Patch 1.2.6 Preview: Pathfinder on PC!

New update rolled out, and quest mode got removed. I lost all progression including purchased adventures and characters... Excellent job, I'll be sure to avoid the steam release and any other game made by these developers.

Did you log into Asmodee.net?

Do you need an Asmodee.net account for any of this?  If so, what for?

New update rolled out, and quest mode got removed. I lost all progression including purchased adventures and characters... Excellent job, I'll be sure to avoid the steam release and any other game made by these developers.

Did you log into Asmodee.net?

Do you need an Asmodee.net account for any of this?  If so, what for?

Beats me.  But trying to log into Asmodee.net will delete your existing runs (not hero progress) and all purchased DLC.  Closing the app and relaunching it will restore your purchased DLC, but not your existing runs.  I experienced this bug, as did others.

Also strange: I've created brand new party and compleeted the first scenario Brigandoom. But on the overview screen it already shows three checkmarks as if I had completed it on every difficulty level.

Please, fix this

Also strange: I've created brand new party and compleeted the first scenario Brigandoom. But on the overview screen it already shows three checkmarks as if I had completed it on every difficulty level.

Please, fix this

I think that that is how it should work. One party opens all difficulties to all croups, but it is so long time when I last time did new croup that I am not sure of this though. Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Please, fix this

I think that that is how it should work. One party opens all difficulties to all croups, but it is so long time when Imlast time did new croup that I am not sure of this though.

That was my experience; I started a solo Lem playthrough recently and all difficulty options were available to him from the start.

Actually, no.

You dont't get gold the second time, yes. But instead of checked checkboxes (and instead of locked checkboxes) there should be unckecked checkboxes.

Especially due to the fact that in character sheet for characters the Completion tab shows the correct progress

Actually, no.

You dont't get gold the second time, yes. But instead of checked checkboxes (and instead of locked checkboxes) there should be unckecked checkboxes.

Especially due to the fact that in character sheet for characters the Completion tab shows the correct progress

Er, from memory, no, they've always been checked checkboxes (at least since I've been playing) if I try again with a new party and/or new characters. I've always had to go to the Completion tab to know what has or hasn't been completed explicitly. I always assumed a part of that was limiting gold grinding to Legendary difficulty missions or (formerly) Quest Mode.

Also:

How do I add new cards to collection?

If I buy Enhancements or get cards from chests - they go to Unclaimed tab, where I can give them to characters (which is lame by itself since I can give Deck6 card to a newly created characters, but anyway).

The cards I got before the update are still available in collection (though I can not salvage them anymore), but how can I add new cards into collection, so I can encounter them in location decks during scenarios?

Also:

If I buy Enhancements or get cards from chests - they go to Unclaimed tab, where I can give them to characters (which is lame by itself since I can give Deck6 card to a newly created characters, but anyway).

The cards I got before the update are still available in collection (though I can not salvage them anymore), but how can I add new cards into collection, so I can encounter them in location decks during scenarios?

They're technically already in your collection, you just can't encounter them until you put them into your stash and then banish them, I believe. Though admittedly moving cards from the unclaimed tab to the stash is a bit tedious, as you have to (as far as I can tell) first add them to a character deck and then to the stash.

And yeah it seem a bit unbalanced that you can give high deck cards to beginner level characters.

Edited by ylvglo

PFID-141DBD51FD7F535C

Also:

They're technically already in your collection, you just can't encounter them until you put them into your stash and then banish them, I believe. Though admittedly moving cards from the unclaimed tab to the stash is a bit tedious, as you have to (as far as I can tell) first add them to a character deck and then to the stash.

And yeah it seem a bit unbalanced that you can give high deck cards to beginner level characters.

I'd reeeally like clarification on this point.  If you buy (from chests or enhancements) then immediately banish so you can actually play the game organically, the banished treasure and enhancements are floating out there to now find during game, correct?  Maybe it explains it in tutorials somewhere that I never saw? My uncertainty here has me not buying anything new.

The Stash was a very useful addition, especially for people like me who don't want to ditch all the pretty artifact rewards but have no interest in using them.  The Unclaimed tab has just added a bunch of confusion and cheapness to a good system.

No, they are technically not in my collection. Because when I go to Collection through main menu, it says I unlocked 1208 cards out of 1318.

How do I unlock the rest 110 cards?

