Pathfinder Ambassador Program -- Now Available!

I just picked up the base edition on steam myself.  Whether or not the coupons stack, waiting for an extra 10% off amounts to less than $2.  I'll get more than $2 of play out of the game this weekend while we wait on the ambassador portal to go live.

GO GO GO!   :)

Same here. I'll just kick it old-school without all the extra cards, as nature (well, Lone Shark) intended - not exactly a hardship!

If I wasn't so attached to my first play-through on mobile, I might consider starting fresh again on PC. Instead, I'm probably going to play a bit more Pillars on PC over the weekend and pepper in PA on my phone.

• Like 1

Interesting Factoid: My profile picture depicts Belafa cosplaying as Ballos.

I have to say I'm not 100% sure what to do now. I'm quite eager to play on steam, but having played quite a bit of the mobile version and certainly having spent more than 25 euros on it, what is my best option here? 

Do I buy basic on steam now and wait for the ambassador upgrade? 

Ok so,if the plan is to provide the obsidian version free of charge to players that supported earlier, wouldn't it make a bit of sense to make the Obsidian upgrade a separate DLC as opposed to bundling it with the base game,as it is now on steam? Then we could just purchase the game now for sale price, then devs could just send codes for the Obsidian content on steam(or a 99% coupon, however Steam works idrk).

Hey folks! I may be just being a bit of a plum here, but how exactly do I link my Playfab and Steam IDs to my Obsidian.net account to qualify for the Ambassador program? The initial step-by-step seems to suggest it should be fairly intuitive on your account page but I'm not seeing any option to add anything on there. Am I coming at it from the wrong angle? My playfab email account is the same as my Obsidian.net one, I'm pretty sure.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. It's because of the Ambassador program so I figured this was the most appropriate place to put it.

Edit: Ahh, triple rereading seems to suggest that this particularly bit isn't implemented yet but will be coming sometime soon. Ignore me unless I've gotten even more turned around!

Edited by Hoobakka

Ok so,if the plan is to provide the obsidian version free of charge to players that supported earlier, wouldn't it make a bit of sense to make the Obsidian upgrade a separate DLC as opposed to bundling it with the base game,as it is now on steam? Then we could just purchase the game now for sale price, then devs could just send codes for the Obsidian content on steam(or a 99% coupon, however Steam works idrk).

That is actually how it is set up on the back end of Steam. There is a hidden Obsidian Edition Upgrade DLC that will be handed out to Ambassadors once everything is ready on our end.

That is actually how it is set up on the back end of Steam. There is a hidden Obsidian Edition Upgrade DLC that will be handed out to Ambassadors once everything is ready on our end.

If I spent the $25 on mobile now, would I still get the Upgrade DLC for free?

Hey folks! I may be just being a bit of a plum here, but how exactly do I link my Playfab and Steam IDs to my Obsidian.net account to qualify for the Ambassador program? The initial step-by-step seems to suggest it should be fairly intuitive on your account page but I'm not seeing any option to add anything on there. Am I coming at it from the wrong angle? My playfab email account is the same as my Obsidian.net one, I'm pretty sure.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. It's because of the Ambassador program so I figured this was the most appropriate place to put it.

Edit: Ahh, triple rereading seems to suggest that this particularly bit isn't implemented yet but will be coming sometime soon. Ignore me unless I've gotten even more turned around!

It did took several months to port this game to PC. So it would take several months to port this to Linux...

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

If I spend $25 on mobile version right now.I will not get the ambassador program Because the PC version already launched ?

Seems a waste to me even if you do get the ambassador upgrade.

Given you can get the Obsidian version (what the ambassador program upgrades too) on steam for $30USD (because of the 25% off) and it will give you everything on the mobile version.

While if you spend 25USD on the mobile version you still need to spend ~19USD on the steam version to use that, thus spending 44USD instead.

Edited by Loswaith

​The way I see things is:

Buying the discounted version on steam now should be fine.

Playing the steam version before linking accounts runs a risk.

Think of it.  You have a collection of toons on Mobile.  And you build a new set of toons on Steam.  You now have more than 24 toons when you add the Mobile and Steam platforms together.   

How is linking going to be able to properly reconcile between the two platforms.

I'm betting its going to be ugly before its fixed.  

So guys, I'm taking it slow.

​The way I see things is:

Buying the discounted version on steam now should be fine.

Playing the steam version before linking accounts runs a risk.

Think of it.  You have a collection of toons on Mobile.  And you build a new set of toons on Steam.  You now have more than 24 toons when you add the Mobile and Steam platforms together.   

How is linking going to be able to properly reconcile between the two platforms.

I'm betting its going to be ugly before its fixed.  

So guys, I'm taking it slow.

for what its worth i was also concerned. i tested it out last night by linking my Android and my iOS games together. android had a party of two mid campaign + 45 chests + 500 gold. iOS had 6 parties all over the place + 0 chests + 8300 gold + RotR bundle purchased. on iOS i created the link code (aka secret) and on android i typed in the iOS code (aka secret) and the iOS PFID. it happened to work perfect for me. now both clients show 7 parties, 45 chests, 8800 gold, RotR. I share your hesitation but found a little hope last night. crossing my fingers  

• Like 1

I think my mistake was linking the ios to android or something, because now my Asmodee account is the correct account, but whenever I launch the app, it goes to the wrong account.  On top of that, I am forced to log in to Asmodee manually every single time I launch the app to get to the correct PFID. 

