Hi there, first post.

I usually just browse the forums but couldn't find anything where someone has had a similar situation.

I've got a triple crown master save. Great fun, my personal canon and by pure chance with a Priest of Eothas. I've just discovered there's going to be a POE2. Eder's coming back but not in my save. This can't be good.  :blink:

I hope we can retcon parts of our save files so our POE choices aren't 100% baked in. Otherwise the TOI part of my save is going to roll into POE2 which isn't something I'm necessarily keen on. 

Some of you might say that's the point. You roll with your old save and all it's choices. If Eder died then he died. But each person plays this game their own way. I could just as well say well he didn't die, he was seriously maimed and couldn't continue questing with the main PC. He spent his time resting and recovering at Caed Nua while the main character continued on his personal quest. 

I suppose one alternative is to just rebuild the character and the choices made with a new game in POE2. Hopefully there won't be too much flavour that gets lost on a rebuild vs. save.

The other alternative is to use another completed playthrough. I have one where all NPCs survived but its not the save I want to use. It became a boring experience with a cookie cutter feel and a character I became thoroughly unimpressed and unattached to. But if worst comes to worse I'll retcon her into something else. At least then I can have a living, breathing Eder to joke around with.

You may wanna start a new PoE2 game with a new character, and then do your favourite picks in a minigame of PoE1 choices. All characters will be set to level 1 so you will probably won't feel the difference between a new character and the imported one, just gotta remember what choices you wanna go with on your journey.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Why you'd use a triple crown save is beyond me, do a full RP playthrough with the choices you want to make and resolve the quests of your party as you'd want to. That way, you'll get the best possible starting point for how you want PoE2 to start :)

• Like 1

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

Or he will comeback as a fampyr.

Good idea. Every dead companion should come back as Fampyrs and attack us at random points in the game :)

I recently finished the game again to put aside a save in case if there'll be reactivity for little choices which may not in the choices when we start Deadfire(hope all the relevant choices should be there tho) but I'm not happy with 2 ending states, I might not use it. One is Caroc's ending state, tho both ending's pretty bad I'm not sure which is worse, the other choice was about abydon restoration, I think I should have let them temper him...

• Like 1

Or he will comeback as a fampyr.

Good idea. Every dead companion should come back as Fampyrs and attack us at random points in the game :)

I recently finished the game again to put aside a save in case if there'll be reactivity for little choices which may not in the choices when we start Deadfire(hope all the relevant choices should be there tho) but I'm not happy with 2 ending states, I might not use it. One is Caroc's ending state, tho both ending's pretty bad I'm not sure which is worse, the other choice was about abydon restoration, I think I should have let them temper him...

I will stick to my decisions made during first playthrough, though upon learning recently that Zahua got personal quest in WM2 I reloaded my old save, done quest, and went through Sun in Shadow again. He got much better ending this time around. 

• Like 2

Yeah I also missed Zahua's vision quest, it was part of the reason I wanted a complete save(besides loosing the old saves). The quest itself was refreshing, prolly what MCA wanted with Grieving Mother's cut dream sequences to be like I guess, became possible in expansions.

I will stick to my decisions made during first playthrough, though upon learning recently that Zahua got personal quest in WM2 I reloaded my old save, done quest, and went through Sun in Shadow again. He got much better ending this time around. 

In my case Zahua always ges the same bloody ending regardless of his quest  :devil:

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...