Vermilion Rhomboid no recharge

Janzu

Question

Treasure card Vermilion Rhomboid doesn't allow recharge at Reset Hand phase

Reveal this card to add 1d10 to your non-combat Acrobatics check. You may play another item on this check.

You may recharge this card when you reset your hand.

By this wording you should be able to recharge the card from your hand when resetting hand. I haven't tested what happens if the card is in discard instead of hand, but my guess is that it still doesn't recharge (and if it does, the wording is still incorrect)

3 answers to this question

Reveal this card to add 1d10 to your non-combat Acrobatics check. You may play another item on this check.

By this wording you should be able to recharge the card from your hand when resetting hand. I haven't tested what happens if the card is in discard instead of hand, but my guess is that it still doesn't recharge (and if it does, the wording is still incorrect)

Couple of notes.

1. As Hannibal point out, for the interests of speeding up gameplay, the game will auto-reset your hand for you unless you press the trash/discard icon to end your turn. By pressing that, you can manually reset, discarding (or recharging, where applicable) selected cards before redrawing.

2. You CANNOT recharge it from your discard pile, and the wording is identical to in the board game. Card text (unless it, for some reason, explicitly states otherwise) ONLY works from your own hand, as part of the core rules. If a card says "Recharge this to add 1d4 to your check", you can't recharge it from your discard pile, nor from your buried cards, nor from the deck itself. Because its not in your hand, so its text is not relevant, as it cannot be played or activated for any means.

Whether the wording is misleading or not (I don't think it is; that's like saying you can 'reveal' a weapon from your discard pile to use it in combat) is irrelevant, since it's consistent with the board game and the rules thereof.

Edited by Yewstance

Did you use trash can icon to go to recharge mode?

Ok, this worked quite as expected - Not sure it's good design though, given the "arrow button" is named "Reset hand" and trash (that comes after) is Optional Discards. Basically they're wrong way around - you discard first and then reset hand. Even then, I think manually clicking "Reset hand" should allow us to trigger effects that occur... Well, while "Reseting hand" instead of having to realize that discard happens before Reset (which buttons are still arranged in different way - Reset first).

2. You CANNOT recharge it from your discard pile, and the wording is identical to in the board game. Card text (unless it, for some reason, explicitly states otherwise) ONLY works from your own hand, as part of the core rules. If a card says "Recharge this to add 1d4 to your check", you can't recharge it from your discard pile, nor from your buried cards, nor from the deck itself. Because its not in your hand, so its text is not relevant, as it cannot be played or activated for any means.

Whether the wording is misleading or not (I don't think it is; that's like saying you can 'reveal' a weapon from your discard pile to use it in combat) is irrelevant, since it's consistent with the board game and the rules thereof.

I realize that the recharge from discard wouldn't be working as written. I was just confused if that was SUPPOSED to work that way since in my testing the card simply didn't do what wording said. If it was supposed to work to "recharge from discard" the wording would've surely been false, that's what my addition was about. Since the card doesn't exist in physical version (that I also have played and know the rules and wordings), I had no way to clarify whether it was the function or wording that's false. Apparently it was function but in the end it's more like UI problem than bug in card.

In any case, the buttons should be rearranged to meet correct turnorder and manually triggering any phase from turntrack should disable the "fastforward". If I click "Reset hand"-phase the game shouldn't think that "No, there's no reason you'd want to go there. Let's throw you to next turn instead". I understand the whole "making the game faster" deal but manually entering phases should override the automatic transition - even when there's nothing to do on that phase.