Still crashing under new patch 1.2.6.1

OrcishBard

Question

Saves are still gone, although i do not mind start all new. The problem is i still can not create a party, because it crashes when i press the new button on my ipad air and on my iphone 6+.

But the asmodee login worked. But i could not play the game now for 3 days, makes me very sad as i played daily.

I saw an IOS version update this morning, and thought "Awesome...I'll be able to play now" (because I had no active parties, and I was not able to create a party...hence, unable to play).

However, the version update appears as though this issue has still not been solved, and party creation is still not working.

(on an iPad 4, with fully updated IOS)

Just saw another iOS patch pushed through. I guess you can access sores and such now, but funny enough, I STILL can't play the game. I guess I could register with the new account to sync with the steam version or visit the store, but not actually play...

I saw yet ANOTHER ios update this morning, and after installing it, I STILL can't play the game.

When will you guys fix party creation?!?! I haven't played in several months, and only decided to come back a few days ago...but since doing so I haven't been able to play due to this issue.

Please fix your game...it is very annoying being unable to play a game I paid for.

It looks like the gut feeling that when I thought real support for the mobile apps would be out on the backburner when the pay to play Steam version came out may be what's happening. It's been about a week since the update that got rid of quest mode and has made it crash every time anything involving the party is concerned.

Of course the store (which is potential revenue) was corrected the next day.

I got my PC (basic) version nicely linked up. After checking things out, I deleted my Mobile IOS PA app. After reinstalling and adding a patch, I still can't play on Mobile.

So far, I can play on the PC copy

That's what I mean. The mobile app is free, the PC version isn't, so naturally which product is going to get more attention?

I don't use my PC for games, so the mobile app is my option and it is currently useful for just taking up storage space on my phone.

bump.

I suppose I can understand that a fix will come when the developers feel it is ready... but can we at least have a dev reply and acknowledge this is a problem, and it is being under investigation / fixed ?

(and if not, then let us know too... though I hope that won't be the case)

I've been asking for some kind of update on the update or fix to no avail. I suppose they're putting everything into the steam release bug fixes and giving compensation to those players who were effected by problems (as per a thread on the GA board if I remember correctly).

I'm not holding my breath and have uninstalled the game until I see a fix has been implemented through App Store.

So crashing at the party creation screen is usually an indication of a memory issue. Unfortunately, you won't be able to fix it yourself because you can't even reach the screen :( So if you're affected by this issue (crashing at party creation), please PM me your PFID.

• Like 1

It would be disappointing if developing-resources were put on steam and not on mobile. Especially, considering the mobile customer base contains already-paying customers.

For all the cash earned on steam, ppl will look at this mobile-patch/bug-experience as a precursor at how the dev-team operates, and think twice (or thrice) before buying future products.

But, to be fair, I do see responses on the other threads. So let's hope they'll get to this one eventually.

(Devs: Again, I'm not saying "i want this fixed 'yesterday'" .... I'm just asking for an acknowledgement that the you guys and gals see, CAN REPRODUCE problem, and will be doing something about it in the reasonably-near-future. Hope that's not too much to ask....)

So crashing at the party creation screen is usually an indication of a memory issue. Unfortunately, you won't be able to fix it yourself because you can't even reach the screen :( So if you're affected by this issue (crashing at party creation), please PM me your PFID.

Just saw this after I posted.

Mine is: 6919456783fc5ee2

I just tried shutting-down all other apps, and there is 1.8G HDD left on my iphone6 device, but "new-game" still crashes (exits the app)

Edited by stbassy

I just tried shutting-down all other apps, and there is 1.8G HDD left on my iphone7 device, but "new-game" still crashes (exits the app)

You have 22 characters which I believe is what is causing the issue. Unfortunately the current state of the character system is a bit unoptimized so this is what I'm going to do: I will temporarily delete some of your low level (low progression) characters. Once the patch comes in with the optimization fixes, I'll re-add them to your account.

Please let me know if this fixes / doesn't fix your issue.

• Like 1

It crashes if I try to use my established party too. Anything involving access to any type of party causes the crash. It started after update 1.2.6 (or whatever it was). Commonly mentioned in App Store reviews, as I mentioned in my pm.

I just tried shutting-down all other apps, and there is 1.8G HDD left on my iphone7 device, but "new-game" still crashes (exits the app)

You have 22 characters which I believe is what is causing the issue. Unfortunately the current state of the character system is a bit unoptimized so this is what I'm going to do: I will temporarily delete some of your low level (low progression) characters. Once the patch comes in with the optimization fixes, I'll re-add them to your account.

That does work.

I see now I have 13 characters.

But... wasnt the cap at 24?

I would have thought 22 to be still reasonable...

But anyway, can you let me know what the effective cap should be?

Ie: if I created a new game with 6 chars, that's 19 chars total. Will i run into the same issue? Or should I keep it at 13 and under? (In which case, i will need to delete chars now again)

I started reporting this problem months ago. I have only 18 (fully raised and high level equipment ) characters and I have not been able to play on Mobile since the PC version was released. So, removing a couple characters from 22 may not be enough.

Same problem as others....can't create new party...iPad app crashes. Pls help. My PFID is 906442B267326A46

Hello all I had similar issue playing on my IOS iPhone 6. Game crashes whenever I continue or start a party. I deleted and download the game again from App Store which fixed it for me. Now I can access everything again. Hope it helps as I know it gets frustrating

• Like 1