Truly annoying.  I hope there will be a fix soon.

I didn't wait for the 10% and just ended up buying the base Steam version.  Here's hoping that upgrade DLC and the linking comes soon and fixes all this.

Edited by Musaab

I got the base version on Steam, linked that to my GameCenter and it worked fine. Now I have my games in both versions.

Was very happy with the Steam version. I have an Ultrawide 34 inch gaming monitor and it even supports this resolution to an extent. It's not exactly pretty but I enjoyed playing on the PC much more than my aging iPad.

• Like 1

Where on my profile page do I link my steam account and that id thing?

Having the same issue here - I just registered an account to take advantage of the Ambassador program, but I can't see any option to link either my Playfab ID or my Steam ID. Any assistance appreciated.

The Ambassador program is still a work in progress so the linking feature hasn't been implemented onto the site yet.

Edited by ylvglo
  • Like 2

PFID-141DBD51FD7F535C

I just wanna say up front that like 90% of the reason I'm posting this is so that I'll get an email response when the answer is inevitably communicated, and I know that if anyone had a firm answer to this we'd know already, but here goes:

I know that from other posts the Devs intend to have the Ambassador program work done and ready to go (the bonus DLC as well as the 10% discount coupon) before the Steam sale ends on June 22nd; what I wanted to know was if there was any more specific knowledge about that; are you expecting to have that ready by the end of business today, or is it looking more likely that it will not be ready until some time next week?

• Like 1

I'm confused why everyone is so excited about the Ambassador Program. The program just upgrades the base version of the Steam game to a "deluxe" version. You still have to pay $25 (minus discounts) to buy the game on Steam even if you already paid $25 to buy the game on mobile.

I mean, am I going crazy here or isn't that ... completely terrible?

I was under the impression from the beginning that if you bought the season pass on mobile you'd have it when the game came out for PC. When I went to the Steam page, I was utterly befuddled by the lack of a "download" button. I came to the forums trying to figure out how to link my account to download the game on Steam, and all I found was this "ambassador" nonsense which to me just seems like wool over the eyes of the community.

You bought the game on mobile when it first came out. You supported Obsidian while they spent a year working out the kinks on a product en route to releasing the PC version, which is the one that they've probably been hoping all along would be the one that actually makes them money, and when that version arrives, Obsidian says you have to buy the same game again.

Why aren't more people mad?

• Like 1

I'm confused why everyone is so excited about the Ambassador Program. The program just upgrades the base version of the Steam game to a "deluxe" version. You still have to pay $25 (minus discounts) to buy the game on Steam even if you already paid $25 to buy the game on mobile.

I mean, am I going crazy here or isn't that ... completely terrible?

I was under the impression from the beginning that if you bought the season pass on mobile you'd have it when the game came out for PC. When I went to the Steam page, I was utterly befuddled by the lack of a "download" button. I came to the forums trying to figure out how to link my account to download the game on Steam, and all I found was this "ambassador" nonsense which to me just seems like wool over the eyes of the community.

You bought the game on mobile when it first came out. You supported Obsidian while they spent a year working out the kinks on a product en route to releasing the PC version, which is the one that they've probably been hoping all along would be the one that actually makes them money, and when that version arrives, Obsidian says you have to buy the same game again.

Why should I be mad? Because a company is selling a game on a different platform? Just because I bought Overwatch on PS4 does not mean I should get it free on PC and Xbox. The same applies here.

I am pretty excited for the Ambassador Program. I get to buy the base game for about $19 with current discounts and get the $40 version of the game. That is just over 50% off. Yes, I may have already bought the main stuff for mobile, but I have not gotten any of the Alt Characters, I don't have a lot of dice or the other extras, I don't have the future goblin expansions plus promos. I am spending just under $19 to get all of that unlocked for both the Steam version and mobile, which all of the extras will probably cost at least that much on just mobile.

I would understand if you are upset about the cost, after buying everything on mobile and spending money on extras. But I think it is still worth the cost to support the company and to get all the extra stuff I do not already have.

• Like 4

I suppose I'm not mad because I played an awful lot of hours on my Ipad and can still continue to play without having to spend another cent. I happened to buy the RotR module so have supported the company already. While I had hoped to get the game to transfer to PC, I can accept that I am getting an additional product and therefore can be expected to pay if I want it. I think offering the Obsidian package to those who have contributed is a nice compromise. 

• Like 1

Just a different perspective on the same facts, really.

The fact remains that if I don't want to give Obsidian any more money... I don't have to, and I can continue to play the mobile version of the game, just the same way I did on the 14th.   If I decide I do want the deluxe PC version and all the goodies that come with it, they're going to give me a discount for having paid for the mobile version previously, and they're going to let me carry my saves across platforms.

I honestly don't see anything to be mad about over that.

Edited by SkeevePlowse
  • Like 5