Will this show up on GoG soon?

Is there an estimated time of arrival for those of us who use GoG? Been looking forward to this for a while.

Depending on the changes required for the GoG build it could be many weeks. We probably won't have those discussions until next week, though. Once we have more information about the GoG timeline we will let the community know.

Are you planning to at least keep Android cross-compatibility with the GoG version? I would very much like to be able to access my PC party on my Android phone and vice-versa.

Since we are going to have to change the build I can't say for 100% certainty how it will play out, but the original plan was for online GoG users to have parity with Steam users. Linking will most likely work exactly like it does on Steam.

Thank you for your answers. I hope it turns out well. I'm really looking forward to this and am hoping the GoG version isn't severely crippled like some other release in order to make it DRM-free.

I've played the android version for a bit and am loving it - holding off on spending anything until I can get my hands on the GoG version.

Is there an estimated time of arrival for those of us who use GoG? Been looking forward to this for a while.

Depending on the changes required for the GoG build it could be many weeks. We probably won't have those discussions until next week, though. Once we have more information about the GoG timeline we will let the community know.

This is quite disappointing, considering how the PC release was being marketed as becoming available on both platforms... Did this sneak up on you guys, or?

Either way, I really enjoyed the Android version, and I'll be waiting for the GOG version too. Good luck!

• Like 1

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to buy the game on GOG as well. Are you still planning on releasing it there or did you give up the idea?

Literally the post above yours :(

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I read it but it isn't clear whether Flounder was only answering Mygaffer's question or saying that for the future also. Besides I don't understand why GOG wouldn't allow an online feature (whatever that is) now, given that Galaxy requires you to connect to track game time, achievements, etc.

“Nope, no GoG”

Seems pretty definitive.

As for the online feature, developers are always at the whim of the host. I’m sure that Obsidian is just as bewildered as you are.

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

As for the online feature, developers are always at the whim of the host. I’m sure that Obsidian is just as bewildered as you are.

Part of the GOG philosophy is that games should work the same whether online or not, and that in-game stores and RNG-crates like the treasure chests aren't allowed.

GOG Pathfinder would have to be an entirely standalone experience, or all the other platforms would have to be changed to play by GOG rules.  Seems like a mess either way.

• Like 2

I understand. Thanks for the answers!

I guess I'll overcome my reluctance and buy it on Steam. It's weird I didn't read about Pathfinder Adventures before because I'm always on the lookout for that kind of games. I enjoyed Talisman and Gremlins Inc. a lot and it seems this game may be just as fun.

• Like 1

I understand. Thanks for the answers!

I guess I'll overcome my reluctance and buy it on Steam. It's weird I didn't read about Pathfinder Adventures before because I'm always on the lookout for that kind of games. I enjoyed Talisman and Gremlins Inc. a lot and it seems this game may be just as fun.

Great game. Steam says I’ve logged 500 hours. Pretty sure I’ve dwarfed that number on my phone.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...