That card counter in the top-right has never been particularly accurate.  The way it counts cards, it may also be including content that it internally knows about, but isn't formally part of the game yet.  I had a post about that forever ago, and that number you see is something along the lines of:

1318 = (Campaign Cards so far, incl. dupes) + (Active Treasure Cards, 1 ea.) + (:cough: Inactive Cards :cough: :shifty:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Tl:dr it's now pay to win. There is a pc version. Quest mode is gone. No new content after what, an year? I can't understand what people is happy about.

Co-signed.

The best part of this game has been gutted. A long-term player like myself, after months of waiting, is forced to upgrade and in doing so loses a headline feature in return for a few bug fixes and the opportunity to pay again. As a 'thank you' for playing quest mode, we get tossed a few chests - and that reward is buggy. Classic.

You guys made a pretty great (tho buggy) game with a flawed business model. In an attempt to salvage the bottom line somewhat, we now have a much worse game with a still-flawed business model. Everything about this game's development history has been backwards.

The usual plan is to start with a paid release on PC where titles typically can charge more. Work that out, then potentially move to a mobile platform where there's a much larger, but much more price-sensitive audience - but you might be able to include micro transactions to help offset as well. Going the other direction seems much riskier.

I hope things work out and that this game gets continuing development, but I fear that with this update Obsidian has finally put a bullet into this project. I look at Pathfinder as an excellent foundation, and the mobile version as a great idea with mediocre-to-poor execution. If this is the end, what lessons do decision makers take away from this? :/

It seems like we were right. Both platforms are unsupported and dead, nobody even bothered to review the PC port and the few who did trashed it as a pay to win bad game. I uninstalled it from my iPad without even spending the gold I carefully got with daily gold bundles, waiting for a new character/chapter deal that never came, while the bundles were still at a foolish 24€ (you can buy an AAA 3-months old game for that price today guys, feels like you didnt even try to get money). 

• Like 1

Uh...they released a patch a few weeks ago. And devs have dropped hints they are working on new content (though we have no idea what size scope).

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

New content is always good.

If old content is polished enough.

Ranzak is bugged as hell. Tonzilliti, presumably, too (have not tried yet). Fighter's Tale withour card rewards. Shop desyncs. Glitchy interface.

This game needs one more fix wave before new content.

Performance update too - the game loaded in like 30 seconds on my older tablet at around 1.1 update, it's 2-4 minutes on newer tablet nowadays.

I like this game. In fact it's best card game Google Store can offer at a moment.

Even without disregarding crazy pricing and queer interface.

But hell, more than year passed - and the game still looks and feels like friggin Early Access...

So, if I recall correctly, the development team is a single digit in size. Of that, the dev team is 3 people. plus a lead.

If the agreement with the publisher (the people who provide the money) stipulates that certain milestones (the new content that they hope will reimburse them) are met by certain deadlines, then that doesn't leave a whole lot of people for bug fixes. Which might be why we only get patches every couple of months.

This game is not self-published. Obsidian doesn't get to decided what gets worked on and when. They have to negotiate for it. I think is says a lot about the publisher and the developer that patches are still coming. 

With that said; yes, both the DLCs still have a lot of bugs. Tontelizi is pretty much unplayable, however Goblins *mostly* works. The Fighter's Tale cards can be cleared up with an email to support. And yes, I would have liked to have known that the game sucks on iPads before I bought one.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

So, if I recall correctly, the development team is a single digit in size. Of that, the dev team is 3 people. plus a lead.

If the agreement with the publisher (the people who provide the money) stipulates that certain milestones (the new content that they hope will reimburse them) are met by certain deadlines, then that doesn't leave a whole lot of people for bug fixes. Which might be why we only get patches every couple of months.

This game is not self-published. Obsidian doesn't get to decided what gets worked on and when. They have to negotiate for it. I think is says a lot about the publisher and the developer that patches are still coming. 

With that said; yes, both the DLCs still have a lot of bugs. Tontelizi is pretty much unplayable, however Goblins *mostly* works. The Fighter's Tale cards can be cleared up with an email to support. And yes, I would have liked to have known that the game sucks on iPads before I bought one.

Why do you think the game sucks on iPad? I've been playing on mine since release and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Would love a Quest mode back, but I've put hundreds of hours into it and had a blast!

• Like 1