Unable to Login - Steam Obsidian Edition

ItsAlways42

Question

When I attempt to start a new campaign/tutorial it indicates that I need to be signed in to earn gold, etc. I select login and the screen simply goes back to the primary selection hub. If I click "link social" in the top left no prompts appear.

I am unable to provide a PFID as under options one isn't provided. It gives me the version of the game, then PFID - <blank>

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and verified files at this point. So while I would like to play your game, having taken a look through your support forum it seems your title here has a severe history of being a mess.

Are you able to assist me without a PFID or is this just going to be a quick refund?

2 answers to this question

When I attempt to start a new campaign/tutorial it indicates that I need to be signed in to earn gold, etc. I select login and the screen simply goes back to the primary selection hub. If I click "link social" in the top left no prompts appear.

I am unable to provide a PFID as under options one isn't provided. It gives me the version of the game, then PFID -

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and verified files at this point. So while I would like to play your game, having taken a look through your support forum it seems your title here has a severe history of being a mess.

Are you able to assist me without a PFID or is this just going to be a quick refund?

Hello :) I pmed you with some instructions to help us out. Thanks!

• Like 1

As an update, MrBishop assisted me in narrowing down the issue and reported that the issue is with Steam itself. The solution was merely to exit steam and relaunch it. It then "sees" the game as properly installed and initializes correctly.

I've seen this in the past with games that were "pre-load" games that unlocked at a specific time of day and should have figured to give it a try beyond install/reinstall/verify files.

I should have gone with the old IT mindset of "have you restarted it?" ;)