Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PoE II at E3 2017.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

smjjames

smjjames

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Wasn't it mention that we will learn more about where gods reside? Perhaps the Beyond is Gods domain. You do seem to enter through a large pillar of adra, possible in a temple of one of the gods.

The Beyond is where the Gods live and 'unhoused' souls reside

Was that explictly said by the devs?

Also, if it's the realm where the Gods live, then I'd expect there to be different areas which reflect the particular dietys portfolio of things that they represent or are aspects of. What we see in the video looks almost positively non-eucilidean, but chaos isn't really one of Waels attributes. Could be a sort of lobby or hub between the different gods domains.

And I guess 'unhoused' souls are just those who are in 'the wheel', but haven't moved onwards yet? Or souls that have reached nirvana?

Edited by smjjames, 29 June 2017 - 01:55 PM.

Baltic

Baltic

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wasn't it mention that we will learn more about where gods reside? Perhaps the Beyond is Gods domain. You do seem to enter through a large pillar of adra, possible in a temple of one of the gods.

The Beyond is where the Gods live and 'unhoused' souls reside

Was that explictly said by the devs?

Also, if it's the realm where the Gods live, then I'd expect there to be different areas which reflect the particular dietys portfolio of things that they represent or are aspects of. What we see in the video looks almost positively non-eucilidean, but chaos isn't really one of Waels attributes. Could be a sort of lobby or hub between the different gods domains.

And I guess 'unhoused' souls are just those who are in 'the wheel', but haven't moved onwards yet? Or souls that have reached nirvana?
There have been some dev posts and references to it in game and in abilities I believe, it's definitely in the guidebook. It may be meant to be something believed to be true that actually isn't. 'Housed' souls are ones in a body or object, so technically not all the souls in the Beyond.

anameforobsidian

anameforobsidian

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

New video from Update 36 on Fig yall.

Nothing new really, but still interesting. I actually would have like Adam to explain or at least acknowledge the different "inspirations" or state that are affecting party members (aware, concentrated, etc).

Inspirations are buffs.  They standardized buffs, so now each buff spell gives you an inspiration.  These inspirations have opposites that can be used as counters.

dukeisaac

dukeisaac

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

New video from Update 36 on Fig yall.

Nothing new really, but still interesting. I actually would have like Adam to explain or at least acknowledge the different "inspirations" or state that are affecting party members (aware, concentrated, etc).

Inspirations are buffs.  They standardized buffs, so now each buff spell gives you an inspiration.  These inspirations have opposites that can be used as counters.

Oh, I get the idea and all (its a good one too) but what I meant was more detail : how many, which ones, etc. I'm just hungry for more detail. :) Lucky for me, I'm starting a new contract and travelling soon, so I'll have other things on my mind than foolish video games.

• Wormerine likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users