Pathfinder Ambassador Program -- Now Available!

ATTENTION: The Ambassador Program ended on 08/17/2017 and is no longer active. If you feel that a mistake was made and you should qualify for the Ambassador Program, please contact support@obsidian.net.

Hello, everyone. Brandon here. I wanted to talk about the Pathfinder Ambassador Program.

What is the Pathfinder Ambassador Program?
This program is a thank you to all of the Pathfinder community members that have supported us over the past year. Obsidian would like to show its appreciation for your support by giving you an exclusive upgrade DLC for Pathfinder Adventures on Steam. This DLC will upgrade a base version of the Steam game to an Obsidian Edition - free of charge.

This means you will get:

• All Epic and Legendary Treasure Cards
  • Legendary Dice Sets
  • All Iconic Alternate Character Equipment Sets
  • Edér, Pallegina, and Obsidian Golem Promotional Cards
  • Exclusive Legendary Cards
  • A Rune and Charms Starter Pack
  • 5000 Gold
  • Future Deck 1 of the Rise of the Goblins
  • Future Poog and Ranzak Goblin Characters

... all for the price of the base Steam game.

We'd also like to offer our Ambassadors a 10% off coupon to help you pick up the base version of the game on Steam.

Who Qualifies for the Program?
If you have spent $24.99 or more on the mobile versions of Pathfinder Adventures before the PC version launches you will qualify for the upgrade DLC and the coupon.

Even if you have not spent $24.99 we would like you to get in on the fun. Anyone who has played the mobile version of the game before the PC version launches the 10% off coupon and access to the Edér, Pallegina, and Obsidian Golem promotional cards. It's our way of saying thank you for supporting us.

How do I Redeem my Rewards?
We are still working on the exact process (and I'll send out instructions once it is all hammered out), but the basic idea is as follows:

When Can I Redeem my Rewards?
Soon™. It may not be at Pathfinder Adventures PC launch, but it won't be long afterwards.

We are working on everything right now and once we have more information about it, we will let you know.

Update: It's now available! See the redemption instructions above.

That's it for now. Once we get the exact process for reward redemption we will create another post to inform you on how to collect your rewards.

Once again the entire Obsidian team would like to thank you for your support over the past year.

• Like 11

Thanks again for all the hard work on the app!  It's been a blast to play, and I can barely believe that the game has been out for a whole year.

In some ways I don't mind the various issues we've encountered over the course of the app's development.  After all, it helped foster this wonderful (and often ridiculous) community of Pathfinder players!

You guys really are the best!

284219732423475201.png

• Like 2

I think this is very reasonable. Thank you.

Just to be perfectly clear....what is the playfab ID? I only know my ID within the Mobile game. Of course I already have my steam and obsidian accounts

Also, when you refer to rewards...I assume you mean in Mobile, Challanges, Rewards.

Edited by DrDior

Just to be perfectly clear....what is the playfab ID? I only know my ID within the Mobile game. Of course I already have my steam and obsidian accounts

Your PlayFab ID is the 16-digit code found in the settings menu of the app (PFID).  

It actually stands for" PlayFab ID" (the game's cloud back-end), not "Pathfinder ID" as a lot of people have just assumed over the course of the last year.

Your PlayFab ID is the 16-digit code found in the settings menu of the app (PFID).  

It actually stands for" PlayFab ID" (the game's cloud back-end), not "Pathfinder ID" as a lot of people have just assumed over the course of the last year.

I still have a problem. I've looked in the PA mobile settings and in the IOS tablet application settings for PA. There is no 16 char code.

This news makes me VERY happy. :biggrin:

Any possibility of this working with the GOG version? If I was able to pick, that's the version I'd go with for PC.

Unfortunately, this is only available for Steam at this moment. If anything changes we will let you guys know.

Also, when you refer to rewards...I assume you mean in Mobile, Challanges, Rewards.

You can find your PlayFab ID by going into Options then Settings. There is a 16 digit ID at the bottom of the menu. I mispoke when I said rewards page. I meant the Products page for your Obsidian.net account. This is where you can usually collect digital rewards from Obsidian games. I'll talk about it more when I write the email about how to redeem your keys.

NCa8ziC.png

• Like 1

Does this expire?  

