I'm starting to go crazy waiting for anything to pop out about Deadfire ! 

Hardcore Gamer : No Article yet, Interview with IGN : Can't find it / Not posted yet.

There supposed to be a live event from Obsidian, but no communication on it !

I think I'm about to hit my keyBWAHHHHa5FDS55FD46FDSWW364SF8W48DEDFKLJSDLGNL/FFDS5FD4S83F1D8C1V834F86F841D36<1CF83< !

:banghead:

I'm starting to go crazy waiting for anything to pop out about Deadfire ! 

Hardcore Gamer : No Article yet, Interview with IGN : Can't find it / Not posted yet.

There supposed to be a live event from Obsidian, but no communication on it !

I think I'm about to hit my keyBWAHHHHa5FDS55FD46FDSWW364SF8W48DEDFKLJSDLGNL/FFDS5FD4S83F1D8C1V834F86F841D36<1CF83< !

:banghead:

Theres no guarantee that Hardcore Gamer will write an article, but the award is certainly indication that they are impressed. Not sure if they have to get permission to release the article because maybe the Obsidian guys may want to wait for a particular thing to happen first.

Yeah, maybe there's an "Embargo" thing, it happened yesterday for us in France.

We had an Interview with Michel Ancel (Beyond Good & Evil II) at E3, with Exclusive Infos about the Game & the release of the video has to be for tomorrow.

The thing is, they already had a talk with IGN, yesterday I believe, (they posted a photo of Adam Brennecke on Stage with IGN Host), so that's confusing.

Anyway, I off for three days at the Hellfest Festival \m/ , so hopefully there will be tons of Previews & stuff waiting for me when I'll come back  :w00t:

Cya around folks ! Hope you're gonna have fun with what they'll release (Alpha/Beta Date ? ^^)

• Like 1

The thing is, they already had a talk with IGN, yesterday I believe, (they posted a photo of Adam Brennecke on Stage with IGN Host), so that's confusing.

Most likely that's the interview IGN live at E3 is airing at 12:40 pm PT

Right before I could get home to watch it. Great.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yeah, I was looking and saw some superman stuff. I was writing you Infitron to say, that it isn't cool to tease like that. :p

Well the ign interview went pretty well in my opinion. The new effects and lightning looked pretty good. Not so much new information was revealed but I guess we have now a first look at how the fighting System has changed. I also like that the prerequisites in the dialoge are now presented as little Icons. And the hand drawn portraits which I didnt like in the beginning are okay I think. 

Oh and then there was the release window Q1 2018 mentioned!

It looks fantastic!! From the top of my head:

- The parrot on the ship when it is walking, it's so cute xD
- The world map exploration gives tons of Battle Brother feels. Just one nitpick, a random encounter does not need to be invisible. The scripted event just simply popped up, but could it not be represented by a ship or similar on the map? (Like Battle Brothers with caravans, peasants, bandits, soldiers, monsters etc.)
- I'm unsure how I will feel about regenerating health when I'll be playing, but it looks good. The flow of combat is nice. Albeit, it seemed like a speedrunner was playing the game (understandable in a press situation with little time!)
- Again, everything looks stellar, fantastic, beautiful. Definately a massive face-lift.
- I really liked the inventory screen and the bigger model. Nitpick! Why did you make the Aumaua blue? :p (reference: Portrait)
- Speaking of portraits, the water paints... incline!!!

I'll look at it more tomorrow. All the old stuff I've seen before (Titan, sand, Wizard hand casting etc.) looks so good! Want to play now! :D :D

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 2

Moving my observations into a new post:

things I notice:

Maias bird of prey companion flies when you move around, seemingly dependent on move distance? Also stops when you stop, though it's flying when you go out the door.

Ship interior.

On a humorous note, there was some sort of "Character(something) name me!" heals by one, from some previous scene.

Player portraits now have watercolor versions when in conversation. I guess it makes sense to have the art style match.

Preview of the sneak mechanism, with snatching the key right outta the chieftians pocket, lol.

Real ambushes, from sandworms at least.

The golem we've seen in the Fig update before. Its death seemed rather unspectactular, compared to the description in the fig update. Maybe the effects haven't been applied yet?

Main character with some aweome looking gear. Looked like the weapon clipped right through the body when the weapon switched hands, maybe?

Can use spells/other things to actively interact with the environment now. Aloth used cone of fire, or one of the other fire spells on some barrels. Not sure if the barrels were explosive or not.

Some bat things in the dungeon with strange hammerhead shaped heads. Is that what Josh teased earlier?

Portal to.... someplace that isn't the normal realm. Spritworld/ether?

Edited by smjjames

The negatives in the vid for me was running seemed weird & weirder on some characters and combat music overpowering every other sound effect.

They should make the bird perch on Maia's shoulder when out of combat and not moving & when moving it should fly over head. And it should attack from above the characters instead of taking horizontal space. I'm assuming they are making it the current way cos of selection circle overlap, why not make characters 3D selectable? They are 3D.

The negatives in the vid for me was running seemed weird & weirder on some characters and combat music overpowering every other sound effect.

What do you mean the running seemed a wierd and wierder on some characters? It did seem rather syncronized at times.

Wow wow wow! Adam, Josh, & team, proud of you all!

- This is looking really nice. The whole exploration already seems to be a hugely enriching angle to experiencing the game. I see the Fallout parallels and I'm liking it.

- PBR is A++

- New conversation panel is a nice improvement.

- Skeuomorphic UI looks beautiful.

- I'm not seeing any visual cues on injuries and I'm not sure where that system stands at the moment.

- Inventory and Paper doll looks great, I like the stash no longer being hidden.

- Combat field highlighting is much more clear and easy to read.

Edit: Also the ship seems too small and too narrow, I know this was an earlier complaint. Is this still the WIP ship?

Edited by injurai
  • Like 3

Edit: Also the ship seems too small and too narrow, I know this was an earlier complaint. Is this still the WIP ship?

Now that you mention it, yeah, the ship seems rather small, also, 5 cannons is a lot to cram into a small space like that. Though I guess someone who knows more about ships, especially historical ones as they're closer analogues, might be able to determine better if it looks rather small and narrow.

What do you mean the running seemed a wierd and wierder on some characters? It did seem rather syncronized at times.

Animations. When they enter a settlement and run to chieftains house look at the characters, some looked weird, Aloth's running were even weirder.