Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How To: Merging Desktop and Mobile Accounts

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

PaladinXII

PaladinXII

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:PaladinXII
  • Xbox Gamertag:PaladinXII
  • Steam:PaladinXII

Hey all,

Have a weird problem:

Obsidian edition on Steam

Full chapter bundle on iOS

Merged accounts, but lots of weirdness

1. Dice earned on the iOS version (which I used as the primary for merging, since i had gold, dice, and other unlocks) show up on iOS. Haunted dice on iOS not showing up on Steam (is that accurate?)

2. No legendary dice showing on either platform

3. No character alts unlocked on either platform

4. No runes or charms showing up on either platform

5. Pretty sure none of the other Obsidian edition card unlocks are actually showing as unlocked

Not sure if this is a straight entitlement issue with my account or something that got fubar'd during the merge. Help is most definitely appreciated. 

Thanks!

derNokel

derNokel

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hi, i tried with email, but got no answer. (2 days ago)

My situation:

I started playing the game on my laptop (WIN 10). Sometimes I had connection, sometimes not. On holidays with bad wifi.

Now I want to continue to play the game with my regular PC (also WIN10), but there is no Continue option, its grey. The game is not synchronizing?

When i want to use the LINK button on the laptop its greyed out for Dektop.

Please help.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2099 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hi, i tried with email, but got no answer. (2 days ago)

My situation:
I started playing the game on my laptop (WIN 10). Sometimes I had connection, sometimes not. On holidays with bad wifi.
Now I want to continue to play the game with my regular PC (also WIN10), but there is no Continue option, its grey. The game is not synchronizing?
When i want to use the LINK button on the laptop its greyed out for Dektop.

Please help.

Press the start button and look what level your groups Are there.

DaMAnx

DaMAnx

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I have tried a BUNCH of times to do the process of opening the settings on my Steam account and then , getting all the needed info and then place that info in the iPad account, but all it does is sit and state "Processing", I have waited well over an hour watching this before I have to close the game and restart the process. I have even used the AsmoDee.net login, it states successful on my iPad but the (wifi) connector never goes green.

What am I doing wrong here?

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I have tried a BUNCH of times to do the process of opening the settings on my Steam account and then , getting all the needed info and then place that info in the iPad account, but all it does is sit and state "Processing", I have waited well over an hour watching this before I have to close the game and restart the process. I have even used the AsmoDee.net login, it states successful on my iPad but the (wifi) connector never goes green.

What am I doing wrong here?

Whether you've merged accounts or not, the little "wifi" logo should go green whenever you are online.

Verify that you're logged into iOS game center.  Playing normally or merging accounts both rely on a working Game Center login.

The Game Center app has been gone for a long while now, so what you need to do is open the Settings app, and scroll down about a third of the way.

Just above Twitter and Facebook should be Game Center.

Make sure you are signed in with your Apple ID.  If if shows that you already are signed in, try tapping on your Apple ID, sign out, then log back in again.

After that, restart Pathfinder.  You should get a "Successfully logged in" popup, the icon should go green, and merging and general play should be back to normal.  Good luck!

LaSpeakeasi

LaSpeakeasi

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 222 posts

Question: I have Obsidian Edition on Steam. But I want my iOS to be the main save. If I link my accounts will the Obsidian Edition bonus content show up on my iOS account? Will I lose any of my purchases on Steam if I merge it into my iOS save?

Edited by LaSpeakeasi, 18 September 2017 - 11:17 AM.

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Question: I have Obsidian Edition on Steam. But I want my iOS to be the main save. If I link my accounts will the Obsidian Edition bonus content show up on my iOS account? Will I lose any of my purchases on Steam if I merge it into my iOS save?

Yes, I had a similar experience.  Main characters on iOS, then purchased the Steam version with Obsidian perks.  Post-merge, your account will be the sum of all your content (iOS purchases, treasure cards, gold + Steam DLCs, treasures, gold).

Parties and characters don't quite stack together in an "additive" manner, so the platform that generates the key gets to be the "master account" for the purpose of the merge.

