Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No more salvage?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Snarfblat

Snarfblat

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

For the public record: MrBishop got back to me very promptly, I'm entirely satisfied with the situation, and all is well with the world. Well... not everything, there are still wars and famines are stuff. But all is well with the world re: my personal Pathfinder Adventures situation. So I hope my previous posts don't give anyone an overly negative view of the team! They really were great about the whole thing.

stbassy

stbassy

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts
I tried to exit/login a couple times. But I don't see my gold changing/increasing.
If cards are being salvaged underneath the hood, then I'm not being compensated.

That said... I can't tell if there's any auto-salvaging occurring either.
(Imo, there should be a pop up message.. but oh well)...

If the caps are changing... then I don't know if I should be playing now. What if you upped the caps, but the auto-salvage nuked my cards now? (Worse yet if those are cards I paid real cash for).

Sogarth

Sogarth

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

If the caps are changing... then I don't know if I should be playing now. What if you upped the caps, but the auto-salvage nuked my cards now? (Worse yet if those are cards I paid real cash for).

Agreed. I'd really rather have extras of the really rare cards than the pittance of gold we'll be getting. If they've already been salvaged but th caps get raised, what happens? I don't honestly know how many of the various cards I had before.

SystemShaper

SystemShaper

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

I've been having extra copies of legendary blessings disappear from my decks. For example I had two unity of Iomedae and two Prayer of Gorum on Seelah, and on two different occasions went to start a scenario only to find that one of the 2nd copies had disappeared. I got both copies of each blessing from the "repair deck" screen, so easy come easy go, but I feel it's worth noting in case it is indeed related to the new legendary cap it would be good to know if their disappearance was a bug or just a niche case of how the repair cards work.

w19913s

w19913s

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Steam:w19913s

You can still Salvage cards - You can do this by going to campaign mode via edit decks

Can someone clarify this?  Because when i am in and "resupplying cards" after a scenario, all i see i can do is move extra cards down to the lower bar.  On that bar of "extra resupply cards" is listed 63/10 at the moment?  Should it only be 10 in there?  If so, how can i get rid of all those crazy list of cards that i would have to scroll through if i want to use one?  What is the point of this tab.  Please explain.

GrimTalles

GrimTalles

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

I'm kind of sad, and a confused about the decision to automatic salvaging of my treasure card poll.

For the confusing part: 

With the purchase of pathfinder on steam and the free DLC you get one of every card be them Common, Uncommon, Rare or Legendary, making the treasure chest function more or less obsolete and non functional, you don't get to keep any of your extra treasure card anyway so why spend gold on it.

And now to the sad part:

I have spent real life Cash on most of my treasure cards, and to see my REAL LIFE CASH just STOLEN from me, and I mean stolen. is kind of a slap to the face. Shure it is random witch card i get from the treasure chest is, but i still PAID for them and to just lose them like that -_-'', that's just not right, I feel like I'm been cheated out of my cash.

one tings for shure, I'm not starting the game up before I am shure i don't lose any more of my card's.

Archangelrey

Archangelrey

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 166 posts

Wait what is going on? I have generally 3 copies of every armor, allies, and weapon and 6 copies of every spells, blessings, and items. Most of the legendary I have at least 3. So I going to lose my collection without visible notice? And what are the values of cards being removed?

Update: Nothing been remove yet, but I would like some information of what and when this will occur?

Edited by Archangelrey, 22 June 2017 - 02:29 PM.

Dunesparrow

Dunesparrow

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:Narthal
  • Xbox Gamertag:Psikick
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I have been checking my collection multiple times a day and have not seen any of my Card counts decrease. Also cards have been appearing in the unclaimed tab and I have salvaged them. When I look at my collection I still have the same amount of that Card.

For example:
In my collection I have six copies of Improved Arcane Armour. Last night after I had finished a scenario I salvaged 2 copies of Improved Arcane Armour for some gold. When I checked my collection this morning, I still had six copies of Improved Arcane Armour.

As such it is my expectation that the Card Caps, Auto-Salvaging and Manual Salvaging at the end of scenarios do not affect my collection, but they do affect the pool of cards available for me to encounter in Adventures. I also expect that if I have cards over the Cap, the additional cards will eventually appear in my unclaimed tab and I can add them to Character decks, add them to my stash or Salvage them, at which time they will stay in my collection but will not appear in the pool of available cards for Adventures.

I also cold be totally confused and wrong about this entire system

Edited by Dunesparrow, 22 June 2017 - 09:47 PM.

stbassy

stbassy

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts
Devs should confirm the newest behavior from the latest patch...
But my last understanding is: you cannot salvage from your box/pool/collection (not to be confused with your stash or play deck or end-of-scenario haul/loot).
Instead, the game now auto-salvages behind thr scene and pays you back some gold. The auto salvage triggers incrementally over time, but does not give a measage when it does.
To date, i haven't seen my gold increase unexpectedly, so I assume my cards have not been auto-salvaged, but there is no way to confirm that.

My 2 cents: sounds like a broken code ... which may or may not be a good thing depending on which side of the auto-salvage fence you are on

Me? I refuse to play an app that has buggy code with backdoor access into my box/collection which i have spent real cash (and time) on. It's one thing to change the system, another thing to change it for the worse (imho), and REALLY ANOTHER THING TO CHANGE IT INCORRECTLY WITHOUT DETERMINISTIC BEHAVIOUR FOR PLAYERS TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON. Until this gets resolved, i am afraid of opening the app.

