Patch 1.2.6 Preview: Pathfinder on PC!

New

Looking for what will be new in patch 1.2.6? You can check it out here!

Pathfinder Adventures will be available for PC and Mac on June 15th! Here is what you can except when the game is released.

Please note that PlayFab servers will be down for a brief moment while game goes live and is being updated for few hours. So if you come across and issues while updating the game on your mobile devices, please try again in a few hours.

• PC versions can be purchased through Steam and GoG.
  • Mac versions can be purchased through Steam and the Mac Store.

Account Merging

• With the release of the computer versions of Pathfinder Adventures we know that many players will want to retain their progress from the mobile versions.
  • You will now be able to merge your accounts together and progress on one will be shared with the other and vice versa. (may require restarting app to allow download of saves/characters/etc.)

Runes

Runes are items that can be purchased with gold that provide small bonuses in game.

• Runes can be purchased either in the store or the scenario selection screen.
  • Timed runes can only be activated on the scenario selection screen.

8LVk92T.jpg

Most runes have timers. Purchasing and activating multiple runes will add to the timer. For example, if you buy and activate 2 of the same runes with one hour timers you will have that effect for 2 hours.

Currently, the runes in game are:

• Rune of Wealth (4 hours/12 hours)
    • Doubles gold acquisition for a set amount of tim 
  • Rune of Savagery (1 hour/4 hours/12 hours)
    • Adds a +1 bonus to combat checks for a set amount of time 
  • Rune of Shielding (1 hour/4 hours/12 hours)
    • Reduces damage by 1 for a set amount of time 
  • Rune of Pilfering (1 hour/4 hours/12 hours)
    • Adds a +1 bonus to checks for acquiring boons for a set amount of time 
  • Rune of Wonder (5 Runes/10 Runes/25 Runes)
    • Doubles the chance of finding Rare, Epic or Legendary items from chests, consumes 1 rune per chest opening 

Charms

Charms are one-off bonuses that you can purchase and are activated while in a scenario

2P2cvbn.jpg

• Charms are not actually consumed until the action is confirmed.
  • All Charm usage can be cancelled using the cancel button.
  • Charms can be purchased in-game on the fly or from the store.
  • The maximum amount of charms you can have at a time is 99.
  • Charms cannot be used offline.
  • Only icons of charms that can currently be used will be lit up in the new charms panel.

Charms currently in game are:

• Soul Soap
    • Allows the player to bypass the closing check on a location if the check difficulty is 15 or les 
  • Spyglass
    • Allows the player to Examine a card on top of a specific deck 
  • Scroll of Guidance
    • Adds a +2 bonus to the current check that is performed by the player 
  • Scroll of Aid
    • Adds a 1d4 to the current check 
  • Prayer Beads
    • Adds a die to the current check 
  • Holy Candle
    • Adds 1d6 blessings to the blessings desk 
  • Scroll of Cure
    • Reshuffles 1d4 cards from discard to the character’s deck.

Probability Calculator

We have included a probability calculator whenever you have a check in game to help display if you need a little extra dice action to add to your rolls!

G9v6zzP.jpg

Tutorial Revamp

• Our tutorial has been remade from a single tutorial to a 5-part tutorial.
  • It is designed to help ease new players to our UI and systems.
  • Now provides rewards that can be used after completing the tutorial.
  • Stash and Unclaimed panels
  • Runes are items that can be purchased that provide small bonuses

New Cards

Here are all the cards that are available for purchase with in game gold only:

• Mountain Pattern:

Recharge this card to reduce Combat damage dealt to you by 3.

Banish this card to reduce all damage dealt to you to 0; if proficient with heavy armors, bury it instead.

• Gray Gardener:

Recharge this card and reveal a weapon to add 1d6+1 to your Charisma or Diplomacy check against a monster or an ally.

If the top card of the blessings discard pile has the Norgorber trait, recharge this card to add 2 dice to your check to acquire a boon.

Discard this card to explore your location.

• Improved Find Traps:

Discard this card to add 2 dice to any check to defeat a barrier. If the barrier has the Trap trait, add another die.

After playing this card, if you do not have the Divine skill, banish it; otherwise you may succeed at a Divine 12 check to recharge this card instead of discarding it.

• Volcanic Shield:

If you played a weapon with the 2-Handed trait on this check, you may not play this card.

Reveal this card to reduce Combat or Fire damage dealt to you by 2. If proficient with light armors, you may play another armor.

Discard this card to add 1d6 and the Fire trait to a combat check by a character at your location.

If proficient with light armors, you may recharge this card when you reset your hand.

• Fervor:

Discard this card to explore your location. During this exploration, add 1d6 to your checks.

After playing this card, if you do not have the Divine skill, banish it; otherwise, you may succeed at a Divine 16 check to recharge this card instead of discarding it.

• Blessing of Achaekek:

Discard this card to add 1 die to any check.

Discard this card to add 2 dice to any check to defeat a villain or henchman.

Discard this card to explore your location.

