How To: Merging Desktop and Mobile Accounts

BAdler

Question

With the introduction of the Steam PC build we have been getting an increased number of questions about how users can merge their Steam, iOS, and Android accounts. I figured it would be helpful to include some easy to find instructions on the merging process.

IMPORTANT: The first thing to note is that it is always best to start the account merging from what you consider your main account. This is the account that will be moved to your other platforms. So, for example, if you consider your iOS account your main account, you should start this process from your iOS device.

Once you have started the game on your main account's device, you will need to press the Options button on the main menu.

kHJkVBl.jpg

After pressing the Options button, you will need to press the Settings button.

daSY4IJ.jpg

In Settings you will need to press the Link button next to the Link Devices label.

xSALeOa.jpg

Pressing the Link button will bring you to a menu that asks which platform you would like to link this account to. If you are merging a mobile account to your desktop account, you will press the Desktop button. If you are merging the desktop account to one of your mobile accounts, you will want to press the button of the mobile platform you are trying to merge.

xWsPxFF.jpg

Once you press the button of the platform you are attempting to merge, you will be shown your PlayFab ID and a secret key. You will need to enter both of these numbers into the platform you are trying to merge. You must use this secret key within 5 minutes or it will expire and you will need to generate another key for merging.

kKfIPEJ.jpg

To enter this key, go into the platform you would like to merge to your main account. Follow the steps above to get the the Link Device menu. In the Link Device menu you will need to press the Enter a Link Code button.

ufZeFTQ.jpg

Pressing this button will bring you to a menu where you can enter in your PlayFab ID and your secret key. Once you correctly enter in your PlayFab ID and your secret key, press Ok to start the merging process.

doWKCBu.jpg

If everything goes correctly you will see a message indicating your account merging was successful. It can take up to five minutes for your account to fully merge.

At this point, all of the content on your main account will be accessible in your other merged devices and vice versa.

Hope this simple guide was helpful in all of your account merging adventures.

• Like 5

Hi dev...can you help me? I make mistake link device, my main device is ios , i tried link device from steam version to my ios device, now my ios exactly same like steam version, my dice colection many missing...but if i connect to asmodee account , my all collection coming back to mu ios device..and every time i open the game on my ios device , my asmodee account not auto login, so i have to manually login...please help

Asmodee account was connected with my ios device for first time updated...then i bought steam version to get advantage of ambassador program and i make mistake with link device from steam version to ios version...ughh stupid me not read the warning first

• Like 1

I have a similar issue. I bought the Obsidian Edition on Steam and waited for all the extra content to be available. I logged into my Asmodee account then I linked it to my Android device using the code from my Android device since that is my main one. It looks like the gold and alts transferred over fine but the dice, runes, charms, and treasure cards did not.

If I log into my Asmodee account on my Android device I see all the dice, treasures, etc from buying the Obsidian Edition but all the other treasures I've gotten are gone, I only have one copy of each card. Also my gold goes down to 5000 which is the free amount for buying the Obi Ed. When I close the app on Android I have to sign back in to Asmo and if I don't do that I see my original all content without the Obi Ed treasure, dice, etc again. How do I get all of my content merged?

I just bought the basic steam version along with the Epic/Legendary free download. I linked the accounts (successfully) from my IPAD. I've been waiting a bit but still don't see any of the new cards on my IPAD. They show up on steam, but not on ipad. 

My PFID is: 48D391306AE41F63

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi dev...can you help me? I make mistake link device, my main device is ios , i tried link device from steam version to my ios device, now my ios exactly same like steam version, my dice colection many missing...but if i connect to asmodee account , my all collection coming back to mu ios device..and every time i open the game on my ios device , my asmodee account not auto login, so i have to manually login...please help

Hi, dedyp79. It sounds like there might be a problem with Asmodee.net not auto-logging in. I'll let QA know to look into it, but you should contact support@obsidian.net with your problem. It may be that there was some issue merging your accounts and they might be able to look into it for you.

