How To: Merging Desktop and Mobile Accounts

BAdler

Question

With the introduction of the Steam PC build we have been getting an increased number of questions about how users can merge their Steam, iOS, and Android accounts. I figured it would be helpful to include some easy to find instructions on the merging process.

IMPORTANT: The first thing to note is that it is always best to start the account merging from what you consider your main account. This is the account that will be moved to your other platforms. So, for example, if you consider your iOS account your main account, you should start this process from your iOS device.

Once you have started the game on your main account's device, you will need to press the Options button on the main menu.

kHJkVBl.jpg

After pressing the Options button, you will need to press the Settings button.

daSY4IJ.jpg

In Settings you will need to press the Link button next to the Link Devices label.

xSALeOa.jpg

Pressing the Link button will bring you to a menu that asks which platform you would like to link this account to. If you are merging a mobile account to your desktop account, you will press the Desktop button. If you are merging the desktop account to one of your mobile accounts, you will want to press the button of the mobile platform you are trying to merge.

xWsPxFF.jpg

Once you press the button of the platform you are attempting to merge, you will be shown your PlayFab ID and a secret key. You will need to enter both of these numbers into the platform you are trying to merge. You must use this secret key within 5 minutes or it will expire and you will need to generate another key for merging.

kKfIPEJ.jpg

To enter this key, go into the platform you would like to merge to your main account. Follow the steps above to get the the Link Device menu. In the Link Device menu you will need to press the Enter a Link Code button.

ufZeFTQ.jpg

Pressing this button will bring you to a menu where you can enter in your PlayFab ID and your secret key. Once you correctly enter in your PlayFab ID and your secret key, press Ok to start the merging process.

doWKCBu.jpg

If everything goes correctly you will see a message indicating your account merging was successful. It can take up to five minutes for your account to fully merge.

At this point, all of the content on your main account will be accessible in your other merged devices and vice versa.

Hope this simple guide was helpful in all of your account merging adventures.

• Like 5

Question: I have Obsidian Edition on Steam. But I want my iOS to be the main save. If I link my accounts will the Obsidian Edition bonus content show up on my iOS account? Will I lose any of my purchases on Steam if I merge it into my iOS save?

Yes, I had a similar experience.  Main characters on iOS, then purchased the Steam version with Obsidian perks.  Post-merge, your account will be the sum of all your content (iOS purchases, treasure cards, gold + Steam DLCs, treasures, gold).

Parties and characters don't quite stack together in an "additive" manner, so the platform that generates the key gets to be the "master account" for the purpose of the merge.

Generate the merge code on your iOS device, and then enter it into your Steam platform.  Once the merge completes (might take a few minutes), your iOS PFID and Saves become linked to both your iOS and Steam platforms, and the total content you own on both platforms is available everywhere.  After a restart, both platforms should have identical content.

I don't know if the merge has changed since launch to address what happens when you have different characters on both platforms, but it is pretty safe to assume that should there be any conflict, the device that generates the key (iOS in your case) wins out.

You shouldn't lose any content in the process.  Just take care which device generates the link key.  That PFID is the one that "survives" the merge process, and has all the DLC, gold, treasure cards, etc... of the other merged into it.

• Like 1

So, I've been thinking about getting the steam version, but I don't think that I could convert over my old purchases, since my old iPad 2 crashes whenever I try to load the app. Is there any way around this?

Unfortunately, there's not much of a "free" workaround.  You will have to buy the Steam version for about $25, and then merge your iOS and Steam accounts to sync your characters and content between platforms.  Once you do that, all your iOS characters should transfer over to the steam version.  Just follow the instructions above, generate a link key on your iPad, then enter it into your steam version of Pathfinder Adventures.

I don't know if the Pathfinder Ambassador program is still active, but if you previously bought the RoTR campaign on your iPad (or $25 worth of other stuff), you may be eligible to get a free "Obsidian Edition" upgrade once you purchase the base Steam version.  The 10%-off coupons they were offering may have since expired, but the free Obsidian upgrade may still be available.

