Where is the clear description of how Cards are managed

The way cards was managed previously was a mess, but at least I understood it. Now it's a complete mess and utterly incomprehensible to me. Does anybody have a good description of how the following interact

• Collection
  • Unclaimed Cards
  • Stash

Why do I have to add cards to my stash instead of to my Collection at the end of a Scenario?

Why can I no longer Salvage the unwanted Treasure cards in my Collection?

Ok.  To the best of my knowledge, here's how it works:

Collection:

- Known as "Gallery" or "Vault" in previous app versions.

- Pressing the "Collection" button on the main menu will show you:

- All Cards you are licensed to use 

- All treasure cards you have found

- Pressing the "Collection" button from inside a game/active party:

- All Cards you are licensed to use, up to the Adventure Deck number of the last played/current scenario 

- All treasure you are licensed to use, up to the Adventure Deck number of the last played/current scenario

- Player cannot edit or change the collection other than buying content or opening treasure chests

- It was previously possible to salvage treasure cards from the Gallery/Collection/Vault, but that feature does not appear to be present currently

Stash:

- The "card mule"

- Excess cards at the end of a scenario can be put in the stash (a 10-card side deck) or banished

- Between scenarios, cards can be drawn or deposited in the stash to facilitate inter-party trades or simply to save cards

Unclaimed Cards:

- Functionally linked to the stash, but not limited in size

- Player cannot add cards to the Unclaimed Cards section

- Player can draw cards from the Unclaimed Cards section into the stash to use them in their parties

- Opening a treasure chest will add copies of those cards to the Unclaimed Cards section, as well as adding them to your overall Collection

• Like 4

Stash:

- The "card mule"

- Excess cards at the end of a scenario can be put in the stash (a 10-card side deck) or banished

- Between scenarios, cards can be drawn or deposited in the stash to facilitate inter-party trades or simply to save cards

I get the idea of a mule, lol, its how i farmed for Poogs, but, i am currently at 43/10 in my stash, lol, how do i delete from there? or is that the missing salvage option?

Ok.  To the best of my knowledge, here's how it works:

Collection:

- Known as "Gallery" or "Vault" in previous app versions.

- Pressing the "Collection" button on the main menu will show you:

- All Cards you are licensed to use 

- All treasure cards you have found

- Pressing the "Collection" button from inside a game/active party:

- All Cards you are licensed to use, up to the Adventure Deck number of the last played/current scenario 

- All treasure you are licensed to use, up to the Adventure Deck number of the last played/current scenario

- Player cannot edit or change the collection other than buying content or opening treasure chests

- It was previously possible to salvage treasure cards from the Gallery/Collection/Vault, but that feature does not appear to be present currently

Stash:

- The "card mule"

Unclaimed Cards:

- Functionally linked to the stash, but not limited in size

- Player cannot add cards to the Unclaimed Cards section

- Player can draw cards from the Unclaimed Cards section into the stash to use them in their parties

- Opening a treasure chest will add copies of those cards to the Unclaimed Cards section, as well as adding them to your overall Collection

This is pretty much it.

Collection is essentially every card you have unlocked in the game. You can think of it as your card album. You don't necessarily have access to these cards in your active player decks, which will always consist of a subset of the cards from your collection, and which you will build and customize from adventure to adventure.

Stash is a place where you can store cards you've encountered in your adventures. Think of it as your overflow. You can only keep 10 cards in here at a time, and you'll need to sell the rest.

Unclaimed cards is a temporary place where cards you earn from purchases of chests, DLC, or other extras sit because you need to accept them in the game to complete the transaction. You can never put cards into Unclaimed, only take them from Unclaimed and put them into character's decks or your Stash.

• Like 3

I'm still confused! Probably because of the old functionality with the Vault and Salvaging.

Previously, my Vault showed (IIRC) every card instance that I had acquired - either through AD acquisition or through treasure/gifting/promo. If I ever had more instances of a card than I wanted I could Salvage from the Vault to gain Gold and manage the "probability" of gain certain cards during a Scenario. At the end of a Scenario, any card instances that I didn't retain in my character decks were "returned" to the Vault to be available for generating the deck for a Scenario.

Now, however, I cannot Salvage from the Vault at all. When I gain a new card instance it appears that I either have to put it in my Stack or Salvage it. This seems inferior to the previous situation where I could see how many instances of a card I had in my Vault before deciding when/whether to Salvage. Also, it  now appears that I am Salvaging cards such as Blessing of the Gods. How can I have "extra" copies of a standard card? This makes no sense to me. 

As for Unclaimed, are you saying that cards sit there permanently - until such time as they are added to a Character's Deck (and potentially moved out to the Stack)? That could get very unwieldy and difficult to manage as there is no structure to it compared to the Vault. If I Claim a card from Unclaimed and then Salvage it from the Stack does it get added to the Vault, or is it gone forever? I guess I don't understand how cards get added to the Collection with the new process - it just seems incredibly non-intuitive to me.

