Official E3 Thread (I forged the paperwork)

Malcador

yeah, these cuts from E3 are cringe worthy and amusing at the same time. just when I though a company couldn't embarass itself more I see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2v0LHI1O0g

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That Devolver "conference" was a pretty good parody of E3 as a whole.  It basically took a giant steaming **** all over E3.  I love that the main presenter lady's title was "Chief Synergy Officer".  Such a meaningless title that pokes fun at all the meaningless bull**** buzzwords that get spouted at us each year.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Huh... so Crytek is still alive and they've shown off a seriously impressive game. I thought they were dead as a game studio.

I seriously wonder how they are in business though. Maybe they'll finally hit that second stride that they've been chasing.

How did Fallout 4 take the fun away?

It introduced a new system which is basically not Steam Workshop and it will eventually introduce paid mods which is not good in my opinion.

Steam Workshop was never ideal for Skyrim mods, so why would it be great for Fallout 4? Nexus was and still is the better option and is still available.

The in-game mod management is awkward, I will admit, but you're not required to use it.

As far as paid mods go, they're optional. Not playing them won't harm your game experience. I doubt most mods will have prices attached.

I mean I don't like them either, but I don't have to touch them.

Here's Bethesda's creation club page.

The problem was that they disabled achievements and that you had to use hacky stuff to make that go away. Given how these games (Bethesda's ES/FO games) are usually so broken as almost require unofficial patch the entire thing was seriously bad manners, to put it mildly.

Anyway. Games that excite me:

- Metro!

- Forza Motorsport 7 (because it's the first "real" Forza for the PC, and yes, I'm ignoring the tech demo that was Apex on purpose)

With some luck the XCOM2 expansion will make the game less of a chore to play, but I'll be awaiting reviews before I bother with that as I haven't even managed to struggle through the original yet. Also haven't played the new Dishonored yet so bit premature to get get excite about an expansion as far as I'm concerned ;)

Now i can go back to dreaming about a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Another disappointing E3.

I'm like Charlie Brown and E3 is Lucy with the football.  I keep thinking that maybe this time, but then Lucy pulls the football away at the last moment.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It was definitely an underwhelming E3, in my opinion, but there were still some positives to take away from it.  For me they were Metro Exodus, The Last Night, Wolfenstein 2 (though we already knew about it), Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle, A Way Out, and, indirectly, the XBox One X (I have no desire to purchase the XBox One X, but I will likely purchase a PS4 Pro when Sony inevitably slashes the price to $349 a month before the XBox One X launch).

I was also initially very interested in Skull & Bones, since it seems like AssCreed 4: Black Flag with all the AssCreed extracted from it (which is great since my favorite parts of that game were all the parts were you were just a pirate doing pirate things, rather than the whole Assassin/Templar stuff I give zero ****s about), but everything they showed was multiplayer.  I'm on the fence on that game until I find out whether or not it will have a good, proper, meaty single-player campaign.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No new TW titles from Creative Assembly. They are doing the Warhammer crap for the next few years. Bethesda totally mailed it in and the next ES game is so far off in the distance it mat as well be never. Steamdog failed to get a deal to do an EE of Fallout 1 & 2. At least we have a new PoE to look forward to. Other than that things are bleak for me at least. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Huh... so Crytek is still alive and they've shown off a seriously impressive game. I thought they were dead as a game studio.

I seriously wonder how they are in business though. Maybe they'll finally hit that second stride that they've been chasing.

They did shut down technically.

Most likely someone else put money into re-opening their studio. Doesn't surprise me actually.

Another disappointing E3.

I'm like Charlie Brown and E3 is Lucy with the football.  I keep thinking that maybe this time, but then Lucy pulls the football away at the last moment.

I saw everything I wanted from E3.

I'm quite glad it was more action and less rpg's for the conferences, I'm guessing you didn't see any of the demo or panel/floor videos?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Most likely someone else put money into re-opening their studio. Doesn't surprise me actually

That would be the Turkish government. A 500 million injection. They have a studio in Istanbul so the government probably wanted to retain those jobs. I'd wager their military is probably getting training simulations or something else in the deal too, but who knows.

No new TW titles from Creative Assembly. They are doing the Warhammer crap for the next few years.

Yeah, but can we blame them? Their last few historical titles were very underwhelming and were unable to recapture the scope and quality of their older titles - but they've gotten universal praise for their Warhammer game, bringing in new customers in droves, who are actually loving their current approach, as opposed to their older fans :) Well save fort the DLC policy, but still.

It makes we wonder what their move post Warhammer will be though. Return to historical games or a soft compromise, beginning to incorporate fantasy elements.

To keep the Warhammer crowd.

Fortune favors the bald.

Is the ai in the warhammer games still as bad? I really loved rome 2. Played it for hundreds of hours. But when it comes to worldmap ai, it was completely underwhelming... at some point you just always do exactly the same. Boring.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

No new TW titles from Creative Assembly. They are doing the Warhammer crap for the next few years.

Yeah, but can we blame them? Their last few historical titles were very underwhelming and were unable to recapture the scope and quality of their older titles - but they've gotten universal praise for their Warhammer game, bringing in new customers in droves, who are actually loving their current approach, as opposed to their older fans :) Well save fort the DLC policy, but still.

It makes we wonder what their move post Warhammer will be though. Return to historical games or a soft compromise, beginning to incorporate fantasy elements.

To keep the Warhammer crowd.

They are also working on a historical title and there is also a special DLC planned for one of their historical titles. Warhammer team is a separate project which will go until WH3 and probably around 6 DLCs to it, so most likely to close by 2019 EoY.

They need to keep churning the WH games as they promised a trilogy. if the games would be too far apart the tech standard would be most likely not very good,as they would still need to tie the last game into their grand campaign for 3 main maps. They are already a bit challenged by combining the maps from 1 and 2 into something playable without killing your machine or enjoyment due to long turn times

Edited by Darkpriest

Most likely someone else put money into re-opening their studio. Doesn't surprise me actually

That would be the Turkish government. A 500 million injection. They have a studio in Istanbul so the government probably wanted to retain those jobs. I'd wager their military is probably getting training simulations or something else in the deal too, but who knows.
Like I said....

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/shuttered-crytek-studio-resurfaces-as-black-sea-games/

We can now thank SEGA for keeping Crytek alive:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/7/14844758/crytek-black-sea-studio-now-creative-assembly-sofia-total-war-sega

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

There hasn't been a good TW game since the original Medieval. After that it was all arcady BS.

I'm inclined to agree, they never really transitioned particularly well into the 'open map' games, or rather they made good games - but lost what actually made their AI work.

Is the ai in the warhammer games still as bad? I really loved rome 2. Played it for hundreds of hours. But when it comes to worldmap ai, it was completely underwhelming... at some point you just always do exactly the same. Boring.

Yep stil dysfunctional - have you tried Divide et Impera for Rome 2? They did a rather big update recently - there's now a working population mechanic and the AI is a lot better. Still TW retarded at times though.

Fortune favors the bald.

Drakan Order Of The Flame Remaster???

https://youtu.be/MPMwbPoFUOk

Yes please!

• Like 1

The new Drakan :-L

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing... all this time after and I'm still finding awesome stuff from E3. What a great year!