I don't think I want to be a day one supporter of the Steam version despite being a day 1 supporter of the mobile app + board game susbscriber.  

I still feel too burned over the last year by many of the decisions made.  

However, I need to understand if by waiting... will I get burned even more despite fitting into the "Ambassador" Description? 

I have no issue waiting until more content is added to the game or the eventual humble sale or both.  I've already invested enough of my money into the economy at this point for the luxury of playing it on the platform I originally wanted to START my adventures on (steam - I never wanted mobile) and a 10% discount doesn't cut it for me personally.

All the best.  

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 1

Does this expire?  

I don't think I want to be a day one supporter of the Steam version despite being a day 1 supporter of the mobile app + board game.  

I feel too burned over the last year by many of the decisions made.  

However, I need to understand if by waiting if I will get burned even more despite fitting into the "Ambassador" Description.  

I have no issue waiting until more content is added to the game or a humble sale or both.  I've already invested enough of my money into the economy at this point and a 10% discount doesn't cut it for me personally.

All the best  

The upgrade DLC key should not expire. As far as I know, Steam keys never expire.

The coupon might, but I am unsure of that. Once I find out more I will inform everyone. The answer may be slow since most folks on our end are wrapped up in E3 business.

Hello, Brandon!

Would you be so kind to clear things out for me on such a case:

Since we're about to hit the PC launch, which is scheduled on 15th... and the qualification for the Embassador clearly states that "You have to spend at least 25$ in mobile game before the PC launch"...

Is it still possible to participate in this awesome action by purchasing "Rise of the Runelords Bundle" via mobile Store today, on 14th?

Hello, Brandon!

Would you be so kind to clear things out for me on such a case:

Since we're about to hit the PC launch, which is scheduled on 15th... and the qualification for the Embassador clearly states that "You have to spend at least 25$ in mobile game before the PC launch"...

Is it still possible to participate in this awesome action by purchasing "Rise of the Runelords Bundle" via mobile Store today, on 14th?

Yes. If you purchase $24.99 worth of content before the PC launch you will be considered part of the Pathfinder Ambassador Program.

I'm sorry, but how do I link my accounts? I'm in the iOS app and I see the PFID, but I've no idea where I'm supposed to be entering that code into.

Currently we don't have the ability to link your PlayFab ID to the Obsidian.net account. That functionality will be coming in over the next couple of days. Once our site is ready I will write another post describing how to link your accounts properly.

• Like 2

Currently we don't have the ability to link your PlayFab ID to the Obsidian.net account. That functionality will be coming in over the next couple of days. Once our site is ready I will write another post describing how to link your accounts properly.

I'm guessing that this is going to be the same functionality that will allow us to link our PC accounts with our Android/iOS accounts to share purchases and content.  Are you still on track to have that functionality available when the Steam version goes live on Friday, or is there an expected delay between launch and account linkage?

I confess I have yet to make the time to watch the recording of the recent Q&A stream, but from a summary that was mentioned to me on these forums I recall that the Pathfinder Ambassador program was "Based on the gold or money spent on the mobile version". Admittedly, that may have been a fault of the summary, or an idea that was later disbanded, but I'd like to ask explicitly to be sure.

So if you have not spent ~$25 USD on the game, there will be no bonus besides the unique Obsidian cards and a 10% off coupon off the Obsidian Edition for previous players, regardless of quantity of in-game content otherwise owned or earned?

In my case, I have spent approximately $10-$15 USD on the game, for a special deal on a character/gold set and for the 'daily gold for a month' setup, but have otherwise been grinding gold in order to acquire the rest of the in-game content, and I have currently earned every other character, every adventure, and about 30 treasure chests, spent in-game gold. 

I recognize the shift in business model for the good of the game's future, and I'm happy with the 'automatic upgrade' reward as the ambassador program encourages/assigns, but I'm in a position where it may be more financially viable for me to spend $10 on the app, though there's nothing I need or want, rather than outright purchase the Obsidian Edition. Especially depending on how the price points may vary to the Australian steam marketplace. It also makes me feel that my time has been wasted, though the content I've earned is otherwise equivalent (or surpasses) the $25 purchase.

Of course, my time isn't valuable to the business in the same way as actual microtransactions are, but the mobile model was built to treat the two equivocally, where the ambassador program clearly removes that equivalence, it sounds like.