Pathfinder Ambassador Program -- Now Available!

Here is my best understanding, scouring through all the post.

On the Pathfinder Adventures home page https://pathfinder.obsidian.net/

Once you have logged in you see your ID in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Click on it and there is a selection for "My Products". Select it.

I believe that is where you will see the Steam discount code, and a DLC code for the Ambassador program.

At this moment, no codes have been posted yet, so you don't want to buy from steam until you have your codes.

I hope this is all correct.  But not verified.  Someone please verify or correct when you figure this out.

I still do not know where to link the playfab (pfid) and steam accounts.  Which do I go to (Steam, Obsidian, elsewhere) and how do I link?

• Like 2

Once you have logged in you see your ID in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I believe that is where you will see the Steam discount code, and a DLC code for the Ambassador program.

At this moment, no codes have been posted yet, so you don't want to buy from steam until you have your codes.

I hope this is all correct.  But not verified.  Someone please verify or correct when you figure this out.

I still do not know where to link the playfab (pfid) and steam accounts.  Which do I go to (Steam, Obsidian, elsewhere) and how do I link?

It doesn't appear to have been set up yet, but what you posted is pretty much how I'm expecting the process to work.

Hang tight everyone.  The PC game launches in less than an hour!

How does my pathfinder account know I've played the iOS version? I signed into "asmodee.net" but I don't know if I'll "qualify" to get a coupon?

How does my pathfinder account know I've played the iOS version? I signed into "asmodee.net" but I don't know if I'll "qualify" to get a coupon?

The pathfinder ambassador portal does not presently exist yet.

We've been given a couple clues about how it might work; like:

- Go to http://pathfinder.obsidian.net

- Create an account / log in in the top right corner

- Link your iOS or Android PFID

- Get steam coupons and codes if your account meets their criteria

But, it has yet to be implemented.  The ambassador program is a late-breaking idea that the devs only off-handedly mentioned during a twitch stream last week.  As soon as it is ready, the'll let us know how to sign up.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2

Yep, so it will take some time to do it. A couple of days at least, most propably a couple of weeks, because a lot of stuff have to be made from Scrach. They have to include a way to check out the user, the account, how much have been used in mobile. So some data maining is needed!

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

So as someone who bought the main bundle and a few other things on mobile the current plan of attack for maximum value is:

1. Wait for ambassador infrastructure to launch.
  2. Link the accounts and get the ambassador coupon and DLC code.
  3. THEN purchase on Steam for 10% off.
  4. Enter DLC code.
  5. Play like crazy.

Sound about right?

• Like 3

So as someone who bought the main bundle and a few other things on mobile the current plan of attack for maximum value is:

4. Enter DLC code.
  5. Play like crazy.

Sound about right?

Yup.  And, right now my mobile crashes whenever I try to enter a game.  So I'm not playing until the ambassador reward is issued.    

Days?  Weeks?  Don't know.

4. Enter DLC code.
  5. Play like crazy.

Sound about right?

That's how I read it and expect it to go too, yeah.

Or to put it another way;

1. Don't do anything just wait for ambassador program to launch.

2. follow new instructions posted along with ambassador program launch.

3. Play like crazy.

;)

They have to take people out of Goblin dls, or postpone this after Goblin dls is ready, so one of them is going to take time to wait another to be ready.

But Goblin dls has been under development some time so who knows how much is needed. My ques is that Ambassador release is done first, because it is more simple than Goblin dls, but even that has to be tested Somehow after it has been coded. And database coding is easier than Pathfinder power interactions.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Hey, everyone. The Ambassador Program is not currently live. This means you are not able to link your PlayFab and Steam accounts with your Obsidian.net Account. Once I have more info regarding the website being available for the public I will post instructions on how to go about linking your accounts.

• Like 5

This DLC will upgrade a base version of the Steam game to an Obsidian Edition - free of charge.

This is crap.

I wrote and deleted this post like half dozen times, and it's probably for the better because no one needs the stream of invectives  this froth-inducing 'news' made me wanna spout.

So, instead, I'm gonna try to explain it as concise and civilized as I can:

- I wouldn't have liked it, but I would've accepted it if PC version was only available on Steam. Many devs overlook GOG at all, and I can only deduce there are sound business reasons behind it.

- I wouldn't have liked it, but would've understand it if no compensation for mobile users was available at all. In fact, I would've preferred it to what followed; at least, it all mobile users would've been treated the same.

- Getting the game on both Steam and GOG, but offering reparation only to Steam users feel like someone I supported just spit in my face

I've been with the game on mobile from day 1. My money have been on the game on mobile from day1. In the early days, I've been an active member of the community, and -I like to think- a constructive one at that. I'm probably in top 3 users by quantity of reported bugs. I helped new users get around the overwhelming ruleset and the sometimes unintuitive UI.  I never complained about the delays, or stability issues, or bugs - because I know what you have to deal with, and the ungrateful labor the devs had to go through to bring the complicated beast that is PACG to an interactive format.