I purchased the Pathfinder Adventure game on steam and all the DLC to go with it. I just link my account to my phone (droid) and I am happy to say that it was very easy and I linked the correct account. However, not all of my DLC shows that it is payed for on my phone version... It seems that my Goblin's "Burn Everything"  DLC is still asking me to pay for it again on my phone.... Any solutions to this problem or will I be forced to pay a second time to enjoy this on the go? 

I purchased the Pathfinder Adventure game on steam and all the DLC to go with it. I just link my account to my phone (droid) and I am happy to say that it was very easy and I linked the correct account. However, not all of my DLC shows that it is payed for on my phone version... It seems that my Goblin's "Burn Everything"  DLC is still asking me to pay for it again on my phone.... Any solutions to this problem or will I be forced to pay a second time to enjoy this on the go? 

You should not need to rebuy anything when accounts are linked up.

What has helped for a number of people with that issue is to restart Pathfinder on both devices after you have linked the accounts.  Quit then relaunch on steam, then force quit or close the app on your phone.  After you restart Pathfinder on your phone, the Goblins content should transfer over.

Hello,

It always show "Processing" over than 10min when in link my iPhone. What should I do ? 

I brought basic version from steam. I would like to link my iPhone. 

1. I download Pathfinder on my iPhone.

2. Open Game from Steam and click "link to iOS". Get this ID and PW from steam.

3. I enter ID and PW on my iPhone. It always show "Processing" 

Hi everybody,

First of all, sorry for my english.

i bought the obsidian version  and the valeros DLC on steam.  i linked my account on boths IOS and Androïd.

The transfer was fine for everything i think. I can play the goblin DLC and the Valeros DLC on all platforms.

BUT The Goblin DLC remains "unpaid" in the store.

Is there a way to mark it as "paid"?

Thanks

I got pathfinder on ios and after trying the tutorial, I bought the bundle on steam ( including the obsidian dlc ). I linked the accounts but, whenever I'm on my ios device or online in steam, it doesn't register that I have any of the DLC. What can I do to correct this?

TheEgman#9292 

FBE305F2BBE057D7

When I log in via Asmodee account, in my PC I have no any DLC or gold (Obsidian Version). Same way I have no DLC in my phone, hovewer I bought obsidian version. Looks like phone is my primary device, because I started play here. But, I want to PC is my primary device. Nobody ask me about selecting devices.

When I log out and manually choose to link and enter a code into phone, I see permanent "processing" message. Google Play Games up to date.

My device ID: C893749A550C9F19

Something has gone horribly wrong. I Purchased the Obsidian edition Steam version. I started on iOS. Attempted a merge but ended up with 2 PFIDs, the original one linked with my Asmodee account only allowed the base iOS version to be playable on my phone and PC. Contacted support and someone merged them on Obsidian's end.

Now I have no PFID on any device, and I have 0 content, characters, quests, gold, cards, dice. I can "login" to my Asmodee account but it never actually connects to it in game - the top left blue bar remains blank with no PFID. On Steam, I have no access to anything beyond the free iOS version. My game is actually unplayable. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I'll need to ask Steam for a refund.

I never purchased anything via iOS, so if the character and deck progress is lost I don't really care.

Original Account registered w Asmodee

badiali #6093

PFID - FB9826C8E9614BB7

badiali #5275 Steam version

PFID - 792C00D3887FCDE8

Hey Devs and exprerienced players! I have a question that I couldn't understand stil.

1. I have an account on my Android device. It has a RotR bundle DLC and been played a little.

2. I will buy the game and all the DLCs on Steam, cuz it is on sale and much cheaper now.

3. Then which account should I go for a main account? If I choose the Android acc, all DLC would disappear? Or if I choose the Steam acc, the progress I made on mobile would be gone?

Hey Hodu,

The devs did a Twitch stream that addressed most of this. Based on my understanding/recollection of that:

Whichever account is made “main” will be considered that master record for owned content. Therefore you absolutely want to make the Steam version the main account.

