Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How To: Merging Desktop and Mobile Accounts

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

heroic

heroic

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts

That's not correct. I've had Pathfinder on my phone for a long time, and bought it on steam when it was on sale for black friday. Logged in to the steam version with my phone credentials, and have all the steam extras on both platforms.

Dbarr74

Dbarr74

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Something has gone horribly wrong. I Purchased the Obsidian edition Steam version. I started on iOS. Attempted a merge but ended up with 2 PFIDs, the original one linked with my Asmodee account only allowed the base iOS version to be playable on my phone and PC. Contacted support and someone merged them on Obsidian's end.

Now I have no PFID on any device, and I have 0 content, characters, quests, gold, cards, dice. I can "login" to my Asmodee account but it never actually connects to it in game - the top left blue bar remains blank with no PFID. On Steam, I have no access to anything beyond the free iOS version. My game is actually unplayable. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I'll need to ask Steam for a refund.

I never purchased anything via iOS, so if the character and deck progress is lost I don't really care.

I'm having this exact same issue, is there a work around for it?

Hodu

Hodu

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Hey Hodu,

The devs did a Twitch stream that addressed most of this. Based on my understanding/recollection of that:

Whichever account is made “main” will be considered that master record for owned content. Therefore you absolutely want to make the Steam version the main account.

It will have all the DLC except the valentine’s packs.

You will still be able to buy gold, dice, etc from your mobile device, but not your PC.

You are starting over with new characters. Any progress you made on your old account will be wiped when you make the Steam version the master account.

I hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, Achilles! I've bought Steam version and I'm waiting for time to leave the office. :) Happy holidays!

Archsol

Archsol

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

it seems somewhere along the line i got confused on the instructions or something. my IOS account has my progress from play for awhile meanwhile a purchased obsidian version on steam is linked to an my asmodee account and am somehow unable to connect them now. since both accounts have different PFID is there a way to either merge them now or disassociate one with the link so i can have the obsidian upgrade onto my ios account?

heroic

heroic

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts

it seems somewhere along the line i got confused on the instructions or something. my IOS account has my progress from play for awhile meanwhile a purchased obsidian version on steam is linked to an my asmodee account and am somehow unable to connect them now. since both accounts have different PFID is there a way to either merge them now or disassociate one with the link so i can have the obsidian upgrade onto my ios account?

Email support@obsidian.net and give them both of your PFIDs and tell them which one you want to keep as your "main".

Gryphonlsb

Gryphonlsb

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

I have the app on my ipad and it does not give me a Store. I have logged into my asmodee account and it never shows my sign in. No idea how to fix this, I have no options that activate the store option, its just missing. (lack of store is also on my iphones app)

Achilles

Achilles

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1773 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
The store will not appear unless you’re signed in (which won’t happen unless you’re connected to the internet). If you can confirm that your connection is good, then the problem is most likely your Asmodee account. My bet is that Obsidian Support won’t be able to do much for you there. Might be worth your time to contact Asmodee.

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1233 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Also, double-check that you're signed into iOS Game Center.

iPad Settings --> Game Center (probably about a third of the way down)

Occasionally you may get logged out during major updates or for other reasons.  Once you're logged in, restart the Pathfinder app, and that should help reconnect you.

• Achilles likes this

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2208 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I don’t have asmodee account. It is not needed for store...
I think because I have the store showing...

Achilles

Achilles

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1773 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I don’t have asmodee account. It is not needed for store...
I think because I have the store showing...

You have to be signed in via *an* account for the store to show. If he’s signing in through Asmodee, then that should be allowing him to access the store.

vsummerfield23@gmail.com

vsummerfield23@gmail.com

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
I am having an extremely difficult time linking my android phone and tablet. Please contact me at my registered email to assist with this matter.
I've checked the FAQs and forums to no avail. I do not want to publicly post my email either.

Long story short, my phone is my 'main' device. The option to link android is greyed out. I tried desktop, just for the sake of troubleshooting, when entering the info on my tablet it says the pfid is invalid. I've restarted the app and tried a half dozen times. Always says invalid. Yes I double checked it.