Valaria

Valaria

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Devs should confirm the newest behavior from the latest patch...
But my last understanding is: you cannot salvage from your box/pool/collection (not to be confused with your stash or play deck or end-of-scenario haul/loot).
Instead, the game now auto-salvages behind thr scene and pays you back some gold. The auto salvage triggers incrementally over time, but does not give a measage when it does.
To date, i haven't seen my gold increase unexpectedly, so I assume my cards have not been auto-salvaged, but there is no way to confirm that.

My 2 cents: sounds like a broken code ... which may or may not be a good thing depending on which side of the auto-salvage fence you are on

Me? I refuse to play an app that has buggy code with backdoor access into my box/collection which i have spent real cash (and time) on. It's one thing to change the system, another thing to change it for the worse (imho), and REALLY ANOTHER THING TO CHANGE IT INCORRECTLY WITHOUT DETERMINISTIC BEHAVIOUR FOR PLAYERS TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON. Until this gets resolved, i am afraid of opening the app.

It's not broken code at all, it's a feature.

The game has some crazy levels of DRM up to the point where everything resides in their servers, which is why I'm guessing the GoG version was delayed.

I'm also afraid of opening the app out of fear legendaries get automatically quelled. Been playing for a while now (over a year) so I bought a bunch of chests back in the iOS version.

Would opening it offline prevent the automatic card salvaging?

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2307 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
At minimum it would prevent you getting any cold if the autosalvage happens... and playing offline not likely a good idea in anyway. I have seen reports that some cards Are not available offline. Maybe just a bug, maybe a new feature I don't know. But if the auto culing is a problem to you wait for the info if the Numbers will be changed.

zeroth_hour

zeroth_hour

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 116 posts

Legendaries have been disappearing from my collection, so it seems the culling is happening (OTOH I had gotten doubles from the epic/legendary DLC so I'm just very confused about the state of my collection atm).

I didn't spend money on gold to get chests (only time), but I could imagine people who spent money on eg the Unity pack and then got the Epic and Legendary DLC being very, very pissed right now.  Because they suddenly lost control over cards they bought, and the small amount of gold from the salvage doesn't even begin to compensate.

Punishing early adopters (in this case, multiple times) is really, really bad.

Chris_R

Chris_R

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 71 posts

I can understand why this has been done, but can't say I'm happy with it. I have been carefully curating my treasure cards so they don't show up all the time and now I have a stack of them - I'd like the option of being able to say 'actually, I'd like less of these cards than the maximum allowed.

I mean, I like me an Orb of Ice, but not when it's the only Item I ever flippin' draw.

w19913s

w19913s

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Steam:w19913s

At minimum it would prevent you getting any cold if the autosalvage happens... and playing offline not likely a good idea in anyway. I have seen reports that some cards Are not available offline. Maybe just a bug, maybe a new feature I don't know. But if the auto culing is a problem to you wait for the info if the Numbers will be changed.

I can confirm for you that treasure cards are not available offline on the ios.  My wifi is crap here in honduras, soooooo, there are times i am just playing the game offline.  That being said, yes, i do not get to farm or even see my treasure cards i have earned/bought.

aznxknight

aznxknight

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 113 posts

I might have an idea to fix this salvaging fiasco but this probably goes against all the work obsidian have done with these updates.

But first I want a confirmation on what is happening in our current card collection and decks. Legendaries are disappearing in the collection as per indicated by the 4,3,2,1 u/r/e/l rule. 

However this doesn't explain why I still have 4x legion armors and 3x challenging shields but on the other hand, before the port to steam, I USED TO HAVE a slaying scythe and very briefly after buying the obsidian version i had 2 slaying scythes for 1 day, now I have only 1 in my collection.

And then comes more trouble. Something I don't understand. I can stash away a legendary and find another one in my adventure. Then i can move both legendaries, the same exact item, onto a character's deck and not get deleted by the game's card distribution rules. It used to be that if you have only 1 copy of a treasure in your collection but you somehow have more than 1 copy of said treasure card on 2 different characters in the same party, one of them disappears and you're forced to take out something from the collection box. Now is not the case.

Is the game THAT buggy? Or is there another changed rule that I'm not familiar with?

Btw, I'm sitting here with a party that has a total of TWO slaying scythes. Played them in a scenario and hasn't disappeared on me yet.

Edited by aznxknight, 30 June 2017 - 10:17 AM.

• Ethics Gradient likes this

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1548 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It used to be that if you have more than 1 copy of a treasure card on 2 different characters, one of them disappears and you're forced to take out something from the collection box. Now is not the case.

It still works that way... but... it is possible that the Stash circumvents the treasure cap check system.  

The game used to cut down excess copies of a party's treasure cards only during party management.  It made sense at the time, because the only way to mule around Treasure cards involved moving around characters.  It is entirely possible that the deck management screen now needs to run that treasure card check too.

As far as the game auto-salvaging your treasure cards, it appears that it is just a slow process.  Rather than just check all your cards at once, it was only checking about two cards per login.  Theoretically, it could take a long time to go through and audit your treasure cards (especially on iOS if the game stays running in the background).  At least that is how it used to be.  I'm not 100% sure what may be going on right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users