The card Collection is little more than a new name for the old Gallery/Vault.  Cards are not permanently added or removed from the Collection through play, only by adding content (treasure chests, DLC) or removing through salvage (appears to be a bug that it is missing?).

Post-game Stash "salvage" is a different process.  It is non-destructive.  The cards you sell aren't lost or removed from your collection.  You are just trading them for some gold on their way back to the "box."  For the longest time, the game used to do this automatically.  Every card you chose not to keep after the scenario was quietly exchanged for a few gold as a reward for acquiring it.  That automatic system got phased out around the introduction of Daily Challenges, and the Stash seems to have brought it back in a different form.

The Unclaimed section is certainly something new.  It is a buffer space for when the game wants to give your characters access to a card without having to find it in-game.  So far as I can guess, it was created partly in response to the "what happened to those cards from my treasure chests??" complaint.  When you open a treasure chest the contents are still added to your collection, but as an added bonus, a "courtesy copy" is immediately available for use in the Unclaimed tab.  

Opening a chest now has a tangible reward.  You no longer have to wonder if you'll ever see those cards again.  If a treasure chest reveals something you are interested in, you can simply grab a courtesy copy from the Unclaimed tab and add it to a deck.

Though, there are still some management issues to work through.  If you were to open 100 Treasure Chests, you add ~375 new cards to your Collection (presently unsalvageable) as well as 375 courtesy copies of those cards to your Unclaimed tab.  You have twice as much work ahead of you to prune down unwanted cards. 

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2

Aha! A lightbulb moment, thank you! :biggrin:  Now I get it that the Stack Salvage is non-destructive I can rest easy. Though, as we agree, there are some potential issues around managing both the Unclaimed stack and the Collection (now that Salvage has gone from Collection, I can't manage my distribution effectively -unlike previously). What the Devs give with one hand... :)

Edited by mccrispy
  • Like 2

I can understand how it now works, but I have to agree with mccrispy - the new design seems inferior to the old. It does seem less intuitive. Having the stash and unclaimed seems unnecessarily clunky.

In regards to the new unclaimed tab, and how all the treasure chests just automatically GIVE you the loot...I REALLY dislike this system. I want content to be added to my collection (aka your "box of cards" in relation to the physical game), that way I have to earn it via actual gameplay (like the vast majority of the cards). Adding in a system to simply buy chests that you can immediately add to your player decks seems like pay-to-win strategy...and does not make the game better.

I want this game to stay as "pure" as possible to the physical game, and I can't think of any instance that you can buy a card(s) with real money and instantaneously add it to your deck. The closest example would be the promo type cards, and even those you do nothing more than add them to your box (collection) for a chance to come across them during the course of play.

The unclaimed tab simply cheapens the experience. Keep this game as true as possible to the spirit of the original. Don't add in shortcuts for the lazy gamer who doesn't want to earn his/her cards the way the actual game was intended.

Does any one know about the purchased enhancements cards and the collection? I bought the spell improved finding traps and it showed up in unclaimed, but I couldn't find it in my collection. It also looks like I could buy it again. Is this limited by rarity like the new treasure card auto salvage? 

I was also wondering if cards in the stash are shuffled in to the deck to encounter when playing a scenario.

Does any one know about the purchased enhancements cards and the collection? I bought the spell improved finding traps and it showed up in unclaimed, but I couldn't find it in my collection. It also looks like I could buy it again. Is this limited by rarity like the new treasure card auto salvage?

I was also wondering if cards in the stash are shuffled in to the deck to encounter when playing a scenario.

I was wondering this as well. When I bought one, I just wanted it in my "box" like a normal card. I have no clue how to do that.

Honestly these card management changes make the game much worse and I'm losing almost all interest in this game. It really makes me frustrated and sad.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all who posted above. I just started playing again after a long break (got bored with no new content) and was struggling to understand why I had some items in unclaimed and how the tab works at all. I'm still not sure why I have a few items there since I haven't bought anything in awhile except the obsidian version -- should i have gotten a single copy of all of the legendary items to my unclaimed?? I have to agree with the other above as I play the new goblin scenarios, the unclaimed items takes away balance in the game. I shouldn't be able to add higher level items that I have never found and couldn't find with my low level characters. 

• Like 2

I'm still not sure why I have a few items there since I haven't bought anything in awhile except the obsidian version -- should i have gotten a single copy of all of the legendary items to my unclaimed?? 

The Obsidian edition should have put the PoE promo cards (Edér and Pallegina) and a small number of other legendaries in your stash.

From here on out, any treasure chests you open will drop a copy in the unclaimed tab, but you aren't getting "back cards" for previous chests, or a blanket "one of everything" grant because you got the Obsidian edition.

Edited by Ethics Gradient