Both devices are linked to my Google play services. The tablet will say it's linked to my Asmodee account when the information is entered but it doesn't link at all.

It is extremely difficult to check the forums on my device so I will not come back here. I will watch my email closely for tech supports response. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2208 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Hmmm you should not have to link your Android to Android, if you have same user account in both of them. If you have different account then it is not possible.
I have Android box and Android tablet and They both use same account and ofcourse have same content... hmmm... Sounds strange.
Are you sure that you have same account Name and same user pdif in bot devices?
If you have, then you can ask them to merge those two pdif s together because They should be the same.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 13 January 2018 - 01:28 AM.

BugToxin

BugToxin

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

So I'm a new player and like the game. 

I first got the Ipad version, and paid for the Rise of the Runelords package.

Then I created an Asmodee account, BugToxin #9391

Then I bought the Steam / PC version and the Obsidian Upgrade Package. 

For some reason the steam version automatically made me BugToxin #6714.  I did not create this account, it just created it for me.

I then tried to log in to Asmodee on the account I had recently made, and the system AUTOMATICALLY linked the accounts.

Now, when I am logged in as BugToxin #9391 I can't play the Rise of the Goblins on EITHER PC or Ipad.

When I log out on the PC, the game defaults back to my 6714 and I can play both campaigns, but only on PC.

What is the fix?  I only want one account, and I want to be able to link the two to play the same cards, dice, characters, and DLC on both systems.

I also sent in an email yesterday, waited all day and still no response.  How long does this usually take to get a fix?

BugToxin

BugToxin

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

So I'm a new player and like the game. 

I first got the Ipad version, and paid for the Rise of the Runelords package.
Then I created an Asmodee account, BugToxin #9391
Then I bought the Steam / PC version and the Obsidian Upgrade Package. 
For some reason the steam version automatically made me BugToxin #6714.  I did not create this account, it just created it for me.
I then tried to log in to Asmodee on the account I had recently made, and the system AUTOMATICALLY linked the accounts.
Now, when I am logged in as BugToxin #9391 I can't play the Rise of the Goblins on EITHER PC or Ipad.
When I log out on the PC, the game defaults back to my 6714 and I can play both campaigns, but only on PC.

What is the fix?  I only want one account, and I want to be able to link the two to play the same cards, dice, characters, and DLC on both systems.

I also sent in an email yesterday, waited all day and still no response.  How long does this usually take to get a fix?

*Update - Just got an email from support letting me know a programmer was working on it and would fix.

caduswadoh

caduswadoh

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:caduswadoh

Random note.  I was having an issue getting the steam copy to link to iOS.  Was doing the process as above but the iOS interface would get stuck on "Processing."  Turns out I had GameCenter disabled on my phone.  Just go to Settings > Game Center, and make sure it is activated.  As soon as I did that, the link process worked as described.

Toverkol

Toverkol

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

I have tried a BUNCH of times to do the process of opening the settings on my Steam account and then , getting all the needed info and then place that info in the iPad account, but all it does is sit and state "Processing", I have waited well over an hour watching this before I have to close the game and restart the process. I have even used the AsmoDee.net login, it states successful on my iPad but the (wifi) connector never goes green.

What am I doing wrong here?

Whether you've merged accounts or not, the little "wifi" logo should go green whenever you are online.

Verify that you're logged into iOS game center.  Playing normally or merging accounts both rely on a working Game Center login.

The Game Center app has been gone for a long while now, so what you need to do is open the Settings app, and scroll down about a third of the way.

Just above Twitter and Facebook should be Game Center.

Make sure you are signed in with your Apple ID.  If if shows that you already are signed in, try tapping on your Apple ID, sign out, then log back in again.

After that, restart Pathfinder.  You should get a "Successfully logged in" popup, the icon should go green, and merging and general play should be back to normal.  Good luck!

Just in case anyone else is having the "processing..." problem while linking android to pc, the solution in my case was similar to this solution for iOS but then logging in to the Google Play app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users