OS version? I've experienced both the duplicated bug and the deletion bug on the same character. It's the only character I've ever nicknamed so AFAIK the occurrence rate is 100%

How do you find the log on a Mac OS version? 

They should be found in:

/Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Library/Application Support/unity.Obsidian Entertainment.Pathfinder Adventures/PACG1_SAVE_GAMES/logs

The user Library is usually hidden from users.  If that is the case, go to the Finder, then from the menu bar select Go, then Go to Folder...

Paste in the following to find the Pathfinder log directory:

~/Library/Application Support/unity.Obsidian Entertainment.Pathfinder Adventures/PACG1_SAVE_GAMES/logs

• Like 1