And for all that, I now get a slap in the face, and being told that -on top of my current investment in the game- I now have to pay "wrong choice of PC store" tax that other paying users don't have to deal with, just because I have the audacity to prefer GOG. I'm literally* being shown that my money spend on mobile is worth less than the dollars of Steam users. (And regardless how YOU see the situation, this very definitely MY perception of it)

I can't believe it, but this 'compensation' actually made me want to buy the game on PC LESS, since shelling out 15$ more bucks than pretty much anyone else on my level of financial (let alone other) commitment to the game is just adding insult to injury - and that would be adding it *myself*, and I haven't really found to have any masochistic or self-humiliating tendencies.

I realize I'm in a minority here (most people are not only OK with it, they *love* them some Steam), so I don't expect Obsidian to have an incentive to fix my particular situation, but I'll say this: GOG is currently running a round of their "GOG Connect" initiative, where a user can 'import' the games they own on Steam into their GOG profile, and where "eligible games are made possible by participating developers and publishers". So I'll kindly look into the possibility of making Pathfinder Adventures available on GOG Connect. Should that be the case, I'd swallow my pride and common sense, and I'd actually get the game on Steam, "just this once" , knowing that I can then peruse it on my platform of choice. Thanks in advance for any effort you might make in that direction.

*not a literal usage of the word 'literally'

We haven't made an official anouncement about this, but one of the main reasons that the Ambassador Program is not available on GoG is due to the GoG version being delayed.

I can't get into the specifics, but our game requires an online connection (and PlayFab account) to make use of many of its features. We will be working with GoG to find solutions that they feel will give their community the best DRM-free experience possible.

• Like 1

Just FYI, it looks like the game is 25% off on Steam right now. I might be wrong, but I don't think coupons can be combined with Steam sales, so it might be cheaper to just buy it now and then sit on it while we wait for the account linking and Ambassador Program upgrades to come along. 

• Like 1

Interesting Factoid: My profile picture depicts Belafa cosplaying as Ballos.

Just FYI, it looks like the game is 25% off on Steam right now. I might be wrong, but I don't think coupons can be combined with Steam sales, so it might be cheaper to just buy it now and then sit on it while we wait for the account linking and Ambassador Program upgrades to come along. 

Thought exactly the same and just bought it ;)

Question: What is with my gold I still have on my mobile game account? Will I get it on my steam game account once I linked the accounts?

Edited by DocMcJansen

I was just about to ask about this. Since the sale last until the 22nd I will hold off buying it for now, but unless there is a concrete answer before that I'll probably buy it, in case the coupon doesn't stack/isn't out on time. A 25% discount is much better than a 10% discount after all (a 35% discount is even better though).

Edited by ylvglo

PFID-141DBD51FD7F535C

I was just about to ask about this. Since the sale last until the 22nd I will hold off buying it for now, but unless there is a concrete answer before that I'll probably buy it, in case the coupon doesn't stack/isn't out on time. A 25% discount is much better than a 10% discount after all (a 35% discount is even better though).

I thought the code just upgraded the base game for free to the Obsidian version? I doubt the coupons will stack so I'll be getting the base game and hope that I qualify for the code. I have the iOS version and the full Rise bundle but I bought that a long time ago, no idea how much I spent.

• Like 1

I thought the code just upgraded the base game for free to the Obsidian version? I doubt the coupons will stack so I'll be getting the base game and hope that I qualify for the code. I have the iOS version and the full Rise bundle but I bought that a long time ago, no idea how much I spent.

If you bought the RoTR bundle, you should be good.  The bundle was never discounted from the $24.99 price.

I just picked up the base edition on steam myself.  Whether or not the coupons stack, waiting for an extra 10% off amounts to less than $2.  I'll get more than $2 of play out of the game this weekend while we wait on the ambassador portal to go live.

GO GO GO!   :)

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 4

If you bought the RoTR bundle, you should be good.  The bundle was never discounted from the $24.99 price.

I just picked up the base edition on steam myself.  Whether or not the coupons stack, waiting for an extra 10% off amounts to less than $2.  I'll get more than $2 of play out of the game this weekend while we wait on the ambassador portal to go live.

Yup,

just did the same! No reason to wait for less than 2$. There's always the hope that the coupon can be redeemed for future DLCs ,)

Same here. I'll just kick it old-school without all the extra cards, as nature (well, Lone Shark) intended - not exactly a hardship!

• Like 2

Maybe you're right Ethics Gradient.  Either way it's late here and I'm too tired to play anything, so I'll wait until the morning at the earliest.

Apparently I'm just tired enough to click on the purchase button...

Edited by ylvglo
  • Like 1

PFID-141DBD51FD7F535C