I have a similar issue. I bought the Obsidian Edition on Steam and waited for all the extra content to be available. I logged into my Asmodee account then I linked it to my Android device using the code from my Android device since that is my main one. It looks like the gold and alts transferred over fine but the dice, runes, charms, and treasure cards did not.

If I log into my Asmodee account on my Android device I see all the dice, treasures, etc from buying the Obsidian Edition but all the other treasures I've gotten are gone, I only have one copy of each card. Also my gold goes down to 5000 which is the free amount for buying the Obi Ed. When I close the app on Android I have to sign back in to Asmo and if I don't do that I see my original all content without the Obi Ed treasure, dice, etc again. How do I get all of my content merged?

Hey, Malgamus. It sounds like you may have an issue with merging. Please contact support@obsidian.net and they can look into your account to see if there was a problem with the merging.

I just bought the basic steam version along with the Epic/Legendary free download. I linked the accounts (successfully) from my IPAD. I've been waiting a bit but still don't see any of the new cards on my IPAD. They show up on steam, but not on ipad. 

My PFID is: 48D391306AE41F63

Thanks.

Hey, Pediatron. You may have the same problem. You should contact support@obsidian.net to see if they can straighten this out for you.

I need help, when attempting to link devices, "error, invalid PFID" keeps popping up. I've triple, quadruple, and quintuple checked that it was indeed the correct PFID, and that the 0s and Os weren't mixed up. Please help, my PFID is 6D004F6D5B3BEA90

Edit:found the solution. So, after looking more closely at the step-by-step instructions layed out, I tried linking the 2 devices WITHOUT logging into my Asmodee account on the Steam(the transferee) device. Guess it sees it as an error when trying to merge with it's own PFID.

Edited by Tsasterwilliams

I have an interesting one - I initially tried to log in to my asmodee account via the steam app (having created it through the android app, my main game).

If I log in to asmodee through the steamapp, then try to link the devices (adroid generates the code), I get a PIF is invalid error.

If I follow the instructions above to the letter, I get a "error there have been no previous link attempts" on the steam app. Any ideas? My PFID is B9E5A30C40D213A8. Thanks!

• Like 1

Allright...

Finally decided to purchase an Obsidian Edition and link my accounts. Everything went fine.

I've also downloaded a DLC pack.

I have the only one question left, guys... I should have alL the cards in the collection, right? I have only 1267/1318.

I have the only one question left, guys... I should have alL the cards in the collection, right? I have only 1267/1318.

That sounds about right.  That number has always been notoriously off.

Included in that 1318 are unreleased cards,  promos, "enhancement cards", and a handful of other things that derp up the total count.  I've got 1265, and I'm reasonably sure I'm not missing anything other than some of the cards you can purchase for gold.

• Like 1

I installed game on tablet, where I got 5 chests and nothing else there. And logged into Asmodee account.

Then I bought Obsidian version on Steam, where I got all adventurers, legendary dices, 6000gp,...

Then I logged into Asmodee account there too and all Obsidian stuff was gone.

That I didn't expected.

(I expected it would be merged together so that I would have Obsidian version + 5 stashes).

Altough both versions of game appeared connected to Asmodee, I tried to linking devices but that failed on several attempts with "wrong PFID" (nope, verified their corretness several times). So that didn't helped either.

When writing this to support I launched steam version again to see how are the chests named (chest / cache / etc) and looks like I'm disconnected from Asmodee and have all stuff I expected to have (but the 5 chests from android). I'm quite afraid to reconnect to Asmodee...

Edit: I probably managed to fix everything but my PlayFabID on Asmodee account.

Edited by navara

All of your game data is stored with PlayFab which is why merging your PlayFab IDs is the important thing.  The Asmodee account does nothing other than make it say you're attached to one.

