Just bought Obsidian Ed for the PC - pro tips needed after tutorial

Hi y'all! :)

Well, what the title says:

Should I start playing the campaign and keep the gold coming?

Atm, I have like 5,600 gold coins and like 1,300 cards out of 3,800.

Or do I save the coins for new adventures (at 6,000 gc a piece)?

Should I bust open packs?

Which order is optimal for someone that wants to see new content and new cards revealed?

Cheers,

Indira

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

If you bought the game on Steam you already have all the adventures unlocked, you can't play them until you finish earlier adventures though. My advice is to make a team of 4 characters and jump in (or a team of 2 for super easy playing and quickly unlocking new things).

Pretty much any party of 4 can complete the game, but a good mixture with a divine caster (Lini / Seelah / Kyra) or Lem for healing is going to make your life easier.

In my opinion Seelah and Lem are two of the best characters to play for an easy game.

Edited by deny_conformity
  • Like 1

PFID: D31679A076922E6B

Thx for all those tips, deny_conformity! I'll get started then. Just picking my own little RPG party in a card game sounds like blast.

But first I'll check out that Paizo link. Ta, Fade2Gray!

A final question remains. What should I do with my gold? Buy a few well chosen cards for certain decks? (Some die skins do look neat)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

A final question remains. What should I do with my gold? Buy a few well chosen cards for certain decks? (Some die skins do look neat)

For me, the priorities would be: Characters (until you have at least 4, maybe 6), then first & second chapters, then the C deck (if it still sold separately these days - I'm not sure it is). Only then I would bother with cards, skins and chests...

Cheers!

Mauricio

You have the PC version, so cards and dice Are your options. You have allmost everything else. Also those rules could be usefull.

The basic version doesn't have the alts, so maybe that could be the priority (if they are still purchaseable with gold), no?

Cheers!

Mauricio

Edited by MauGibrin