Favorite lightsaber

What is your favorite lightsaber choice  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite lightsaber choice

• Single with Jedi color (blue, green, yellow, purple)
    • Single with Sith color (red)
    • Dual with Jedi colors
    • Dual with Sith color
    • Staff Saber (Double ended) Jedi colors
    • Staff Sith color

Also do you think its ok for Jedi to use a red saber since it identifies them to others as Sith? Or do you believe it is ok for Sith to use a blue or green since it identifies them as Jedi? Also do you believe that Staff Saber users tend to lean closer to the dark side? :D

For my Sith Guardian: Dual-wielded lightsabers, the main one glowing orangish-red with the Heart of the Guardian, the shorter one glowing tealish-blue with the Mantle of the Force. Combine with Revan's robe and the guy with the goatee and little scar beneath his eye.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I use a single lightsaber. Dual lightsabers seem to cheapen the whole experience(I though just making one was supposed to be really hard). Makes it seem like you're overcomphensating for something instead of the saber being an extension of your skill. My sith-wizard-type character just uses it to block blaster fire...

I don't like the staff at all, and I think it's become way too common since maul. I mean the only notable dual staff user before him is kun, who used it thousands of years ago and after maul all of a sudden everyone and their mother has one in the closet.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I use a single lightsaber. Dual lightsabers seem to cheapen the whole experience(I though just making one was supposed to be really hard). Makes it seem like you're overcomphensating for something instead of the saber being an extension of your skill. My sith-wizard-type character just uses it to block blaster fire...

I don't like the staff at all, and I think it's become way too common since maul. I mean the only notable dual staff user before him is kun, who used it thousands of years ago and after maul all of a sudden everyone and their mother has one in the closet.

Ditto. In Star Wars lore, only THE MOST powerful force users are able to use a staff, because not only is it next to weightless, but it has two ends to worry about hitting yourself with rather than just one. I mean, if a normal person picked up a regular lightsaber, they'd be more likely to kill themselves than do any damage to anyone else, think of how the control factor would multiply with a staff. :ph34r:

I'll take a single, violet lightsaber, please.  Dual wielding is just so stylistically bankrupt.

Indeed. In real life duel, it just wouldn't work...

in real life duel... well, lets just say there are no lightsabers

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

I start with a single green lightsaber. Once I go darkside I switch to red (single) until HotG is available. I never dual wield. A single saber looks so much better.

yeah- the heart of the guardian and the mantle of force have been left out of the poll. now those two have been some very cool colors. i hope they have similar crystals in kotor2

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Do you think an extra feat should be required to wield a saber staff then? I mean, I know there's .. er cant remember feat name... duel weapons or whatever, maybe there should be another set of 3 feats for duel/staff lgihtsabers, because they are different weapons in their own right requiring a different amount of skill. As soon as I got my first short lightsaber (on Tatooine) and loaded it up with crystals the PC turns into a killing machine. Same goes for staff. (I already had master duel wield at this point).

Personally I would have liked to see a pretty high minimum dex requirement for dual wielding or using a double bladed lightsaber. As it is, it doesnt make sense for the majority of jedi and sith to only use a single saber when the other two styles are so clearly superior and easy to master.

I prefer the single green lightsaber myself from a stylistic point of view.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers

Staff. 2 ends, 2 sides to deal damage, guy breaks the middle of ur saber, alright now u still got two sabers, guy blows one up with his saber or the force, still got one left. Double Damage, Double Defence. In kotor staffs do more damage than others, and I don't think it cheapens the experience at all. I don't like the idea of having to have a set of feats before being able to use dual bladed weaponry. Would make things anoying for staff weilders.

Oh yeah. My character used normal blade in main hand (can't remember name, you could buy it from Yavin station) and violet lighsaber in off-hand. Lightsaber turned to orange-red in the end becouse of Heart of Guardian.

Staff. 2 ends, 2 sides to deal damage, guy breaks the middle of ur saber, alright now u still got two sabers, guy blows one up with his saber or the force, still got one left. Double Damage, Double Defence. In kotor staffs do more damage than others, and I don't think it cheapens the experience at all. I don't like the idea of having to have a set of feats before being able to use dual bladed weaponry. Would make things anoying for staff weilders.

Excactly. It is wildly superior to just having a single lightsaber. Why anyone but the lowliest apprentices, let alone Malak, use a single saber, is a mystery.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers

Hey, did you ever duel wield:

MotF, Sapith, Solari - Attack +7, Damage +5-12, +1-12 physical vs Dark Jedi

HotG, Upari, Krayt dragon Pearl - Attack +7, Damage +3-20.

BTW, those figures are right. So don't question them ;)

Was quite insane, I only worked this out my second time through :unsure: Malak was mince in a flurry (hoho - pun).

Of some reason i always end up with double-bladed lightsaber with the Heart of the Guardian crystal + Upari and the Krayt Dragon crystal. Add master speed and master flurry and you're killing machine.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You guys think dual wielding isn't stylish? well look at the poll to see what the other people think..

And I'm one of them I think dual wielding looks pretty cool. And in real life it is possible to fight with 2 blades at once, not regular blades, but special blades. There once was a show in my town of people demonstrating Samurai. It looked really cool and they also fought with 2 blades at once sometime.

Some people are better with a single saber since it's more flexible, kotor doesn't realy show this well. U can't do as much with a staff as u can with a single saber. It's quicker for one. U can spin it around and such, more easily deflect blaster fire. With Dual sabers u have double the offence but less controle and therefor less defence. The staff is extremely powerful, but lacks the manuverability of a single saber and limits controle, not as much so as the dual sabers though. I can see reasons why people would choose not to use the saber staff. But I can see why people would choose it also. Everything has it's advantages and disadvantages.