When I connect to Asmodee, my PlayFabID changes to that one of android (having only 5 chests), when I logout it goes back to Steam one (Obsidian pack, no chests).

When I change that ID on Android to Steam's one, where will the chests go?

Will it change my PlayFabID on Asmodee, so I could be both connected and not lose stuff?

Update:

So I was able to link my Android to Steam - when I used Steam's PlayFabID  on Android, it didn't refused it as nonexisting (as it did in opposite direction) and I see all my stuff on Android too, including those 5 chests (and see those on Steam too, so merge completed).

But when I login into Asmodee, my PlayFabID is set back to Android's one. And I haven't found a way, how to reset it to my Steam's PlayFabID (primary one now)...

/ Manual as good as it is, should be extended with more info about PlayFabID, what it is and how doest it relate to Asmodee. Game offers both functionalities and it's really confusing /

Edited by navara
  • Like 2

Hey all,

Have a weird problem:

Obsidian edition on Steam

Full chapter bundle on iOS

Merged accounts, but lots of weirdness

1. Dice earned on the iOS version (which I used as the primary for merging, since i had gold, dice, and other unlocks) show up on iOS. Haunted dice on iOS not showing up on Steam (is that accurate?)

2. No legendary dice showing on either platform

3. No character alts unlocked on either platform

4. No runes or charms showing up on either platform

5. Pretty sure none of the other Obsidian edition card unlocks are actually showing as unlocked

Not sure if this is a straight entitlement issue with my account or something that got fubar'd during the merge. Help is most definitely appreciated. 

Thanks!

Hi, i tried with email, but got no answer. (2 days ago)

My situation:

I started playing the game on my laptop (WIN 10). Sometimes I had connection, sometimes not. On holidays with bad wifi.

Now I want to continue to play the game with my regular PC (also WIN10), but there is no Continue option, its grey. The game is not synchronizing?

When i want to use the LINK button on the laptop its greyed out for Dektop.

Please help.

Hi, i tried with email, but got no answer. (2 days ago)

My situation:

I started playing the game on my laptop (WIN 10). Sometimes I had connection, sometimes not. On holidays with bad wifi.

Now I want to continue to play the game with my regular PC (also WIN10), but there is no Continue option, its grey. The game is not synchronizing?

When i want to use the LINK button on the laptop its greyed out for Dektop.

Please help.

Press the start button and look what level your groups Are there.

I have tried a BUNCH of times to do the process of opening the settings on my Steam account and then , getting all the needed info and then place that info in the iPad account, but all it does is sit and state "Processing", I have waited well over an hour watching this before I have to close the game and restart the process. I have even used the AsmoDee.net login, it states successful on my iPad but the (wifi) connector never goes green.

What am I doing wrong here?

I have tried a BUNCH of times to do the process of opening the settings on my Steam account and then , getting all the needed info and then place that info in the iPad account, but all it does is sit and state "Processing", I have waited well over an hour watching this before I have to close the game and restart the process. I have even used the AsmoDee.net login, it states successful on my iPad but the (wifi) connector never goes green.

What am I doing wrong here?

Whether you've merged accounts or not, the little "wifi" logo should go green whenever you are online.

Verify that you're logged into iOS game center.  Playing normally or merging accounts both rely on a working Game Center login.

The Game Center app has been gone for a long while now, so what you need to do is open the Settings app, and scroll down about a third of the way.

Just above Twitter and Facebook should be Game Center.

Make sure you are signed in with your Apple ID.  If if shows that you already are signed in, try tapping on your Apple ID, sign out, then log back in again.

After that, restart Pathfinder.  You should get a "Successfully logged in" popup, the icon should go green, and merging and general play should be back to normal.  Good luck!

Question: I have Obsidian Edition on Steam. But I want my iOS to be the main save. If I link my accounts will the Obsidian Edition bonus content show up on my iOS account? Will I lose any of my purchases on Steam if I merge it into my iOS save?

Edited by LaSpeakeasi