How To: Merging Desktop and Mobile Accounts

BAdler

Question

With the introduction of the Steam PC build we have been getting an increased number of questions about how users can merge their Steam, iOS, and Android accounts. I figured it would be helpful to include some easy to find instructions on the merging process.

IMPORTANT: The first thing to note is that it is always best to start the account merging from what you consider your main account. This is the account that will be moved to your other platforms. So, for example, if you consider your iOS account your main account, you should start this process from your iOS device.

Once you have started the game on your main account's device, you will need to press the Options button on the main menu.

kHJkVBl.jpg

After pressing the Options button, you will need to press the Settings button.

daSY4IJ.jpg

In Settings you will need to press the Link button next to the Link Devices label.

xSALeOa.jpg

Pressing the Link button will bring you to a menu that asks which platform you would like to link this account to. If you are merging a mobile account to your desktop account, you will press the Desktop button. If you are merging the desktop account to one of your mobile accounts, you will want to press the button of the mobile platform you are trying to merge.

xWsPxFF.jpg

Once you press the button of the platform you are attempting to merge, you will be shown your PlayFab ID and a secret key. You will need to enter both of these numbers into the platform you are trying to merge. You must use this secret key within 5 minutes or it will expire and you will need to generate another key for merging.

kKfIPEJ.jpg

To enter this key, go into the platform you would like to merge to your main account. Follow the steps above to get the the Link Device menu. In the Link Device menu you will need to press the Enter a Link Code button.

ufZeFTQ.jpg

Pressing this button will bring you to a menu where you can enter in your PlayFab ID and your secret key. Once you correctly enter in your PlayFab ID and your secret key, press Ok to start the merging process.

doWKCBu.jpg

If everything goes correctly you will see a message indicating your account merging was successful. It can take up to five minutes for your account to fully merge.

At this point, all of the content on your main account will be accessible in your other merged devices and vice versa.

Hope this simple guide was helpful in all of your account merging adventures.

• Like 5

Hmmm you should not have to link your Android to Android, if you have same user account in both of them. If you have different account then it is not possible.

I have Android box and Android tablet and They both use same account and ofcourse have same content... hmmm... Sounds strange.

Are you sure that you have same account Name and same user pdif in bot devices?

If you have, then you can ask them to merge those two pdif s together because They should be the same.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

So I'm a new player and like the game. 

I first got the Ipad version, and paid for the Rise of the Runelords package.

Then I created an Asmodee account, BugToxin #9391

Then I bought the Steam / PC version and the Obsidian Upgrade Package. 

For some reason the steam version automatically made me BugToxin #6714.  I did not create this account, it just created it for me.

I then tried to log in to Asmodee on the account I had recently made, and the system AUTOMATICALLY linked the accounts.

Now, when I am logged in as BugToxin #9391 I can't play the Rise of the Goblins on EITHER PC or Ipad.

When I log out on the PC, the game defaults back to my 6714 and I can play both campaigns, but only on PC.

What is the fix?  I only want one account, and I want to be able to link the two to play the same cards, dice, characters, and DLC on both systems.

I also sent in an email yesterday, waited all day and still no response.  How long does this usually take to get a fix?

For some reason the steam version automatically made me BugToxin #6714.  I did not create this account, it just created it for me.

I then tried to log in to Asmodee on the account I had recently made, and the system AUTOMATICALLY linked the accounts.

Now, when I am logged in as BugToxin #9391 I can't play the Rise of the Goblins on EITHER PC or Ipad.

When I log out on the PC, the game defaults back to my 6714 and I can play both campaigns, but only on PC.

What is the fix?  I only want one account, and I want to be able to link the two to play the same cards, dice, characters, and DLC on both systems.

I also sent in an email yesterday, waited all day and still no response.  How long does this usually take to get a fix?

*Update - Just got an email from support letting me know a programmer was working on it and would fix.

Random note.  I was having an issue getting the steam copy to link to iOS.  Was doing the process as above but the iOS interface would get stuck on "Processing."  Turns out I had GameCenter disabled on my phone.  Just go to Settings > Game Center, and make sure it is activated.  As soon as I did that, the link process worked as described.

I have tried a BUNCH of times to do the process of opening the settings on my Steam account and then , getting all the needed info and then place that info in the iPad account, but all it does is sit and state "Processing", I have waited well over an hour watching this before I have to close the game and restart the process. I have even used the AsmoDee.net login, it states successful on my iPad but the (wifi) connector never goes green.

What am I doing wrong here?

Whether you've merged accounts or not, the little "wifi" logo should go green whenever you are online.

Verify that you're logged into iOS game center.  Playing normally or merging accounts both rely on a working Game Center login.

The Game Center app has been gone for a long while now, so what you need to do is open the Settings app, and scroll down about a third of the way.

Just above Twitter and Facebook should be Game Center.

Make sure you are signed in with your Apple ID.  If if shows that you already are signed in, try tapping on your Apple ID, sign out, then log back in again.

After that, restart Pathfinder.  You should get a "Successfully logged in" popup, the icon should go green, and merging and general play should be back to normal.  Good luck!

Just in case anyone else is having the "processing..." problem while linking android to pc, the solution in my case was similar to this solution for iOS but then logging in to the Google Play app.

*Update - Just got an email from support letting me know a programmer was working on it and would fix.

So did you get that resolved? I am in basically the same situation right now. 

I first started playin on iOS, and had an account there that I connected with my Asmodee Account. Then when I bought the game on Steam today, I was thrown into some temporary other account. When I clicked and followed the "login with Asmodee" prompts, I thought that it will now connect my new Steam stuff (I bought the Obsidian edition, so I should get extra characters, 5000g, etc.) to my existing Asmodee account. Instead it logged me in to my iOS account that has none of the characters and none of the gold. 

While I don't care much about the progress I had made on the phone version (just the basic free stuff), I'd have preferred if I can merge both of them or if at least I can connect my "Obsidian edition" from Steam to my Asmodee account.