After you play this card, if the top card of the blessings discard pile has the Achaekek trait, recharge this card instead of discarding it.

• Amulet of Colossal Fists:

Reveal this card to add 1d8+5 and the Magic trait to your combat check; you may not play a spell that has the Attack trait or a weapon on this check.

We have some familiar faces from Pillars of Eternity making an appearance and welcome in Pathfinder Adventures as well! Edér and Pallegina can only be purchased through the Obsidian Edition on Steam, GOG, and the Mac App Store.

Quest Mode

As mentioned here in a developer blog from Flounder, we are sad to announce that Quest Mode will be removed from the game.  But we have not forgotten the fallen! There is a reward system for those who have invested a great deal of time into Quest Mode.

The rewards is as follows:

• Gold
    • All Levels
    •  
    • 125 Gold per Level
      • 5,000 Gold at Level 40.
    • Level 40
      • Additional 1,000 Gold
  • Dice
    • Level 25+
      • Nathan's Tribute (New set of dice)
  • Cards
    • All Levels
      • Elemental Body Card
  • Chests
    • Level 1 - 10
      • 2 Chests
    • Level 11 - 20
      • 4 Chests
    • Level 21 - 30
      • 6 Chests
    • Level 31 - 39
      • 8 Chests
    • Level 40
      • 10 Chests

Bug Fixes

Here's the list of other fixes we've addressed in this patch, broken down by type!

Progression Breaks

• Shimmering Veils of Pride: A number of issues including some possible progression breaks involving Villains at the Shimmering Veils of Pride have been resolved.
  • Spyglass: Resolved a possible progression break that could occur if using Spyglass
  • Ghlorofaex: Fixed a possible progression break if a character encountered Ghlorofaex.
  • Staff of Vision: Fixed a progression break that could occur if you used Staff of Vision
  • Offline: Fixed various progression breaks while playing the game online.
  • Mending: Fixed a progression break when using Mending between 2 different characters.
  • Assault on the Pinnacle: Fixed a progression break when encountering a bane that examined the location deck during Assault on the Pinnacle.
  • Staff of Hungry Shadows: Fixed a progression break when using the Staff of Hungering Shadows against banes with multiple checks
  • Attack on Sandpoint: Fixed a progression break keeping players from being able to complete the scenario.

Cards

• Falling Bell: No longer incorrectly retains the difficulty reduction if encountered multiple times in the same turn
  • Simulacrum of Vraxeris: No longer incorrectly recharges hand when succeeding the Before You Act check at the Shimmering Veils of Pride, and also no longer recharges displayed cards when failing the Before You Act check.
  • Summon Monster: Can now be recharged on characters with Arcane/Divine.
  • Swipe: Resolved an issue where Swipe would function incorrectly when used vs items
  • Token of Remembrance: Can now properly be cancelled when played.  This should help some users work around a progression break when you can't interact with cards in the examine tray.
  • Velociraptor: Now can correctly be discarded prior to your first exploration of the turn.

Character

• Character Alts: Fixed a bug that would lock up the UI when attempting to purchase a character alt in game.
  • Locations
  • Shimmering Veils of Pride: Now forces a recharge when characters with auto success recharge powers fire.
  • Scenarios
  • Thassilonian Sins: Players are no longer forced to move after cornering and defeating the final villain

UI

• Victory Screen: Fixed various issues with the UI in the new Victory Screen.
  • Treasure Chests: Fixed a bug that was keeping players from being able to open Treasure Chests
  • Tutorial: Fixed a bug that led the player to a black screen when completing a Tutorial
  • Card Dragging: Fixed a bug that would cause a card to get stuck on screen when dragging it
  • Vault/Gallery

As always we'll be checking the technical support forums on release of the patch for any and all feedback you all provide. Thank you all for making the launch of Pathfinder Adventures be an awesome one and we look forward to bringing you more content as soon as we can!

• Like 2

So much good stuff in there!  The future has arrived, and it is indeed GLORIOUS.

Really though; great job!  It is exciting to see how far Pathfinder has come in the last year.  

Good luck with the PC launch, and know the regulars will be here to help out however we can when a new user wanders into the forums with some questions.

#PathfinderAmbassadorStuff

• Like 5

Aaaaaanndd I just got hosed on the Quest Mode replacement. I had level 40 characters and I only got rewards for a level 1 character. Help?

Indeed whats the deal? I had 2 characters in their 20s but I only got rewards for having one level 1.

While I appreciate the effort that went into this update, I can't fathom why the 'BUG: No Music on Older iDevices Under iOS 10' issue I first reported nearly 6 months ago still hasn't been fixed.  Other players have reported the same issue.  Why has this bug (in Unity games) managed to elude the PA devs, while other devs have squashed it in their apps in short order?  Please fix this bug!