It will have all the DLC except the valentine’s packs.

You will still be able to buy gold, dice, etc from your mobile device, but not your PC.

You are starting over with new characters. Any progress you made on your old account will be wiped when you make the Steam version the master account.

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Something has gone horribly wrong. I Purchased the Obsidian edition Steam version. I started on iOS. Attempted a merge but ended up with 2 PFIDs, the original one linked with my Asmodee account only allowed the base iOS version to be playable on my phone and PC. Contacted support and someone merged them on Obsidian's end.

Now I have no PFID on any device, and I have 0 content, characters, quests, gold, cards, dice. I can "login" to my Asmodee account but it never actually connects to it in game - the top left blue bar remains blank with no PFID. On Steam, I have no access to anything beyond the free iOS version. My game is actually unplayable. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I'll need to ask Steam for a refund.

I never purchased anything via iOS, so if the character and deck progress is lost I don't really care.

I'm having this exact same issue, is there a work around for it?

Hey Hodu,

The devs did a Twitch stream that addressed most of this. Based on my understanding/recollection of that:

Whichever account is made “main” will be considered that master record for owned content. Therefore you absolutely want to make the Steam version the main account.

It will have all the DLC except the valentine’s packs.

You will still be able to buy gold, dice, etc from your mobile device, but not your PC.

You are starting over with new characters. Any progress you made on your old account will be wiped when you make the Steam version the master account.

I hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, Achilles! I've bought Steam version and I'm waiting for time to leave the office. :) Happy holidays!

it seems somewhere along the line i got confused on the instructions or something. my IOS account has my progress from play for awhile meanwhile a purchased obsidian version on steam is linked to an my asmodee account and am somehow unable to connect them now. since both accounts have different PFID is there a way to either merge them now or disassociate one with the link so i can have the obsidian upgrade onto my ios account?

it seems somewhere along the line i got confused on the instructions or something. my IOS account has my progress from play for awhile meanwhile a purchased obsidian version on steam is linked to an my asmodee account and am somehow unable to connect them now. since both accounts have different PFID is there a way to either merge them now or disassociate one with the link so i can have the obsidian upgrade onto my ios account?

Email support@obsidian.net and give them both of your PFIDs and tell them which one you want to keep as your "main".

I have the app on my ipad and it does not give me a Store. I have logged into my asmodee account and it never shows my sign in. No idea how to fix this, I have no options that activate the store option, its just missing. (lack of store is also on my iphones app)

The store will not appear unless you’re signed in (which won’t happen unless you’re connected to the internet). If you can confirm that your connection is good, then the problem is most likely your Asmodee account. My bet is that Obsidian Support won’t be able to do much for you there. Might be worth your time to contact Asmodee.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Also, double-check that you're signed into iOS Game Center.

iPad Settings --> Game Center (probably about a third of the way down)

Occasionally you may get logged out during major updates or for other reasons.  Once you're logged in, restart the Pathfinder app, and that should help reconnect you.

• Like 1

I don’t have asmodee account. It is not needed for store...

I think because I have the store showing...

You have to be signed in via *an* account for the store to show. If he’s signing in through Asmodee, then that should be allowing him to access the store.

I am having an extremely difficult time linking my android phone and tablet. Please contact me at my registered email to assist with this matter.

I've checked the FAQs and forums to no avail. I do not want to publicly post my email either.

Long story short, my phone is my 'main' device. The option to link android is greyed out. I tried desktop, just for the sake of troubleshooting, when entering the info on my tablet it says the pfid is invalid. I've restarted the app and tried a half dozen times. Always says invalid. Yes I double checked it.

Both devices are linked to my Google play services. The tablet will say it's linked to my Asmodee account when the information is entered but it doesn't link at all.

It is extremely difficult to check the forums on my device so I will not come back here. I will watch my email closely for tech supports response. Thank you for your time and assistance.