Unclaimed tab interfering with pure experience

The devs had said multiple times that if you want to ignore all of the features that aren't part of the original board game you can. But the "unclaimed" tab messes that up.

When you run out of cards of a particular type, if there's anything in your "unclaimed" tab it blocks you from moving on and claiming basics from the box. What's worse is that there's no consideration of the adventure deck, so you can claim things from adventure deck 6 even at the beginning of the adventure. I don't want things I haven't acquired, and especially not overpowered things from far later in the game.

Now admittedly if I had turned treasure cards off in story mode entirely then this wouldn't have happened, so the pure experience is still technically there. But with no quest mode, I want to actually use my treasure chest cards somewhere. I just don't want to be forced to put ad6 cards that I haven't even acquired into my deck.

Anyway my requested fix is that the cards in the "unclaimed" tab don't block you from getting basics from the box. Claim them if you want, but also be able to ignore them. What would be better is if you also couldn't take cards from an adventure deck you're not up to. But if you make the first fix I can enforce that on my own.

• Like 1

So much this. Whole Unclaimed cards idea feels against the games original idea anyway, let alone with the fact that unclaimed cards ignore adventure deck numbers :/

I'd be okay if we were able to ignore the tab, while the optimal would be to block cards of too high adventure deck level and maybe even go back to system where we didn't get usable copy of card when opening chests

I think the solution is simple: sell your unclaimed cards, preferably before you enter a scenario.  This will bring back your "pure" experience.  You will still encounter the treasure cards, you just can't conveniently pick them out to equip them.  And that is a pure experience because normally you only get to keep cards you encounter in a scenario.

• Like 6

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

I think the solution is simple: sell your unclaimed cards, preferably before you enter a scenario.  This will bring back your "pure" experience.  You will still encounter the treasure cards, you just can't conveniently pick them out to equip them.  And that is a pure experience because normally you only get to keep cards you encounter in a scenario.

This does work, and it's a good workaround.

I guess the part of my complaint that still stands is the surprise factor. I didn't expect that I would need to do this because I didn't expect you to be forced to claim cards in the first place, by the time I found out it was too late. I'm sure I won't be the last person surprised by this either.

Not really directly related, but i saw a few people posting how unfair and hard the game is, and how they feel it's the type of game you are supposed to spend resources (real and fake money) to use the charms just to beat an adventure and overcome RNG and how not fun that the game was designed that way, and instead, should be balanced without the need for these things.  People did chime in to explain how you don't need to use it, but it was funny. 

The Stash just adds to that while making people who just want the pure experience have to jump through hoops (again) to deal with it.   

I personally think these "features" not only are misguided, they actually really undermine the user's intellect and ability to deal with a challenge.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the addition of the Stash and Unclaimed tabs upsets the balance of the game.  Like others, I want the pure experience with the chest cards possibly appearing in location decks; I don't want to bypass that mechanic via those two, new tabs, regardless of the card's AD number.  But it truly is worse when the player's allowed to add, for example, an AD6 card to a character's deck who's about to start the first scenario in the B/C deck.

Why aren't the decks of party members checked after a player selects an adventure before starting the game?  Flag the decks that violate the rules regarding cards allowed in character decks between scenarios and allow the player to modify them.  State something along the lines of, "Your character decks contain cards that are intended to be used in later scenarios.  Using these cards will make this scenario easier than intended," with two choices: "Continue" and "Modify Decks".  Choosing Modify Decks opens the typical deck management screen and flags the offending cards.

I want the game to confirm my deck is valid or let me know it's more powerful than intended.  Perhaps I want the pure experience and mistakenly added a "disallowed" card without realizing it.  The game should alert me to this oversight, since it allows all cards to be added to a character's deck from the Stash and Unclaimed tabs.

Edited by Mysterio
  • Like 1

Please, devs, the charms were bad enough, but this just really makes the game a pure pay to win experience.

I happily purchased the game on both iOS and Steam but am seriously considering refunding my recent Steam purchase if this is any indication of the game's current cheesy state.

To avoid having to acquire items out of the unclaimed tab, go to the modify decks workflow before starting an adventure and then sell all of the unclaimed cards to the merchant. This should be a one time action, unless you somehow gain more unclaimed cards through purchasing a treasure Chet's

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

To avoid having to acquire items out of the unclaimed tab, go to the modify decks workflow before starting an adventure and then sell all of the unclaimed cards to the merchant. This should be a one time action, unless you somehow gain more unclaimed cards through purchasing a treasure Chet's

I agree and decided to do just that so I don't accidentally add an "overpowered" card to a character's deck (which I've already done once).  I prefer to find (or receive as scenario/adventure rewards) cards to add to my characters' decks via the Location decks.

Edited by Mysterio

Personally, with the current implementation of the stash (even without considering tertiary elements such as runes/charms, or treasure chest boons that surpass RotR ones), I feel the 'pure' experience is dead, more or less. Or rather, jumping through the hoops in order to play the game in a way that emulates the board game's balance is sufficiently headache-inducing that I would strongly recommend just playing it physically. If you own a physical copy of RotR or Wrath of the Righteous, I wouldn't have any ethical qualms with suggesting the use of Tabletop Simulator to play these card games, either. It's honestly gotten to the point where it's just better (easier, more manageable and cheaper - if you already own the appropriate board game and expansions for home play) to play via that rather than Pathfinder Adventures on Steam.

This is why I dislike DLC driven games, by the way - the designers are incentivized to gift you the item because you paid money for it, but it wrecks natural progression through a game.  And the more a game leans towards DLC/F2P style items the worse it gets.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

Ok and apparently you can take cards from your stash from your party that just completed the whole game, and give them to your new characters that are starting out for the next run. In a totally new and separate party. Why on earth do you let people do that? That's ridiculous.

And it looks like I'll be stuck with all of it until after the first mission, so again I can get stuck with these cards even if I don't want them. Edit - ok fine I could get rid of them after sorting out the deck...

Edited by Irgy

I am a bit confused. I understand the complaints about wanting the pure experience. And I like the idea of more accurately recreating the original game experience.

But if you just sell the cards in your stash and unclaimed tabs every time you complete a scenario doesn't that solve the problem?

Edited by NumberSix

I am a bit confused. I understand the complaints about wanting the pure experience. And I like the idea of more accurately recreating the original game experience.

But if you just sell the cards in your stash and unclaimed tabs every time you complete a scenario doesn't that solve the problem?

Well my revised complaint was that it's not at all clear you need to sell things from unclaimed in the first place, since there's no reason to expect to be forced to use those cards in place of basics from the box. Thus a large proportion of people will get cards shoved down their throat at least once before they realise what they need to do about it.

I also find the whole idea that you can get cards from AD6 in your AD1 party distasteful. I'm fairly militantly anti-scrubbishness in general, and even though I believe this to be a different sort of thing I still feel uncomfortable deliberately refusing to take advantage of the cheesy strategy available to me. Also, at least people buying chests to "cheat" is funding the game, but repeatedly farming AD6 cards with a strong party and giving them to a new party via the apparently global stash just feels like a needless exploit.