Other bugs in v1.2.6:

• The gold ! on the Enhancements tab in the Store remains after viewing the tab
  • Logging into one's Asmodee.net account wipes all in-progress parties and purchased content.  Closing the app and relaunching it (without signing into Asmodee.net) restores the purchased content, but not the in-progress parties

<p>

Other bugs in v1.2.6:

• Logging into one's Asmodee.net account wipes all in-progress parties and purchased content. Closing the app and relaunching it (without signing into Asmodee.net) restores the purchased content, but not the in-progress parties
I've found the same problem. The first time I logged into my Asmodee account, my party dissapeared, I create a new party with the same characters and I played the next mission because the progress of each character was saved. Then I restarted the app, I logged again into my Asmodee's account and my party dissapeared again but also the characters and all their progress!!! Now I will have to start again the path with a fresh party :(

Guys, you totally rock my world...

Last pair of questions from my side:

What are your future business plans? Put it this way: if a person prefers to play PA on a mobile device only, will he still be able to continue his gaming experience and occasionally make micropayments, but still move on to fresh content without making any content purchases available via solid $ only?

And if not, then what % of all the different cards and adventures will be totally unavailable for him via the play model mentioned above?

Moderately concerned about the patch notes. A few fixes for problems I've never had (like Velociraptor use as/before first exploration) and no mention of the dozens of problems I have had (the top things that come to mind is the Bardic Performance on Drunken Master recharging a liquid, Infinite dice on Lini Strength/Dexterity checks and infinite-gamebreaking-loop when two characters are at a location when passing the check to defeat Muck Graul without the fire trait).

Until further notice I presume they will be fixed in later patches.

Tl:dr it's now pay to win. There is a pc version. Quest mode is gone. No new content after what, an year? I can't understand what people is happy about.

Co-signed.

The best part of this game has been gutted. A long-term player like myself, after months of waiting, is forced to upgrade and in doing so loses a headline feature in return for a few bug fixes and the opportunity to pay again. As a 'thank you' for playing quest mode, we get tossed a few chests - and that reward is buggy. Classic.

You guys made a pretty great (tho buggy) game with a flawed business model. In an attempt to salvage the bottom line somewhat, we now have a much worse game with a still-flawed business model. Everything about this game's development history has been backwards.

The usual plan is to start with a paid release on PC where titles typically can charge more. Work that out, then potentially move to a mobile platform where there's a much larger, but much more price-sensitive audience - but you might be able to include micro transactions to help offset as well. Going the other direction seems much riskier.

I hope things work out and that this game gets continuing development, but I fear that with this update Obsidian has finally put a bullet into this project. I look at Pathfinder as an excellent foundation, and the mobile version as a great idea with mediocre-to-poor execution. If this is the end, what lessons do decision makers take away from this? :/

the Stash affair is better than i knew...it reintroduces gold for extra cards(with the dear merchant),a new(not at all) way to grind gold :) i appreciate this update,for many aspects,it gives new hopes in the future content(i remained mobile,my money for the game was already spent years ago) :) good job

• Like 2

Chiming in as one of the silent folks who are thankful for the update and with this out the door, a better content stream. I love this game and have paid for bundle and daily gold on each platform. I'll pay again on MAc, already bought a number of runes.

I've got 25k in stockpiled gold, any plans to release new char bundles, or can I just buy a bunch of boons?

Also, did collection salvage disappear?

• Like 1

New update rolled out, and quest mode got removed. I lost all progression including purchased adventures and characters... Excellent job, I'll be sure to avoid the steam release and any other game made by these developers.

New update rolled out, and quest mode got removed. I lost all progression including purchased adventures and characters... Excellent job, I'll be sure to avoid the steam release and any other game made by these developers.

Did you log into Asmodee.net?

Pathfinder Adventures has always had the problem where it isn't sure if it's a paper card game directly translated into the digital space (with attendant tabletop-style premium pricing for separate modules) or a F2P mobile loot grinding game or, now, a "normal" single-player PC game that comes with all non-DLC content "out of the box."

So this leads to different segments of its audience perceiving it differently.

If, for example, you paid $25 to unlock all the scenarios and base characters on mobile, then you may feel that those digital items--the scenarios and characters--are what you bought, not access to the client software, which is already free. Then paying an additional $25 (or whatever the price is going to be) extra just to utilize those same digital items on another client app might feel like a rip off. (i.e., the Gwent and Hearthstone model)

Or you may view  the PC version as a separate self-contained thing from the mobile version that happens to carry with it a bonus of syncing your progress between different platforms (i.e., Playstation and Vita games that are cross-save but not cross-buy).

It's all in the eye of the beholder (heh), and no one is objectively right or wrong, it's just that the game is chimeric in its design, pricing, and marketing, likely due to the need to profitably expand the audience beyond the niche tabletop audience, especially since the game has a lot of complex rules that need intensive developer resources, while still being faithful (perhaps too faithful) to the original version. To be fair, it's a hard tightrope to tread.

(Although this inconsistency can lead to odd scenarios like if you paid for the Steam version first, you'll get both clients for $25, but if you paid for the mobile version first, both clients cost $50...)

• Like 1