Character disappeared!

Sogarth

Question

I was creating a couple of characters as mules, and then the deck management screen got into a weird state where the characters had double-sided arrows next to them. I force closed my game on iOS, but then one of my mule characters (Mule 1) appears to have been deleted on the server side, while the other character (Mule 2) is still present. Is it expected that characters will be randomly deleted (which would be really bad)? Is there any chance I can get cards on that character restored, if the character itself cannot be? The cards are no longer in my stash, and not surprisingly no longer in my unclaimed either. This included the Birdcruncher Crown and some of the loot cards, so it kinda hurts to have them disappear.

5 answers to this question

The same just happened to me within the past 30 minutes. I lost four characters (two main, two mules).

Based on this thread, we probably each need to submit a request for a dev to manually add cards to our characters. I'm guessing we would re-create the characters first before the dev can add cards manually.

I sometimes hope that there would be somekind of backup system to those save files...

You can contact the support@obsidian.net with your User ID (username #xxxx) and ask the support if They can find your character backup from their servers, but if the save file was corrupted some time ago it just means that it will broke again eventually. But who knows. It may be a worth to try.

In no particular order....

• I was able to get my Sajan back by (possibly?) doing some stupid stunts with an iOS restore on another device. Changes I made there were lost, but my Sajan showed up again when editing the party. It wouldn't surprise me if he's still corrupted, though, so I can't guarantee that if I leave him out of a party he won't disappear again.
Edited by Sogarth