Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Still crashing under new patch 1.2.6.1

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Bigmre

Bigmre

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
It crashes if I try to use my established party too. Anything involving access to any type of party causes the crash. It started after update 1.2.6 (or whatever it was). Commonly mentioned in App Store reviews, as I mentioned in my pm.

stbassy

stbassy

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts

So crashing at the party creation screen is usually an indication of a memory issue. Unfortunately, you won't be able to fix it yourself because you can't even reach the screen :( So if you're affected by this issue (crashing at party creation), please PM me your PFID.

Just saw this after I posted.

Mine is: 6919456783fc5ee2

I just tried shutting-down all other apps, and there is 1.8G HDD left on my iphone7 device, but "new-game" still crashes (exits the app)

You have 22 characters which I believe is what is causing the issue. Unfortunately the current state of the character system is a bit unoptimized so this is what I'm going to do: I will temporarily delete some of your low level (low progression) characters. Once the patch comes in with the optimization fixes, I'll re-add them to your account.

Please let me know if this fixes / doesn't fix your issue.

That does work.
I see now I have 13 characters.
But... wasnt the cap at 24?
I would have thought 22 to be still reasonable...
But anyway, can you let me know what the effective cap should be?

Ie: if I created a new game with 6 chars, that's 19 chars total. Will i run into the same issue? Or should I keep it at 13 and under? (In which case, i will need to delete chars now again)

DrDior

DrDior

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 108 posts

So crashing at the party creation screen is usually an indication of a memory issue. Unfortunately, you won't be able to fix it yourself because you can't even reach the screen :( So if you're affected by this issue (crashing at party creation), please PM me your PFID.

I just tried shutting-down all other apps, and there is 1.8G HDD left on my iphone7 device, but "new-game" still crashes (exits the app)

You have 22 characters which I believe is what is causing the issue. Unfortunately the current state of the character system is a bit unoptimized so this is what I'm going to do: I will temporarily delete some of your low level (low progression) characters. Once the patch comes in with the optimization fixes, I'll re-add them to your account.

I started reporting this problem months ago. I have only 18 (fully raised and high level equipment ) characters and I have not been able to play on Mobile since the PC version was released. So, removing a couple characters from 22 may not be enough.

stbassy

stbassy

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts
Dang. Some other folks reported similar issues.
You willing to delete some of those chars so you can keep playing?

At 13 chars, it looks ok now.

Gamerfergy

Gamerfergy

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts

Same problem as others....can't create new party...iPad app crashes. Pls help. My PFID is 906442B267326A46

mattpho

mattpho

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
Hello all I had similar issue playing on my IOS iPhone 6. Game crashes whenever I continue or start a party. I deleted and download the game again from App Store which fixed it for me. Now I can access everything again. Hope it helps as I know it gets frustrating
  • tagar likes this

Gamerfergy

Gamerfergy

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts

Hello all I had similar issue playing on my IOS iPhone 6. Game crashes whenever I continue or start a party. I deleted and download the game again from App Store which fixed it for me. Now I can access everything again. Hope it helps as I know it gets frustrating

Matt, when you did that, did it keep all your purchases, etc? My biggest concern ncern with deleted and downloading again is losing the $25 I paid for all content....plus the gold I've amassed. Is this info kept in the cloud and then retrieved when you reinstalled?

Ian

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1606 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Reinstall without fear. As long as you have been playing online regularly (collecting gold, see the "logged in" popup when you start the game), it means you should be synced up to the cloud.

After a reinstall it will come right back from the server.
  • Gamerfergy likes this

Gamerfergy

Gamerfergy

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts

Reinstall without fear. As long as you have been playing online regularly (collecting gold, see the "logged in" popup when you start the game), it means you should be synced up to the cloud.
After a reinstall it will come right back from the server.

Thanks Ethics, it worked like a charm!
  • Ethics Gradient likes this

Gamerfergy

Gamerfergy

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts
Spoke too soon! Now it is crashing again....

Only 11 saved characters.... I deleted the others. My PFID is 906442B267326A46

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Do you have cards in the unclaimed tab? They Also eats memory, so removing all cards from the tab and stash can help a Little. More memory seems to help too. I have iPad Air2 and I has been working without any problems when people with iPad Air1 have had problems. (Air2 has 2Gb memory Air1 Ha 1Gb memory) Also some people has said that They can run the game in their PC and PC most likely have a lot more system memory.
So if you have a device with 1Gb or 512Mb memory should stay using only one croup / max 6 persons and keep those unclaimed and stash as clean as possible or wait for the patch that reduce the memory footprint.
  • tagar likes this

Gamerfergy

Gamerfergy

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts

The lack of memory could be it. I have iPad Air2 and it is working like a charm. Only 14 characters and 2 Gb memory when iPad Air 1 that seems to have problems only have 1Gb memory.

Do you have cards in the unclaimed tab? They Also eats memory, so removing all cards from the tab and stash can help a Little. More memory seems to help too. I have iPad Air2 and I has been working without any problems when people with iPad Air1 have had problems. (Air2 has 2Gb memory Air1 Ha 1Gb memory) Also some people has said that They can run the game in their PC and PC most likely have a lot more system memory.
So if you have a device with 1Gb or 512Mb memory should stay using only one croup / max 6 persons and keep those unclaimed and stash as clean as possible or wait for the patch that reduce the memory footprint.

I know you are trying to be helpful, but the game is completely screwed this time. I have 6 GB free and no characters and it keeps crashing. Just wait, you'll find that your game will not work soon too.

stutzj

stutzj

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Same problem here. I do have an older system (Nook HD+) but is has been running with no major problems since release. Kind of sucks since I'm on deck 6. I've dropped a good amount of money into this game so pretty frustrating. 

tagar

tagar

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

Could you do the same for me? Id: atagaridis #9450
Thanks!

tagar

tagar

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
Pfid: 2D40D3F14D936853

tagar

tagar

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
Oops, I meant 2D04D3F14D936853, thanks!

(Please help!)

tagar

tagar

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
Never mind I corrected it myself. For those interested: find a device to install the app that has more memory than the one you're using. Then link the games in the two devices. Finally around the app on the new device and delete the extra characters that cause the memory problem .
  • Hannibal_PJV likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users