So much crashing, you guys...

Johnny Chronicle

Question

Please help!

The update has been pretty disastrous for me. I can't put a finger on exactly what's triggering crashes, because it seems I can't do ANYTHING without crashing.

It got so bad that I tried a delete and reinstall. After that, four parties of characters I had completed the entire AP with were gone. And it's now showing my more recently created parties as having completed scenarios I know they have not.

On the plus side, I do appear to have received the correct Quest Mode bonuses, and all my Collection stuff appears to be intact.

However, it seems like there's barely a blue arrow I can click without the game crashing. I'd like to try out some of these new features, but it's unplayable in its current state.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

mayswitner #1738

pfid F618D68727B90C2E

22 answers to this question

My Purchases are okay, but i lost al mysaves. So i wanted to start a new party, but as soon i hit the new party button, plenty of seconds load screen after that it crashes. I can not play this game at the moment. I tried on my IpadAir and also on my Iphone6+ even with reinstalling, but i do always get the crash when trying to build a new party.

I'm having the same issue on my iPhone 6+. I can get to select party menu, but when I try, it crashes. First time I tried I got to the adventure selection screen, but it crashed when I tried to modify my party. It also crashes if I try to create a new party.

• Like 1

I have also had a couple crashes, once when backing out from the deck building/stash screen after swapping some cards and once when trying to continue my game after adding characters (already existing from before the patch) to my party. Didn't really test further since the game seems unstable at the moment and I don't want to lose progress or have something weird happen to my characters.

I am playing on an iPad Mini 2 with iOS 10.3.2

I'm having the same issues with party creation, on an iPad 4. I got to the party creation menu, but there are no circles at the bottom, and as soon as I click a character's portrait at the top, most stuff on the page freezes. I can still click the back button.

I don't have any active parties at the moment, and as such, the game is completely unplayable for me.

I have crash at attempt to start a new party (can load old ones fine), crash on completition of last tutorial mission, crash if after it I press 'continue' button

Also, trying to create asmodee account causes ipad to really slow down during entering email - like 1 second pause after button press before letter appearing. Then, when it comes to entering nickname - no letters appear in nickname field

I'm using IPad Air, latest iOS. Please, make game playable again. Or at least confirm that if I'd link my account to the comin PC version - I won't encounter those bugs.

I have also had a couple crashes, once when backing out from the deck building/stash screen after swapping some cards and once when trying to continue my game after adding characters (already existing from before the patch) to my party. Didn't really test further since the game seems unstable at the moment and I don't want to lose progress or have something weird happen to my characters.

I am playing on an iPad Mini 2 with iOS 10.3.2

Mine fairly commonly crashes at the same areas (backing out from deck building or after adding characters). First time it happened I lost my entire current party of Story characters too! After that initial disaster I haven't had much trouble beyond the occasional need to reload the game, but I could see the wisdom in holding off playing a bit till things are more stable. You don't want to lose your party like myself or OP. 

I should note that while they can't just restore my characters as-is, the dev staff here in the forums have been very responsive and done what they can to fix the loss, so props to them.

Just a bump in an effort to try and get some sort of update on when a mobile based fix will be released to fix the constant crashing bug (and I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and cannot do anything that requires access to any party of characters without the game crashing.

If everyone can pm me their PFID, that would be great :)

Please help!

The update has been pretty disastrous for me. I can't put a finger on exactly what's triggering crashes, because it seems I can't do ANYTHING without crashing.

It got so bad that I tried a delete and reinstall. After that, four parties of characters I had completed the entire AP with were gone. And it's now showing my more recently created parties as having completed scenarios I know they have not.

On the plus side, I do appear to have received the correct Quest Mode bonuses, and all my Collection stuff appears to be intact.

However, it seems like there's barely a blue arrow I can click without the game crashing. I'd like to try out some of these new features, but it's unplayable in its current state.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

mayswitner #1738

pfid F618D68727B90C2E

I have a sneaking suspicion you're running into a memory issue with having too many characters. We're looking to optimize our character system so before then, if you're on mobile please watch how many characters you're creating.

Johnny, I've deleted some of your characters so you can at least load into the create party scene. Please let me know if this works.

Can confirm that my game still crashes on 1.2.6.3 (iPad Mini 2 with iOS 10.3.2), at the same place as before: from the party selection screen, edit a character's deck, then either press the red back button or the teal forward button, crashes out in the middle of the loading screen. I have exactly one of each character (11 characters), but this crash happens even if the party only has one character in it.

Oddly, starting a game then forfeiting to go to the post-scenario deck editing screen does not cause a crash, at least the one time I tried it.

• Like 1

I know you are trying to be helpful, but the game is completely screwed this time. I have 6 GB free and no characters and it keeps crashing. Just wait, you'll find that your game will not work soon too.

You have iPad mini2. It has 1Gb system memory and that seems to be too Little a this moment. You Are talking about storage memory, not ram. 6 Gb storage memory is just fine, you Are running out of ram memory.

And this is a big problem because most iDevices have only 1Gb ram. Only the iPad pro and new iPad, iPad mini 4, iPhone6s, iPhone 7 and iPad Air2 has more. Most phones has less than that too, so most available iDevices have this problem at this moment and when most of those devices have a problem... well it is quite bad. I hope that the next patch come Sooner than later, but They have to reprogram a lot of things, so that the program eat less system ram.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I know I'm not the first to say this Hannibal, but I have no idea why you are making excuses for a game that isn't working when you don't even work for Obsidian. You have no idea what device I am using and it shouldn't even matter. It is in the App Store---IT SHOULD JUST WORK.

I have been playing this game since, LITERALLY, day 1 of its public launch. There have been bugs along the way this past year or so, but this time the developers have made the game UNPLAYABLE for some of us. This is the worst FU I've seen from this game.

I don't care why the game isn't working. Bottom line, obsidian should never have put in an update that would render the game UNPLAYABLE. It is completely unacceptable and they better fix this ASAP.

This is a tech support forum---let's hear from the devolpers about what they are going to do to fix this ridiculous problem NOW.

*sigh* the devs have allready ansvered this question in this same treath, And Many other threats. "They Are going to try to modify the code so that it does not eat so much system memory..."

See the MrBishops ansver above.

And, no the situation is not too good because Most iOs devices seems to be affected by this problem and most likely Many Android devices too and it needs to be remedied. Too Little testing has been a problem with this project From the beta release. I have been following this project From that time and customed to read these threats and try to give collected pieces of information that has been / is all around these millions of messages to people who ask questions, if the devs has allready given ansvers or some other Reader has found the information.

So no defending the devs actually, but They can not give better ansvers Until They have one that can solve this and Many other problems.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

This is a tech support forum---let's hear from the devolpers about what they are going to do to fix this ridiculous problem NOW.

As Hannibal said, MrBishop addressed the issue in this very thread; they are aware of the problem with the game being rendered unplayable for some users; there is a work around that has worked for some people. Unless they have a revised work-around that works better or an incoming patch, what else can they say beyond restating that they're working on the issue?  Genuinely curious - would it be helpful for one of the developers to come in and say "we have no update, but we're aware of the problem and are working to fix it" periodically?  Or would that just be a further annoyance?  I ask because it sounds like the only answer you want to hear is 'it is fixed' and that doesn't appear to be the case yet.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man