Generate the merge code on your iOS device, and then enter it into your Steam platform.  Once the merge completes (might take a few minutes), your iOS PFID and Saves become linked to both your iOS and Steam platforms, and the total content you own on both platforms is available everywhere.  After a restart, both platforms should have identical content.

I don't know if the merge has changed since launch to address what happens when you have different characters on both platforms, but it is pretty safe to assume that should there be any conflict, the device that generates the key (iOS in your case) wins out.

You shouldn't lose any content in the process.  Just take care which device generates the link key.  That PFID is the one that "survives" the merge process, and has all the DLC, gold, treasure cards, etc... of the other merged into it.

• LaSpeakeasi likes this

KoboldCleric

KoboldCleric

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
So, I've been thinking about getting the steam version, but I don't think that I could convert over my old purchases, since my old iPad 2 crashes whenever I try to load the app. Is there any way around this?

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

So, I've been thinking about getting the steam version, but I don't think that I could convert over my old purchases, since my old iPad 2 crashes whenever I try to load the app. Is there any way around this?

Unfortunately, there's not much of a "free" workaround.  You will have to buy the Steam version for about $25, and then merge your iOS and Steam accounts to sync your characters and content between platforms.  Once you do that, all your iOS characters should transfer over to the steam version.  Just follow the instructions above, generate a link key on your iPad, then enter it into your steam version of Pathfinder Adventures.

I don't know if the Pathfinder Ambassador program is still active, but if you previously bought the RoTR campaign on your iPad (or $25 worth of other stuff), you may be eligible to get a free "Obsidian Edition" upgrade once you purchase the base Steam version.  The 10%-off coupons they were offering may have since expired, but the free Obsidian upgrade may still be available.

Sithrak

Sithrak

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:Kevin_Rahl

I purchased the Pathfinder Adventure game on steam and all the DLC to go with it. I just link my account to my phone (droid) and I am happy to say that it was very easy and I linked the correct account. However, not all of my DLC shows that it is payed for on my phone version... It seems that my Goblin's "Burn Everything"  DLC is still asking me to pay for it again on my phone.... Any solutions to this problem or will I be forced to pay a second time to enjoy this on the go? 

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I purchased the Pathfinder Adventure game on steam and all the DLC to go with it. I just link my account to my phone (droid) and I am happy to say that it was very easy and I linked the correct account. However, not all of my DLC shows that it is payed for on my phone version... It seems that my Goblin's "Burn Everything"  DLC is still asking me to pay for it again on my phone.... Any solutions to this problem or will I be forced to pay a second time to enjoy this on the go? 

You should not need to rebuy anything when accounts are linked up.

What has helped for a number of people with that issue is to restart Pathfinder on both devices after you have linked the accounts.  Quit then relaunch on steam, then force quit or close the app on your phone.  After you restart Pathfinder on your phone, the Goblins content should transfer over.

kabaeva

kabaeva

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Hello,

It always show "Processing" over than 10min when in link my iPhone. What should I do ? 

I brought basic version from steam. I would like to link my iPhone. 

1. I download Pathfinder on my iPhone.

2. Open Game from Steam and click "link to iOS". Get this ID and PW from steam.

3. I enter ID and PW on my iPhone. It always show "Processing" 

vilyodin

vilyodin

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Hi everybody,

First of all, sorry for my english.

i bought the obsidian version  and the valeros DLC on steam.  i linked my account on boths IOS and Andro├»d.

The transfer was fine for everything i think. I can play the goblin DLC and the Valeros DLC on all platforms.

BUT The Goblin DLC remains "unpaid" in the store.

Is there a way to mark it as "paid"?

Thanks

Troy

Troy

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
I'm on a brand new device and decided to play pathfinder again from an old device. How do I go about linking them? The old device is no longer active

TheEgman

TheEgman

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I got pathfinder on ios and after trying the tutorial, I bought the bundle on steam ( including the obsidian dlc ). I linked the accounts but, whenever I'm on my ios device or online in steam, it doesn't register that I have any of the DLC. What can I do to correct this?

TheEgman#9292 

FBE305F2BBE057D7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users