So, if my memory is correct, 3 to 5 years have passed sense the events of Pillars of Eternity 1 by the time Pillars of Eternity 2 begins.

Question of the hour is, what has the Watcher been up to?

Adventuring?
Relaxing?
Dealing with politics?

Raising their kidnapped child (if they took it, anyway)

It would be interesting if we could chose what s/he has be been doing. Maybe get some sort of small bonus similar to picking our place of origin in Pillars of Eternity 1

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

I'd like to think the Watcher works with whomever rules Raedric's hold to prevent a power vacuum from befalling the Dyrwood after the fall of Caed Nua. Essentially growing the Gilded Vale into a formidable kingdom like Raedceres. One which operates as a satellite of Defiance Bay on behalf of the Free Palatinate of Dyrwood. Sort of a forward position against Raedceres.

• Like 1

I'd like to think the Watcher works with whomever rules Raedric's hold to prevent a power vacuum from befalling the Dyrwood after the fall of Caed Nua. Essentially growing the Gilded Vale into a formidable kingdom like Raedceres. One which operates as a satellite of Defiance Bay on behalf of the Free Palatinate of Dyrwood. Sort of a forward position against Raedceres.

Who said their was any ruler left in gilded vale to work with.  :devil:

• Like 4

It'd be nice to get an opportunity to backfill some of this through early-game dialogue.  (E.g., telling Aloth what you've been up to when you first meet him.)  Although it would also probably be possible to for the game to extrapolate a lot of it from your Pillars 1 end-state, if you're importing a character.  Caed Nua Security/Prestige levels, endgame wealth, the state of the Dyrwood government, how you resolved certain quests, your Act 2 faction alliance, rulership style based on reputations, etc.

• Like 5

The Watcher spent 5 years pissing off Eothas. Eothas couldn't take it anymore so he walked out smashing everything. Of course, as the nice douchebag he or she is, the Watcher runs after him to piss him off some more.

Watcher finds Eothas minding his own business, sometime somewhere in Deadfire: "Eothas wait. I need to ask you: why? What did I do that pissed you off so much?". The question will be answered in Deadfire's expansion "Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire - A Question Worth An Expansion".

Edited by Sedrefilos

It'd be nice to get an opportunity to backfill some of this through early-game dialogue.  (E.g., telling Aloth what you've been up to when you first meet him.)  Although it would also probably be possible to for the game to extrapolate a lot of it from your Pillars 1 end-state, if you're importing a character.  Caed Nua Security/Prestige levels, endgame wealth, the state of the Dyrwood government, how you resolved certain quests, your Act 2 faction alliance, rulership style based on reputations, etc.

I like the way your think, friendo.

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

In my ending the Watcher disappeared, left Dyrwood (became a wanderer). How would that tie into it all? (Pre-expansion, pre-patches)

Although it doesn't matter now (all my savegames are gone after I wanted to play around with Eternity Keeper :/). I'm just wondering in case I'd end up at the same place with my current character.

In my ending the Watcher disappeared, left Dyrwood (became a wanderer). How would that tie into it all? (Pre-expansion, pre-patches)

You dreamed you were in Dracogen Inn with Eder, reminiscing the old times. You saw his face turn serious all of a sudden when you heard the words: "...maybe the gods weren't finished with us" you woke up sweating.Got out the bed quietly not to wake up the ginger, got dressed, paid the madam handsomely for the past 6 months and left the brothel that morning. Got aboard a ship destined for Dyrwood, all the while hoping you won't miss the delicasies of Aedyr Empire.

You didn't know what to feel when you found nothing's changed in your court, except for the long list of appointments amassed. 

You dreamed you were in Dragocen Inn again but you were upstairs in Dragon's Lair, lying abed. Eder was sat on a chair by the hearth, his pipe in his hand staring at the flames, muttered: "...sooner or later we all have to wake up".

You realized it really happened.

• Like 2