Progress between devices not syncing

realmgond

Question

I've been playing on my linked PC version (that I originally was playing on my iPad), and got one party to 5-5 and the other to 2-2. When I go back to my iPad, the first party is correct at 5-5, but the second party is only at 1-5. The gold is correctly matched between the two versions.

Is there something that I'm missing in syncing my progress between my devices? I have an asmodee account that is logged on to both, and I went through the PFID + Code linking option too. It's strange that they're only partially syncing.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Here's a generalized sync troubleshooting guide.  The goal is to try to force Device A to push an update to the server, then restart the app on the Device B to ensure it checks for new data.  Failing that, reinstalling on Device B can often help too.  Good luck!

On the device with "up-to-date" data:
1. Start the app, select Story (or quest), and chose a party
2. Once you are at the "overworld" and are given the opportunity to chose a scenario/difficulty, the game should have synced those characters up to the server
3. Starting a scenario and forfeiting it should sync that party save up to the server

On the device with "out-of-date" data:
1. Force quit the app and restart
2. When you see the "logged in" popup, it should have synced those characters (or saves) back down from the server

If the out-of-date device is just irredeemably off-sync, it may be easiest to delete that copy of the app and reinstall.  That way it can pull a fresh set of data back from the pathfinder cloud.

Well, I said this worked, but then I played a game on my iPad, and the results are not showing up on my PC. I tried "Starting a scenario and forfeiting it should sync that party save up to the server" but that didn't sync to the PC this time. This is really frustrating!

Well, I said this worked, but then I played a game on my iPad, and the results are not showing up on my PC. I tried "Starting a scenario and forfeiting it should sync that party save up to the server" but that didn't sync to the PC this time. This is really frustrating!

Hi realmgond, 

please pm me your pfid and i'll try and see what the issue is.